Explosive players..

Yea, I started to think I was prob debating with a teenage kid & wasting my time.

I get it. I understand. You guys would much rather have nobody on here who doesn't just think the hawks are the greatest team in the country. You don't like people who don't agree with you. Fine. But it doesn't make your arguments any less ridiculous to an outsider.

Why would I try to name one? I have yet to make that claim. That be no different then me asking you to name a media outlet that says your basketball team will make the post season any time soon.

Are you sure your not an Illinois fan? Way to deflect the subject when your getting your azz handed to you!

Are you sure your not an Illinois fan? Way to deflect the subject when your getting your azz handed to you!

Do you even read the posts you comment on? The poster was calling me out like I had said the national media was touting Nebraska as an NC contender.

Dude, really, try to read more than just the part that fits your argument.

I get it. I understand. You guys would much rather have nobody on here who doesn't just think the hawks are the greatest team in the country. You don't like people who don't agree with you. Fine. But it doesn't make your arguments any less ridiculous to an outsider.

Not everyone thinks like that fwiw. In fact most of us don't.

Not everyone thinks like that fwiw. In fact most of us don't.

I get that. And I know on lots of these posts I'm just talking smack. It's a message board and that is how I treat it. CF has plenty of DB posters, just like most Nebraska boards. It's not just one fan base.

No. I have had two legitimate requests from you to talk football comparing Nebby to Iowa which doesn't take time to look up info.

1) Outline Nebby's resume last year & point out the impressive wins in your eyes. You can go from memory.

2) Tell me where Nebby would have exploited Iowa's D last year. Can go from memory.

This is your chance to make relevant f-ball points to back-up the points you are trying to make.

For starters nobody has ever won a national chamionship in NCAA football. There is no such thing and never has been. Its just different polls that some people decided to listen to. Even the BCS is not affiliated with the NCAA. The NCAA has never had a national champion in football, there is just a bunch of poll champions and recently BCS Champs.

So...We were the poll Nation Champion in 1958 by the Football Writers of America. And before every nebraska fan runs their mouth that is a legit as any poll national championship they ever won.

So there I showed you the year we won a National Championship. And I fully expect some Nebraska fan to ramble off their poll National Championships but I don't give a ****. It isn't 1995 anymore. I live in Omaha and have to hear you drunk idiots blather on about blackshirts and blah blah blah all the time.

It isn't 1995, and thats all you have to fall back on because your program is second rate now. You are in the big ten so no more playing the weekly JV team from the Big 12 North.

I can't wait for after the first game we play and lay it on your "blackshirts" and rub it in and every NU comeback will be....."Uh...When was your last National Championship!"

Well Done Nebraska Fan , well done. Im sure if they ever invent a time machine you will the first ones in line.

Do you even read the posts you comment on? The poster was calling me out like I had said the national media was touting Nebraska as an NC contender.

Dude, really, try to read more than just the part that fits your argument.

Trust me, the other people on this board will understand the subliminal joke. Lucky for you, it's actually on Illinoy fan & not you. What you wrote just reminded my of Illinoy fan's, that's all.

No. I have had two legitimate requests from you to talk football comparing Nebby to Iowa which doesn't take time to look up info.

1) Outline Nebby's resume last year & point out the impressive wins in your eyes. You can go from memory.

2) Tell me where Nebby would have exploited Iowa's D last year. Can go from memory.

This is your chance to make relevant f-ball points to back-up the points you are trying to make.

Number 2 would be a total waste of time because you'll just disagree without pause--so I won't waste my time. Besides, it was last year and it wasn't a game that was even played.

Impressive wins last year? I was impressed with the win against Missouri. The win over Kansas. Oklahoma. And even the loss to TX in the B12 championship game. But remember--you asked me what wins I thought were impressive.

For starters nobody has ever won a national chamionship in NCAA football. There is no such thing and never has been. Its just different polls that some people decided to listen to. Even the BCS is not affiliated with the NCAA. The NCAA has never had a national champion in football, there is just a bunch of poll champions and recently BCS Champs.

So...We were the poll Nation Champion in 1958 by the Football Writers of America. And before every nebraska fan runs their mouth that is a legit as any poll national championship they ever won.

So there I showed you the year we won a National Championship. And I fully expect some Nebraska fan to ramble off their poll National Championships but I don't give a ****. It isn't 1995 anymore. I live in Omaha and have to hear you drunk idiots blather on about blackshirts and blah blah blah all the time.

It isn't 1995, and thats all you have to fall back on because your program is second rate now. You are in the big ten so no more playing the weekly JV team from the Big 12 North.

I can't wait for after the first game we play and lay it on your "blackshirts" and rub it in and every NU comeback will be....."Uh...When was your last National Championship!"

Well Done Nebraska Fan , well done. Im sure if they ever invent a time machine you will the first ones in line.

I stopped reading your post after the part that I put in bold and underlined......

Number 2 would be a total waste of time because you'll just disagree without pause--so I won't waste my time. Besides, it was last year and it wasn't a game that was even played.

Impressive wins last year? I was impressed with the win against Missouri. The win over Kansas. Oklahoma. And even the loss to TX in the B12 championship game. But remember--you asked me what wins I thought were impressive.

Thanks for making my point on both.

You won't even try on #1? C'mon. What would have been Nebby's gameplan against Iowa? It's not that hard if you actually know your team & what you are talking about.

I'll send an addendum (which means a later addition) to this post after I check where Nebby's solid wins were played at. I'll be back ......

Wow. A hawk fan referring to someone else as arrogant. Classic. You guys just HATE it when someone doesn't love your team, don't you? It's kinda sad, actually.

THH,

First off I don't disagree with you that some Iowa fans go overboard when some fan of another team or someone in the media doesn't give them the respect that they think they deserve. Does it get annoying? Sure but every team has those fans and I am sure that you can list plenty of Nebraska fans that feel the same way on whatever Nebraska board you post on.

A couple of other things:

-You are well aware that you are on an Iowa message board so people are going to have slanted views of the team they cheer for that goes with the territory, so either realize that or keep beating your head against the wall trying to prove a point that is impossible to prove (since both sides won't play each other for another year)

-I think it's pretty easy for people to look at one game during a season and try and use that result to prove their point why one team is better than another and so on, but that is nothing new and the biggest waste of time and I think really annoying when people use that argument.

- In saying that I think it's pretty easy to say that Iowa was a better team last year then they showed vs. UNI just as Nebraska was a much better team than they showed vs. Iowa State, those are facts and results later in the year prove that point.

On last thing, welcome to the board, it might be a good idea to try and get your point across without being a total *** and insulting every poster that usually works a lot better if you want people to take you seriously, just as I would expect Iowa fans to do the same when they go on other teams boards. Sure that isn't always going to happen but if you want to get an honest dialog going with fans of other teams that's usually your best bet. If that wasn't your intention on posting on this board then continue to flame.

Good luck this year and I look forward to next year when Nebraska joins the Big 10.

I stopped reading your post after the part that I put in bold and underlined......

Why did you stop reading? Are you unable to comprehend the words or something? "I stopped reading" is not an argument of any kind. You expect me to assume something from it and by leaving it vague you don't have to say anything intelligent.

Why did you stop reading? Are you unable to comprehend the words or something? "I stopped reading" is not an argument of any kind. You expect me to assume something from it and by leaving it vague you don't have to say anything intelligent.

Stopping reading is as much a a valid argument as is you saying that your "national championship" is as valid as NC Nebraska has earned. If you truly feel that way then there is no sense in you and I having a discussion.

Thanks for making my point on both.

You won't even try on #1? C'mon. What would have been Nebby's gameplan against Iowa? It's not that hard if you actually know your team & what you are talking about.

I'll send an addendum (which means a later addition) to this post after I check where Nebby's solid wins were played at. I'll be back ......

Nope, won't even try #1. 1st off, I'm not a coach on the team so I don't know what their gameplan would have been anymore than you would actually know what Iowa's would have been against us.

Nebraska would have destroyed Iowa. Period. Fact. End of story.

Huskers Non conference wins over Arkansas St., Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Lafayette, and a loss to Virginia Tech

Iowa wins over UNI, ISU, Arkansas St., and Arizona.

Comparing conference wins:
Beating Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St., Oklahoma, Baylor, and Missouri and Losing to Texas Tech and Iowa St. and Texas. Beat Arizona in bowl game. Finished season ranked #14 in the final BCS poll.
No wins over ranked teams, 0-3 VS ranked opponents (final BCS poll)

Iowa beating Penn St. Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St., Indiana, & Minnesota and Losing to Northwestern and Ohio St. Beat Georgia Tech in a BCS BOWL GAME.
Iowa goes 3-1 against teams in the final BCS bowl rankings, while playing all of those games on the road. Beating the #9 and #16 ranked teams, and #13 team in the Orange Bowl. Finished #7 in final BCS poll

Only a Husker could compare those two seasons, and think they had the better season.....Also last season proved that if you were good enough to be ranked in the final BCS poll that you would beat Nebraska (0-3). On the other hand Iowa had a 75% win rate against teams ranked in the final BCS poll.

As to when Nubby come into the league, I don't know how they will do. I can tell you this much, Hawk fans are as scared of Nubby as we were of Penn St. when they came into the league......:rolleyes: Ultimately that is what p!sses those two fan bases off, that we don't bow down to their superior football team.....

Last edited:
Why would I try to name one? I have yet to make that claim. That be no different then me asking you to name a media outlet that says your basketball team will make the post season any time soon.

Just offering evidence that others would disagree with your claims that Nebraska would have beaten Iowa last year... Even the media disagrees. Just offering evidence that supports our cause... Where's yours?

THH,

First off I don't disagree with you that some Iowa fans go overboard when some fan of another team or someone in the media doesn't give them the respect that they think they deserve. Does it get annoying? Sure but every team has those fans and I am sure that you can list plenty of Nebraska fans that feel the same way on whatever Nebraska board you post on. I already mentioned as much in an earlier post

A couple of other things:

-You are well aware that you are on an Iowa message board so people are going to have slanted views of the team they cheer for that goes with the territory, so either realize that or keep beating your head against the wall trying to prove a point that is impossible to prove (since both sides won't play each other for another year) i'm well aware, yes. I know I won't sway anyone's opinion. As I've said before, it's a message board and I'm just having fun on a message board. Do I agree with what I've said? Yes. But I know you guys won't. And that's okay. Football wouldn't be fun without people who are fans of another team.

-I think it's pretty easy for people to look at one game during a season and try and use that result to prove their point why one team is better than another and so on, but that is nothing new and the biggest waste of time and I think really annoying when people use that argument.

- In saying that I think it's pretty easy to say that Iowa was a better team last year then they showed vs. UNI just as Nebraska was a much better team than they showed vs. Iowa State, those are facts and results later in the year prove that point.

On last thing, welcome to the board, it might be a good idea to try and get your point across without being a total *** and insulting every poster that usually works a lot better if you want people to take you seriously, just as I would expect Iowa fans to do the same when they go on other teams boards. Sure that isn't always going to happen but if you want to get an honest dialog going with fans of other teams that's usually your best bet. If that wasn't your intention on posting on this board then continue to flame. I appreciate the welcome and understand what you're saying. But let's call a spade a spade. I'm not smack talking to anyone who isn't doing the very same thing. Being a total *** is a two way street. So are the insults. If you notice, most of the insults are started from the hawk side when I don't bow down to the hawk football team. And that's okay, it really doesn't hurt my feelings, I find the comments funny in so much as some people on here must really think they are getting to me with them.

Good luck this year and I look forward to next year when Nebraska joins the Big 10.
Good luck to you as well. I think it's going to be a great rivalry (albeit a lopsided one).

Just offering evidence that others would disagree with your claims that Nebraska would have beaten Iowa last year... Even the media disagrees. Just offering evidence that supports our cause... Where's yours?

So you have evidence that the media thinks Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year? Show me.....

And by evidence I sure hope you mean you have a link to a credible source saying that very thing.....

Huskers Non conference wins over Arkansas St., Florida Atlantic, Louisiana-Lafayette, and a loss to Virginia Tech

Iowa wins over UNI, ISU, Arkansas St., and Arizona.

Comparing conference wins:
Beating Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St., Oklahoma, Baylor, and Missouri and Losing to Texas Tech and Iowa St. and Texas. Beat Arizona in bowl game. Finished season ranked #14 in the final BCS poll.
No wins over ranked teams, 0-3 VS ranked opponents (final BCS poll)

Iowa beating Penn St. Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St., Indiana, & Minnesota and Losing to Northwestern and Ohio St. Beat Georgia Tech in a BCS BOWL GAME.
Iowa goes 3-1 against teams in the final BCS bowl rankings, while playing all of those games on the road. Beating the #9 and #16 ranked teams, and #13 team in the Orange Bowl. Finished #7 in final BCS poll

Only a Husker could compare those two seasons, and think they had the better season.....Also last season proved that if you were good enough to be ranked in the final BCS poll that you would beat Nebraska (0-3). On the other hand Iowa had a 75% win rate against teams ranked in the final BCS poll.

As to when Nubby come into the league, I don't know how they will do. I can tell you this much, Hawk fans are as scared of Nubby as we were of Penn St. when they came into the league......:rolleyes: Ultimately that is what p!sses those two fan bases off, that we don't bow down to their superior football team.....

You're right about the "superior football team" part. But sorry, nothing an Iowa fan does pisses me off. I don't want you guys to think we're better. I love that you think you can beat us and are better than us.

Latest posts