Explosive players..

With all those crickets you may want to call the terminex dude.......

there is no "evidence" that you speak of because the two didn't play and no media member actually verbalized that they thought Iowa would beat Nebraska last year. But don't let real life get in the way of the fantasy argument.

How about common opponents? Record against ranked opponents? Conference Strength, did the B12 have one good out of conference win all year?

With all those crickets you may want to call the terminex dude.......

there is no "evidence" that you speak of because the two didn't play and no media member actually verbalized that they thought Iowa would beat Nebraska last year. But don't let real life get in the way of the fantasy argument.

Nawwww... why would I do that? Crickets make great fish bait... and you're the one getting yanked. LOL

That fantasy arguement got us into the BCS game against a higher ranked opponent than who Nebraska faced...

edit: who we also beat...

Good luck to you as well. I think it's going to be a great rivalry (albeit a lopsided one).

Agreed, It's good to hear that you realize already that Iowa will be beating Nebby on a yearly basis. :D

As far as your other points, I see your side of things but slinging insults back at Iowa fans just make it harder to take you seriously and tougher for guys that enjoy other college football fans' views here from people that don't have on their black and gold colored glasses.

And people please quit with the game by game comparison, it really is a waste of time and doesn't prove a damn thing either way.

Yeah, umm, I made a point to remind you that you were asking me what MY opinion was on the wins. I even bolded it and underlined it, didn't I? I don't care if you don't agree. It's MY opinion that you asked for. You didn't ask me for what your opinion was.

I think PSU was incredibly over ranked last year. As was MSU, as was Wisky. Even OSU was where they were based on reputation, not on acutal ability. Again, that is MY opinion.

Give it up, dude. Quit embarrasing yourself. Now, everyone Iowa has played or everyone in the Big 10 is overrated. What!!?

Again facts:

Here's how the season ended for the Big12 with the teams you mentioned.

OK - Ended season with bowl win - Non-ranked
Missouri - Ended season with bowl loss - Non-ranked
Kansas - Sucked & nuff said
Texas - Ended season with bowl loss - Ranked #2

Big 12 with no BCS bowl victories

Big 10

Penn St - Ended season with win over LSU in bowl game - Ranked #9
Wisky - Ended season with win over Miami in bowl game - Ranked #16
Mich St - Didn't play bowl game - Non-ranked
Ohio St - Beat oregon in Rose Bowl - Ranked #5

Including Iowa's victory in Orange Bowl, Big10 finished 2-0 in BCS bowls.

Seriously, if anybody is overrated, wouldn't it be Nebraska. Get serious.

What is your point, anyway? Keep it coming, it is kind of fun. I don't see any Nebby fans backing you up which tells me a lot.

This THH guy is making me bust a gut laughing.. Reminds me an awful lot of that Poz joker that was over here last year running his mouth about the bloodbath it was going to be when Iowa played @PSU. Book it!!! Then what happens? The Hawks go into Happy Valley and win by double digits. His only argument was that PSU had won national titles, and they had won a BCS game more recently than we had. Just like some Husker fans - living in the past, and still think we don't belong on the same field as them.

FACT: Nebby hasn't been relevant in a decade.

Nebby will also get its chance to provide that it obviously is better than Iowa and would destroy us. Just hope THH is ready to come back out here and admit he's wrong in a couple years.

No, I stated that as my opinion. The other poster said that there is national media out there saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. I can quote my source. It's me. I'm still waiting for his source. it ain't out there.

They are ALL opinions, you Jackazz!! All media & fans. What do you think they are? I'm done.

I didn't bother clicking on the links because I'm pretty sure they don't have anyone on there actually saying Iowa would have beaten Nebraska. That is simply your assumption. And to assume that just because you're rated higher than someone means you automatically would have beaten them is ridiculous and completely not true at all.
Did THH say to provide him with proof via links to creditable sources? Yet now he refuses to open links and assumes stuff before he even reads for himself. Last I checked the Associated Press/Huffington Post is creditable and Yahoo can be as well depending on the news you are going after.

I think it is pretty clear what THH is trying to do. Please ignore him and he will go away.

They are ALL opinions, you Jackazz!! All media & fans. What do you think they are? I'm done.

Again, what was said was that the national media said Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That ain't opinion--in so much as somebody actually saying it. And that is what I was asking--who said it? Show me. But nobody said it. It was a lie by the poster. Opinion I can deal with. Just fine. But a lie is a lie.

Did THH say to provide him with proof via links to creditable sources? Yet now he refuses to open links and assumes stuff before he even reads for himself. Last I checked the Associated Press/Huffington Post is creditable and Yahoo can be as well depending on the news you are going after.

I think it is pretty clear what THH is trying to do. Please ignore him and he will go away.

Actually I won't go away. Sorry. I like message boards.

And pretty sure none of those links contained a national media member specifically saying that Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That was my whole point. Don't make an argument if it ain't true. You can argue opinion til' the cows come home. But you can't argue with a lie.

And for what it's worth--I opened them. They're just polls. I'm right.

This THH guy is making me bust a gut laughing.. Reminds me an awful lot of that Poz joker that was over here last year running his mouth about the bloodbath it was going to be when Iowa played @PSU. Book it!!! Then what happens? The Hawks go into Happy Valley and win by double digits. His only argument was that PSU had won national titles, and they had won a BCS game more recently than we had. Just like some Husker fans - living in the past, and still think we don't belong on the same field as them.

FACT: Nebby hasn't been relevant in a decade.

Nebby will also get its chance to provide that it obviously is better than Iowa and would destroy us. Just hope THH is ready to come back out here and admit he's wrong in a couple years.

Yeah but this is the only time Nebraska has to talk trash to B10 fans. They realize they will never be as good as they were in the 90's ever again and probably won't ever win another title, but they are pretty good right now. And will probably have a good season this year in a weaker conference and they can run their mouths all they want because they don't have to play a B10 team. Next year they'll find out how tough the league is and get a dose of reality. So they might as well talk now.

Yes, that's the way he obviously rolls. I & others have backed up every point we initially made & then he keeps trying to deflect it or on the b-ball team or everyone is overrated etc. etc. etc. The little credibility he may have had has been shot down.

I know see his tail starting to go between his legs back to Nebbyland.

IGNORE THH! HE IS AN IDIOT AND JUST TRYING TO START ****. HE WILL GO AWAY IF WE IGNORE HIM OR IN THE VERY LEAST WE WILL GET A LAUGH AT HIM WRITING TO HIMSELF.

Stopping reading is as much a a valid argument as is you saying that your "national championship" is as valid as NC Nebraska has earned. If you truly feel that way then there is no sense in you and I having a discussion.

So the bunch of writers that wrote on a piece of paper that neb was the best team were better then the bunch of writers that said Iowa was the best team?

Again, what was said was that the national media said Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That ain't opinion--in so much as somebody actually saying it. And that is what I was asking--who said it? Show me. But nobody said it. It was a lie by the poster. Opinion I can deal with. Just fine. But a lie is a lie.

You are dense. If the game has not been played, than it is an opinion. Why do you need things like this spelled out for you?

Latest posts