Explosive players..

How was TX "vastly overrated"????

Sorry, but even with your mythical win over Northwestern and tOSU, you still almost had a disaster against UNI. Nobody who has to do what Iowa did to beat UNI belongs in a championship game. Period.

Seems like you enjoy stirring the pot on here. Probably not much else going on in Nebraska so why not talk some smack huh???

Seems like you enjoy stirring the pot on here. Probably not much else going on in Nebraska so why not talk some smack huh???

You call it stirring the pot. I call it a reality check.

Better get used to it. When we officially come into your conference and start playing games you can automatically put a mark in your yearly loss column and expect more husker posters showing up here. Don't like it? Don't log on. It's a message board, dude.

You call it stirring the pot. I call it a reality check.

Better get used to it. When we officially come into your conference and start playing games you can automatically put a mark in your yearly loss column and expect more husker posters showing up here. Don't like it? Don't log on. It's a message board, dude.
What a ******! I can't wait for the Hawks to give the Huskers a reality check! Lets pull them out of the 80's and 90's and bring them to present day.

I think of DJK as more of an Ed Hinkel type. Ed had a knack (or at least it seemed that way) make a lot of big catches when the team needed pick up a big first down or get out of a hole, and DJK seems to be in that same mold.

I always thought of DJK as a "slot type" possession receiver. He doesn't have the height of McNutt of similar recievers & doesn't have overwhelming speed, per say. But, I do think he does a decent job of finding holes & sitting down in them to receive a pass. He seems to have quickness to enable him to be elusive to find holes. I don't think he likes contact too much & does work to avoid it. He's not so much a punishing type of receiver.

He can break away downfield at times, but I don't think it is so much his overall downfield speed. I think it is more his quickness to cause the d-backs to break coverage then he finds an open downfield.

The best attributes DJK can have are his quickness, elusiveness & running good routes. These are what will make him succeed. Just my thoughts.

What a ******! I can't wait for the Hawks to give the Huskers a reality check! Lets pull them out of the 80's and 90's and bring them to present day.

You mean present day where we are an obviously better team than the hawks? Fine by me. Game on.

How was TX "vastly overrated"????

Sorry, but even with your mythical win over Northwestern and tOSU, you still almost had a disaster against UNI. Nobody who has to do what Iowa did to beat UNI belongs in a championship game. Period.

It was not a whole lot different than Alabama barely escaping the win from Arkansas...

Ya its a "Hawkeye" message board, and when people like you show up it's pretty unfortunate. It's unfortunate b/c you add nothing positive or relative to the conversations that "we" enjoy talking about when it comes to Hawkeye sports. It's unfortunate for you and now the rest of the Big 10 conference that 95% of you Husker fans are as arrogant and blinded as you are. As for that "reality" check you're referring to, well, you "hsukre" fans will have plenty of "reality" checks come next fall!! In the mean time since Nebraska obviously has nothing else for you to do other than talk ****, carry on I guess and build it up a little more, so that victory is ever more sweet next fall!

Cowherd is as much a sports journalist as Fox News can be considered a news channel. I take nothing he says at face value beyond trying to generate a reaction from listeners.

Ya its a "Hawkeye" message board, and when people like you show up it's pretty unfortunate. It's unfortunate b/c you add nothing positive or relative to the conversations that "we" enjoy talking about when it comes to Hawkeye sports. It's unfortunate for you and now the rest of the Big 10 conference that 95% of you Husker fans are as arrogant and blinded as you are. As for that "reality" check you're referring to, well, you "hsukre" fans will have plenty of "reality" checks come next fall!! In the mean time since Nebraska obviously has nothing else for you to do other than talk ****, carry on I guess and build it up a little more, so that victory is ever more sweet next fall!

Wow. A hawk fan referring to someone else as arrogant. Classic. You guys just HATE it when someone doesn't love your team, don't you? It's kinda sad, actually.

Apparently CC didn't watch any games of the Hawks last year. Iowa returns DJK who was second in the big ten in kick off return average (31.5) and McNutt who had touchdowns of 74 and 92 yards. They aren't explosive?

You guys just HATE it when someone doesn't love your team, don't you? It's kinda sad, actually.

This could not be more true. Last year anytime someone said on radio, internet, or TV that Iowa was overrated, it turned into ___ ____ hates Iowa. It's ridiculous.

Colin Cowherd doesn't think Iowa has enough explosive players to get to a National Championship game...

What does everyone think?

I think Iowa will open up some eyes this season on O-fense. They have more talent coming back this season then at least 2002 and maybe before. I think the hopes of playing in the NC game hinge on Stanzi and his ability to cut down on interceptions.

I think he can pull this off. I you remember, he had a major problem with fumbling in 2008 and he fixed that over an off season.

I'm no Cowherd fan, but his comments should be looked at in perspective. This was a bit on "who will get to the National Championship" game. He had IOWA among the Top 5 they were looking at...Texas, VaTech, tOSU, Iowa and Bama. That's hardly an insult. (He picked tOSU and a surprise Boise St)

And though some of it is a tired cliche' (big ten teams are plodding and unexciting) he does make a point. With a more dynamic attack, we beat tOSU last year and some of those other games aren't so close. We've discussed this ad-nauseum, but KFz's teams often lack that killer "spark"

I do think that "bang bang" offensive kill is exactly what we need to jump to that Championship level. If we don't see it this year with a Sr QB and the likes of DJK, McNutt and Davis at WR...will we ever?

Last edited:
You mean present day where we are an obviously better team than the hawks? Fine by me. Game on.

Nebraska would not have beat Iowa last year. Welcome to a league that plays defense by more than two teams.

I like how every argument from other fans always goes back to the UNI game which was the first game of the season.

But, then fail to recognize that Iowa beat Penn St (night game & nationally televised), Wisconsin, & Mich St all on the road. Then go to Ohio St (another nationally televised game for Big10 championship) & play into overtime with them with a back-up freshman QB making his first start.

Iowa had the toughest rated schedule by far over any of the teams rated above them by the computers.

JERK!!

Oh, just another side note, Iowa beat the Big12 opponent Iowa St, who Nebraska couldn't seem to handle at HOME.

Nebraska, you are not back yet, so just don't act like you are already. Stay in check. Succeeding in the Big10 is not going to be as easy as you think. I think the coaches realize this, I just don't think the fans do.

Oh, let's add in the Orange Bowl win over G Tech with Iowa stopping that daunting triple-option elusive ground attack.

Last edited:
Nebraska would not have beat Iowa last year. Welcome to a league that plays defense by more than two teams.

I like how every argument from other fans always goes back to the UNI game which was the first game of the season.

But, then fail to recognize that Iowa beat Penn St (night game & nationally televised), Wisconsin, & Mich St all on the road. Then go to Ohio St (another nationally televised game for Big10 championship) & play into overtime with them with a back-up freshman QB making his first start.

Iowa had the toughest rated schedule by far over any of the teams rated against them rated by the computers.

JERK!!

Oh, just another side note, Iowa beat the Big12 opponent Iowa St, who Nebraska couldn't seem to handle at HOME.

Nebraska, you are not back yet, so just don't act like you are already. Stay in check. Succeeding in the Big10 is not going to be as easy as you think. I think the coaches realize this, I just don't think the fans do.

+1 Just ask PSU about that...

Iowa had the toughest rated schedule by far over any of the teams rated above them by the computers.

JERK!!

Nebraska would have destroyed Iowa. Period. Fact. End of story.

and fyi--that jerk comment really hurt my feelings. you're mean.

I'm no Cowherd fan, but his comments should be looked at in perspective. This was a bit on "who will get to the National Championship" game. He had IOWA among the Top 5 they were looking at...Texas, VaTech, tOSU, Iowa and Bama. That ain't bad company. (He picked tOSU and a surprise Boise St)

And though some of it is a tired cliche' (big ten teams are plodding and unexciting) he does make a point. With a more dynamic attack, we beat tOSU last year and some of those other games aren't so close. We've discussed this ad-nauseum, but KFz's teams often lack that killer "spark"

I do think that "bang bang" offensive kill is exactly what we need to jump to that Championship level. If we don't see it this year with a Sr QB and the likes of DJK, McNutt and Davis at WR...will we ever?

Plus, the reality is... our OL is an unproven commodity at this point in time. Have confidence they'll do well, but they just haven't proven they are NC caliber. Yet... :)

Apparently CC didn't watch any games of the Hawks last year. Iowa returns DJK who was second in the big ten in kick off return average (31.5) and McNutt who had touchdowns of 74 and 92 yards. They aren't explosive?

If kickoff return average and two pass plays are our definition of "explosive offense", you just made his point for him.

Yep... Can't handle the truth?

I can handle truth. Let me know when it comes out. Because comparing UNI to Arkansas is just stoopid. Period. And any normal person would recognize that. But then again, I'm on hawk message board, so I can see why you'd compare the razorbacks to the panthers and think they're on equal footing.

Latest posts