Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

If we are 1 game over .500 after the BTT I think we are pretty much a lock for the NIT...just my opinion.

I'd like to think so but ever since the NCAA took over the NIT they use some of the same criterias that the NCAA Tournament uses. So I think we'll still need a decent RPI and record to get in.

It sounds like Jok is feeling better. I think we win out at home if he's healthy and stays that way.

We should win at Rutgers. I don't consider it far fetched to think we could split the road games at Illinois and Minnesota.

I even give us a chance at Maryland. We will be an improved team by February 25. And we had them on the ropes while only playing 15 minutes of good basketball out of 40.

It sounds like Jok is feeling better. I think we win out at home if he's healthy and stays that way.

We should win at Rutgers. I don't consider it far fetched to think we could split the road games at Illinois and Minnesota.

I even give us a chance at Maryland. We will be an improved team by February 25. And we had them on the ropes while only playing 15 minutes of good basketball out of 40.

We've already lost 3 home games, I doubt we win out at home

I don't think a winning record is a requirement for the CBI or the tournament below it, sadly this isn't a joke. It's just like really bad bowl games with 5 win teams in them.

The CIT (Collegeinsider.com Tournament) is the fourth postseason tournament, but they only include mid-majors in that that one.

I think it's cute how anyone continues to talk about post season prospects. As posted waaaay back in November, CBI was always the best case scenario for a young team with a fragile shooter. The only question was is it " beneath" Iowa.

2018 is where it's at. Hopefully, early in the year but, most likely, gotta wait till November. Then again, FrannyMac's gotta figure out the game vs his guys a bit between now and then.

I think it's cute how anyone continues to talk about post season prospects. As posted waaaay back in November, CBI was always the best case scenario for a young team with a fragile shooter. The only question was is it " beneath" Iowa.

2018 is where it's at. Hopefully, early in the year but, most likely, gotta wait till November. Then again, FrannyMac's gotta figure out the game vs his guys a bit between now and then.

Pretty much everyone said NIT at worst before the season. We're much worse than everyone predicted including me

Pretty much everyone said NIT at worst before the season. We're much worse than everyone predicted including me

We started worse than I thought we would. Then we were better than I thought we would be. Now we're worse than I thought we would be again. So overall we are a few games worse than I thought we would be. Hopefully the roller coaster ride will go back up to get us back where I thought we would be.

They won't make the tournament next year at this rate
I'll take that bet right now. I'm not calling you out or anything. I'm just very confident this team is going to be really good next year. Sophomores are so much better than freshmen.

Also, I think Jok is an outstanding play (when healthy). But his defense isn't great and when those 16 shots a game go to other guys they will make a lot of them so his loss won't be devastating (may not even be significant) IMO.

I'll take that bet right now. I'm not calling you out or anything. I'm just very confident this team is going to be really good next year. Sophomores are so much better than freshmen.

Also, I think Jok is an outstanding play (when healthy). But his defense isn't great and when those 16 shots a game go to other guys they will make a lot of them so his loss won't be devastating (may not even be significant) IMO.

Our last big class wasn't (Mike, Sapp and Woody)

2017-02-06.png

2017-02-06.png

20-14 (10-8 6th in BT) Think this gets us in? Again not saying we will pull it off but it's fun to speculate.

I think we'll end up with a losing record. We have no offense without Jok and can't defend

No, we don't have any offense without Jok. We have won 2 games without him, a road win and a home win. We've averaged over 80 points per game without him. But we have no offense without him.

I think we need one more win.
I am a homer but I don't see some of those wins happening. If we get the win against Minnesota this week then I will feel better about it. But particularly I don't see beating NW in the tournament. I like the way we are playing, but I look at yesterday's win and that was against a team that was decimated by injuries. Granted we aren't at full strength either but I am trying to keep from getting too hyped up about a very young team.

I am a homer but I don't see some of those wins happening. If we get the win against Minnesota this week then I will feel better about it. But particularly I don't see beating NW in the tournament. I like the way we are playing, but I look at yesterday's win and that was against a team that was decimated by injuries. Granted we aren't at full strength either but I am trying to keep from getting too hyped up about a very young team.

All it takes is getting hot at the right time.

Latest posts