Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

I remember other Iowa points in the past having games in their freshman year in which they struggled. It happens.

True but if Jordan is not shooting the ball really well he's a liability at the point. He is missing wide open pick and rolls, he screwed up a 3 on 1 break, looks terrible dribbling the ball down the court, and he can't stop the dribble penetration of the opposing point guard. I can't see how anyone could watch the last 2 games and say Jordan looks good at the point. Hopefully these are just freshman mistakes and it will get better otherwise Fran needs to find a true point guard.

True but if Jordan is not shooting the ball really well he's a liability at the point. He is missing wide open pick and rolls, he screwed up a 3 on 1 break, looks terrible dribbling the ball down the court, and he can't stop the dribble penetration of the opposing point guard. I can't see how anyone could watch the last 2 games and say Jordan looks good at the point. Hopefully these are just freshman mistakes and it will get better otherwise Fran needs to find a true point guard.

In fairness, no one can stay in front of those guards.

He's a freshman. Cook has looked bad in some of his games. He doesn't keep the ball above his head in the lane. He dribbles in the lane after a rebound. Is he playing out of position? No. He's also a freshman. I don't see how anyone could watch Bohannon from the start of the season to now and think he won't be a good point guard. Moss, Bohannon, Pemsl, Cook and Kreiner are true freshmen playing in the Big 10. And they are holding their own most of the time. The glass isn't half full. It's over 3/4 full IMO.

He's a freshman. Cook has looked bad in some of his games. He doesn't keep the ball above his head in the lane. He dribbles in the lane after a rebound. Is he playing out of position? No. He's also a freshman. I don't see how anyone could watch Bohannon from the start of the season to now and think he won't be a good point guard. Moss, Bohannon, Pemsl, Cook and Kreiner are true freshmen playing in the Big 10. And they are holding their own most of the time. The glass isn't half full. It's over 3/4 full IMO.

I guess it's because I take more stock in how he looks in Big Ten play versus teams like Delaware State. So far the only games where he has played well was against Michigan and Purdue, mostly because of the contributions he was making on the offensive end.

I get it, we all want the young eastern Iowa kid to succeed. But when you look at his play objectively I don't get how anyone can look at Bohannon and see the makings of a really good point guard.

I'm not sure why you brought Cook into this. Cook is fixable, his issues will correct themselves with experience and are not due to a lack of talent. Yes freshman will make freshmen mistakes and I do see a decent SG in Bohannon.

Latest posts