Draft Royce or Barnes?

I don't get the comparisons of White with Fizer all of the time. Because they are lighter skin and are ripped? Completely different skillsets and different games. Royce has a lot more of the street in him than Fizer does which will translate well to the NBA.

Barnes will go higher, but White COULD be better. Its all about situation in the NBA.

DId you ever watch both of them play? If so I'm not quite sure how you wouldn't compare them especially considering they played for the same school and are about the same physical size. My comparrision has nothing to do with skin color. Fizer struggled in the NBA because he no longer was more physical at his position than the competition and struggled with outside shot consistancy (which is the same problem White will have). Come back in 3 years when White has either made it or becomes the next Marcus Fizer. To be continued.....

I don't get the comparisons of White with Fizer all of the time. Because they are lighter skin and are ripped? Completely different skillsets and different games. Royce has a lot more of the street in him than Fizer does which will translate well to the NBA.

Barnes will go higher, but White COULD be better. Its all about situation in the NBA.

LOL what the **** does that mean? Yes, AND1 type players have a great transition rate to the NBA LOL.

I know we live in a culture where the whatever is happening NOW is the best thing of all time, but Fizer was an absolute beast in college and for as good as Royce has been he has not approached the level that Fizer was on. Fizer was the best player in the nation from midway through his junior year on, Royce has shown very brief flashes. Fizer scored 28,28,23,15,30,35,29,35,34,38 in a 10 game stretch his junior year. There's a reason he was a 1st team All-American.

LOL what the **** does that mean? Yes, AND1 type players have a great transition rate to the NBA LOL.

I know we live in a culture where the whatever is happening NOW is the best thing of all time, but Fizer was an absolute beast in college and for as good as Royce has been he has not approached the level that Fizer was on. Fizer was the best player in the nation from midway through his junior year on, Royce has shown very brief flashes. Fizer scored 28,28,23,15,30,35,29,35,34,38 in a 10 game stretch his junior year. There's a reason he was a 1st team All-American.

Yet then you go on to extoll the virtues of a more conventional All-American player in Marcus Fizer that flopped massively for a lottery pick. So if And1 players aren't making it and All Americans aren't making it who is?

When I say he has more of the street in him, I'm talking about his ability to handle and take people off of the dribble and knows that the value of a no-look pass is worth just as much as a dunk. That's what it means.

Marcus Fizer was bred to be a conventional player, he might as well of gone to Duke and could never adapt to the creativity of the NBA.

Last edited:
Wow, you really don't know what a tweener is?

Tweener (basketball) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That explains your lack of basketball knowledge.

The fact that you get your basketball knowledge from Wikipedia is the messed up thing, especially an article that notes example of tweeners as:

Jermaine O'Neal, Emeka Okafor, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, and Chris Bosh.

OH then reading further Kobe Bryant is a tweener. If all of these players are tweeners then who isn't a "tweener"?

If these are tweeners then I would say give me all of the tweeners that you can find please.

Last edited:
Jump shot - Barnes
FT shooter - Barnes
Scorer - Barnes? Possibly a push...VERY different
Post offense - White
Handle - White
Passer - White
1:1 - White
Rebounder - White
Defender - White (both lack here, though)

White makes others around him better. Barnes needs a facilitator to be effective.

I'd probably take Barnes for a couple of reasons. First I feel he could do what Royce does, but was never asked to do it at Carolina. Secondly I feel he has a mental edge on Royce as far as maturity and basketball saavy.

DId you ever watch both of them play? If so I'm not quite sure how you wouldn't compare them especially considering they played for the same school and are about the same physical size. My comparrision has nothing to do with skin color. Fizer struggled in the NBA because he no longer was more physical at his position than the competition and struggled with outside shot consistancy (which is the same problem White will have). Come back in 3 years when White has either made it or becomes the next Marcus Fizer. To be continued.....

Fizer and White skill sets aren't similar at all.

Barnes has more upside. A 6'8" wing, who can shoot the 3 over his defender is valuable. RW will never develop an "average" mid-range jumper, IMO. Just because his hands are so large. It's like the average human shooting a volleyball. Sounds ridiculous, but I believe it.

RW is a tough matchup, even in the NBA, but he is not going to beat his defender off the dribble as much and then dunk over a 7' stud.

I look at Barnes and see very little upside other than maybe expanding his range on his jump shot.

I know you've all been waiting for my response on this matter and I am sorry to keep you waiting. The correct answer is Royce White.

I'd probably take Barnes for a couple of reasons. First I feel he could do what Royce does, but was never asked to do it at Carolina. Secondly I feel he has a mental edge on Royce as far as maturity and basketball saavy.

I think allot of people feel this way, despite the evidence to the contrary. And it seems to me its still based off of his hype from highshool.

Every one just assumes that since Barnes looks the part he is all of a sudden going to become the player he looks like he should be. Thats apperently what got him ranked so high.

I watched him once in highschool and wondered why he never took it to the hole and only shot jump shots. I just figured he was bored and didnt want to embarase people or something.

Then after watching him in college it became clear, he can't do it. He has no driving ability.

Jump shooters don't make big time NBA players.

I wonder how different the responses in this thread would be if Royce White had struggled with injuries the whole season and Barnes had been healthy all year.

Barnes

If you do not get anything else out of Barnes at least you are getting a spot up shooter. As for White I am still trying to figure out how his game translates to the NBA he reminds a little bit of Anthony Mason, but the NBA game has changed a lot since then.

BarnesIf you do not get anything else out of Barnes at least you are getting a spot up shooter. As for White I am still trying to figure out how his game translates to the NBA he reminds a little bit of Anthony Mason, but the NBA game has changed a lot since then.

That's a fantastic comparison.

White by far, he presents matchup problems at the NBA level, there are plenty of Harrison clones, in the D league.

Latest posts