Draft Royce or Barnes?

Barnes. He will extend his range to the arc,and can play the 2 or 3. He reminds me of Sean Elliot out of Arizona. Guys that can always get their jump shots off are always valuable, which is why 6'8'' is great size for a 2/3. Barnes is only 19, White is two years older. In two year Barnes will be more developed. He wants it,and he has discipline...and he will not get in trouble. White? Never know.

I see Calbert Cheaney more so than I do Sean Elliot.

What makes Royce so hard to project is that his game is different than anyone else's in the NBA. Barnes is the same as numerous NBA players. I still dont know the right answer.

White will be a solid pro.

Barnes is a one-dimensional guy who, as it turns out, is not even the most accomplished college player from his own high school graduating class.

I'm not even sure why this is a question.

Barnes hasn't developed much in two years. His performance in the NCAA tourney shows that while he's capable of occasional flashes of great play, he is not assertive enough, stands around way too much, can't create his own shot, and doesn't play well under pressure.

Royce White is twice the player Barnes is.

Barnes, and I don't even see this as debatable. Royce now has to go up against players bigger, stronger, faster. He passes very well and that's the one thing I see him do that I would consider elite at his size. Barnes, on the other hand, well, the NBA is ideal for his skillset. I think he will blossom into an eventual all-star. Good range, good penetrator. He's got a complete game. I thought he should go pro after last season. The game that stands out to me is the elite 8 game last season. Barnes runs off 9 straight points to bring Carolina back single-handedly. Then 3 straight possessions where he doesn't touch the ball. That's called Roy Williams fail. Roy is just below the greats. He's a great salesmen, but he cannot get the most out of his talent. This season, every time I tuned in, they looked like a discombobulated team. At times, flashes of outstanding play but zero consistency and players, like Barnes, looking confused as to what the gameplan or play was supposed to be.
Barnes will be fine at the next level. Royce however, will be up against the bangers of the NBA and I don't think that bodes well for him. Ask Marcus Fizer how that worked out. I thought Fizer had a better inside game than Royce too.

This. Barnes has a very unique skill set that doesn't come along very often.

I loved watching Royce. One of my favorite college players. Can't help myself. Both will be productive in the NBA. Entirely different skill sets. I can also see both playing in an All Star game down the road.....

Royce just might be better that Barkley when all is said and done.....

Harrison reminds me of the Silent Assassin who used to play for UCLA and the Lakers.....

Deadly three from the wings at crunch time. Automatic score.....

:)

This. Barnes has a very unique skill set that doesn't come along very often.

Mid range jump shooters? Dudes not even a 3 point shooter.

Taking low percentage two point shots may be unique but there a reason for that.

Take away the hype from highschool and no one even knows who Harrison Barnes is. His college career was completely nondescript.

White will be a solid pro.

Barnes is a one-dimensional guy who, as it turns out, is not even the most accomplished college player from his own high school graduating class.

I'm not even sure why this is a question.

Barnes hasn't developed much in two years. His performance in the NCAA tourney shows that while he's capable of occasional flashes of great play, he is not assertive enough, stands around way too much, can't create his own shot, and doesn't play well under pressure.

Royce White is twice the player Barnes is.

That shows how clueless you are about the sport of BB. Seriously anybody who would draft White over Barnes is flat out stupid. Saying white is twice the player Barnes is shows you are either a Clone fan or just not smart about the game of BB.

That shows how clueless you are about the sport of BB. Seriously anybody who would draft White over Barnes is flat out stupid. Saying white is twice the player Barnes is shows you are either a Clone fan or just not smart about the game of BB.

Brilliant argument. Way to back up your opinion with insults rather than points.

I'm not a Clone fan at all.

For the reasons I stated in my post, I thinks Barnes was vastly overrated coming out of high school, failed to develop much at UNC, and will not be a top level NBA player.

Time will prove who's right.

Barnes is seen as a better draft prospect than White in most NBA scout's mind. This is proven by the fact he was picked eighth. I will trust NBA scouts more than message board opinions. With that said, I think both can be successful in the right situation. Golden State isn't exactly a place where players have shined over the past decade. It will be interesting to see if Barnes can make a name for himself with a no name franchise

I hear the Rockets were making a run for D Howard. I wonder if they failed?
I would much rather go to Houston than Golden State.

I hear the Rockets were making a run for D Howard. I wonder if they failed? I would much rather go to Houston than Golden State.

i think he will be used as trade bait for pau gasol with others. him with kobe probably a good tandem.

I hear the Rockets were making a run for D Howard. I wonder if they failed?
I would much rather go to Houston than Golden State.
Matt Bullard on twitter mentioned McHale/Hoiberg relationship from T-Wolves days in regards to Royce. Houston may be drafting players for Orlando as well. Or the Lakers.

Matt Bullard on twitter mentioned McHale/Hoiberg relationship from T-Wolves days in regards to Royce. Houston may be drafting players for Orlando as well. Or the Lakers.

The Rockets just took T Jones from Kentucky. I think they've had a pretty good draft so far. If they could keep one of those two guys and trade for Howard they would have a strong front line.

The Rockets just took T Jones from Kentucky. I think they've had a pretty good draft so far. If they could keep one of those two guys and trade for Howard they would have a strong front line.
Agreed. Strong picks tonight for Houston.

Celtics just got a steal with Sullinger. He was a lottery lock until the injury issue came up, but I really don't see that being much of a factor down the road. He should have a solid career in Boston or wherever he ends up.

Latest posts