Explosive players..

How was TX "vastly overrated"????

Sorry, but even with your mythical win over Northwestern and tOSU, you still almost had a disaster against UNI. Nobody who has to do what Iowa did to beat UNI belongs in a championship game. Period.

I never said Iowa belonged in the NC title game, nor the Rose Bowl. I was just stating what would have happened had Iowa won those games. I said it the week after the Indiana game where Iowa was #1 in the computers and #6 in the polls and 4th in the BCS. If Iowa was 4 in the polls and 1 in the computers. There average would have been 5 = 2.5. Which at WORST makes them #3 in the BCS. Iowa would have then been voted down in the polls to ensure Texas's spot in the BCS title game because of the ESPN machine wanting the bigger draw in the Title Game.

Texas's first tough game was against the Huskers and the Huskers were a second away from beating them. Their out of conference schedule was a joke - Utep, Central Florida, Wyoming and that powerhouse La-Monroe. The Big 12 was way down due to the crippling injuries Oklahoma and Ok State had and the only 2 teams that should have been anywhere close to the top 25 were Nebraska and Texas.

You're right about the "superior football team" part. But sorry, nothing an Iowa fan does pisses me off. I don't want you guys to think we're better. I love that you think you can beat us and are better than us.

You play for Nebraska? What position?

Thanks for making my point on both.

You won't even try on #1? C'mon. What would have been Nebby's gameplan against Iowa? It's not that hard if you actually know your team & what you are talking about.

I'll send an addendum (which means a later addition) to this post after I check where Nebby's solid wins were played at. I'll be back ......

... Well, I'm back. You mentioned Nebby's impressive wins were against, Missouri, Kansas, OK & the loss to Texas.

Are you F'ing serious.

Two games mentioned above were played on the road with wins over Missouri & Kansas.

Missouri ended with a 4-4 conference record & a bad loss to Navy in the bowl game.

Kansas ended with a 1-7 conference record & obviously never sniffed a bowl game.

Nebby beat OK at home with a 10-3 score.

I would say your best games were againt Texas in the Big12 championship & your 33-0 win over Arizona in the bowl game. How come you didn't include this game?

Iowa beat AZ early in the season last year as well.

Contrast that with Iowa playing:

1) Penn St (road) - Penn St ranked #5 in nation
2) Mich St (road) - Believe they were ranked down in the 20's or knocking on the door
3) Wisky (road) - Ranked
4) Ohio St - Believe ranked #1 at the time.

So you have evidence that the media thinks Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year? Show me.....

And by evidence I sure hope you mean you have a link to a credible source saying that very thing.....

Just follow the links:

Final AP Top 25 College Football Rankings 2009-2010: 'Bama Takes #1; Where's Boise State?, Page 3 of 3 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Final BCS Rankings 2010: Standings Released Following National Championship

Who do you think makes up the AP and the compilation of the BCS polls... hhhmmmm... Can you say media? Hello? Anyone home? LOL

Still waiting for your supporting evidence... crickets are singing...

... Well, I'm back. You mentioned Nebby's impressive wins were against, Missouri, Kansas, OK & the loss to Texas.

Are you F'ing serious.

Two games mentioned above were played on the road with wins over Missouri & Kansas.

Missouri ended with a 4-4 conference record & a bad loss to Navy in the bowl game.

Kansas ended with a 1-7 conference record & obviously never sniffed a bowl game.

Nebby beat OK at home with a 10-3 score.

I would say your best games were againt Texas in the Big12 championship & your 33-0 win over Arizona in the bowl game. How come you didn't include this game?

Iowa beat AZ early in the season last year as well.

Contrast that with Iowa playing:

1) Penn St (road) - Penn St ranked #5 in nation
2) Mich St (road) - Believe they were ranked down in the 20's or knocking on the door
3) Wisky (road) - Ranked
4) Ohio St - Believe ranked #1 at the time.

Yeah, umm, I made a point to remind you that you were asking me what MY opinion was on the wins. I even bolded it and underlined it, didn't I? I don't care if you don't agree. It's MY opinion that you asked for. You didn't ask me for what your opinion was.

I think PSU was incredibly over ranked last year. As was MSU, as was Wisky. Even OSU was where they were based on reputation, not on acutal ability. Again, that is MY opinion.

So you have evidence that the media thinks Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year? Show me.....

And by evidence I sure hope you mean you have a link to a credible source saying that very thing.....

Your the one who initially stated "Nebraska would have demolished Iowa last year"

That is being a hippocrite. You are holding Iowa to a standard that you fail to hold yourself at. You started it with the above statement, not us.

Yeah, umm, I made a point to remind you that you were asking me what MY opinion was on the wins. I even bolded it and underlined it, didn't I? I don't care if you don't agree. It's MY opinion that you asked for. You didn't ask me for what your opinion was.

I think PSU was incredibly over ranked last year. As was MSU, as was Wisky. Even OSU was where they were based on reputation, not on acutal ability. Again, that is MY opinion.

We could say the same about Nebraska... being over ranked that is...

Just follow the links:

Final AP Top 25 College Football Rankings 2009-2010: 'Bama Takes #1; Where's Boise State?, Page 3 of 3 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Final BCS Rankings 2010: Standings Released Following National Championship

Who do you think makes up the AP and the compilation of the BCS polls... hhhmmmm... Can you say media? Hello? Anyone home? LOL

Still waiting for your supporting evidence... crickets are singing...

I didn't bother clicking on the links because I'm pretty sure they don't have anyone on there actually saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska. That is simply your assumption. And to assume that just because you're rated higher than someone means you automatically would have beaten them is ridiculous and completely not true at all.

I didn't bother clicking on the links because I'm pretty sure they don't have anyone on there actually saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska. That is simply your assumption. And to assume that just because you're rated higher than someone means you automatically would have beaten them is ridiculous and completely not true at all.

I did a simulation on NCAA 2009. Are you interested in the results?

Your the one who initially stated "Nebraska would have demolished Iowa last year"

That is being a hippocrite. You are holding Iowa to a standard that you fail to hold yourself at. You started it with the above statement, not us.

No, I stated that as my opinion. The other poster said that there is national media out there saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. I can quote my source. It's me. I'm still waiting for his source. it ain't out there.

No, I stated that as my opinion. The other poster said that there is national media out there saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. I can quote my source. It's me. I'm still waiting for his source. it ain't out there.

Your source is questionable at best. I'm going to need some sort of track record to validate it.

Come on guys, you know that road win over a top ten Penn St team was no where near as impressive as Nebraska's win over Kansas. And just look how many ranked teams Nebraska beat...oh wait.

It offers much more supporting evidence than you've offered... and has much more credibility than you've offered. Iowa's record against ranked opponents is even more telling... Am I biased? Of course! But at least I'm offering evidence that supports our claim... where's yours?

Still hearing the crickets on this front...

It offers much more supporting evidence than you've offered... and has much more credibility than you've offered. Iowa's record against ranked opponents is even more telling... Am I biased? Of course! But at least I'm offering evidence that supports our claim... where's yours?

Still hearing the crickets on this front...

With all those crickets you may want to call the terminex dude.......

there is no "evidence" that you speak of because the two didn't play and no media member actually verbalized that they thought Iowa would beat Nebraska last year. But don't let real life get in the way of the fantasy argument.

Latest posts