Cordell Pemsl Arrested

He was born in Spain, played high school at DeLaSalle in Minnesota. I primarily remember him because his team played in the state championship in 1997 vs. a team from my conference (Caledonia, MN). Caledonia won, and their best player (Aaron Middendorf, went on to play at UNI) scored 47. I think Ramos I had 4 points. At that point, it seemed like the odds of him being successful at Iowa were pretty slim.
There you go. When Minnesota ignores a local post player that should send a little bit of a message.

Im sorry, I just can’t agree with you on that. The guy has had injury issues since high school. What was once a promising future has been derailed off the tracks. Can you imagine that happening to you? On top of that, all he has to do is open any social media app and see people making derogatory comments about you. Then his minutes has been few and far between while still trying his best to be revenant again. All the while, he is trying to keep a positive attitude. Give the kid a break. He still has one more season to try and be a big contributor to this team. FWIW, when it comes down to a battle, I would want Cordell in my corner. I hope he comes back next year and make all his critics eat their words. The kid has more guts than many posters on this site.

this is such a victim response. I like Cordell but he is wasting his own talent. Nobody needs to feel sorry for him.

He was born in Spain, played high school at DeLaSalle in Minnesota. I primarily remember him because his team played in the state championship in 1997 vs. a team from my conference (Caledonia, MN). Caledonia won, and their best player (Aaron Middendorf, went on to play at UNI) scored 47. I think Ramos I had 4 points. At that point, it seemed like the odds of him being successful at Iowa were pretty slim.

DeLaSalle played Caledonia? Isn't that quite a discrepancy in size of schools?

DeLaSalle played Caledonia? Isn't that quite a discrepancy in size of schools?

When I was in high school, there were only 2 classes in basketball. For a short period of time after I graduated, the stated went to a one-class system (think Hoosiers). I think that only lasted a couple years, and since then they have had 4 classes. With the current system, Caledonia is AA, and DeLaSalle is AAAA.

Do you think he really had a cracked taillight?

Actual photograph of Cordell's tail lights the night of the incident

bt62-33-rect980-jpg-middle-1553840599.jpg

:cool:

It's worse than some speeding tickets and less bad than others.
Yes. Exactly. In the big scheme of things it’s minor.

Hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens drive without a license or insurance. I know. Twice.

Hated to see this happen, but honestly I won’t miss having to hold my breath every time he touches the ball.
Hope this latest dose of reality results in him growing up.
At some point he’s gotta realize that poor decisions have consequences in life.

Why the F is this even a thing? It’s a one game suspension for a guy who plays 12 minutes and scores less than a three pointer per game. Pemsl playing or not means absolutely dick to this team. Whether you like him or not he kid’s a statistical fart in the wind.

12 minutes.

20 conference games x 40 minutes x 5 players = 4,000 minutes.

Those 12 minutes (in which he doesn’t do shit anyway) is 0.3% of the season. Jesus Christ, people...

Last edited:
I’ve said all along I thought this would be Pemsl’s last year here. If Nunge hadn’t gotten hurt you have to wonder if Pemsl would have gotten any minutes this year.

Next year you bring back Nunge, Connor seems likely to stay at the 4 spot (in some capacity). Patrick returns after a redshirt year. Bring in the two Murray’s at 6’8 and Ogundele at 6’10.

Assuming he’s back with the team in good standing I don’t think it’d be shocking to see Pemsl go through the senior day routine with Kriener. You feel for the kid because he’s been through a lot health wise, but he could end with a degree from Iowa and go grad transfer to a new situation for more minutes and start working on a second degree. Not the worst thing that’s ever happened.
Yeah, I get that feeling to, maybe UNI or ISU. It's a shame, he had a great upside, b4 all the injuries.

Nothing against his work ethic or ability. The after effects of cancer are kicking his ass though. Without a thyroid, it's nearly impossible to put on weight. I don't know what magic will occur before next year that allows him to put some muscle on.
It's a shame, but I don't think he'll ever play D1 bb again. Just my opinion and although I've never been wrong before, it could happen in this case.;)

You're wrong, you are far too modest!

Whats that mean??
If you think, you decide not to drive with a suspended license.

If you think, you don't drive drunk, you get a ride.

If you think, you don't drive a pickup with a trailer 80 mph when the road is snow-covered, even if you have 4WD.

xmillion

Deliberate thinking is free, valuable, and underrated.

Why the F is this even a thing? It’s a one game suspension for a guy who plays 12 minutes and scores less than a three pointer per game. Pemsl playing or not means absolutely dick to this team. Whether you like him or not he kid’s a statistical fart in the wind.

12 minutes.

20 conference games x 40 minutes x 5 players = 4,000 minutes.

Those 12 minutes (in which he doesn’t do shit anyway) is 0.3% of the season. Jesus Christ, people...

You feel better after that rant? lol

He's depth, that's all.

Latest posts