Cordell Pemsl Arrested

His minutes charted out does nothing for me, my point remains. With Pemsl out that means more minutes for Till. Those of you that think Till is just as good, some are even suggesting better, are crazy. Till gets eaten alive by Big Ten power forwards.
If Till was better he would have Pemsl’s minutes and vice versa.

If Till was better he would have Pemsl’s minutes and vice versa.
There have been plenty of instances where Fran played the wrong guy or played guys probably more than they should. That’s coaching, not everyone is perfect.

It’s not so much who is better or worse but what they provide. To me Till is more athletic and should be able to move his feet and defend the corner in our zone much better than Pemsl. He also appears to be better at blocking or altering shots. Pemsl is a much better passer and probably a better rebounder. What that means overall is the question.

It’s an advanced basketball statistic which basically shows how well your team did defensively when you were on the floor. Sir Nicolas Baer led the Hawkeyes in this category last year.

Advanced defensive stats can be a little flawed to begin with, and Till’s sample size is small, so should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. Just posted it for reference.

DBPM -- Defensive Box Plus/Minus
A box score estimate of the defensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team.

Interesting. It would be interesting to delve into some of those advanced stats.

But was he not able to make it farther, or was he just struggling a little bit so Fran thought it's best to shut him down now to salvage an entire year of eligibility? When the decision was made, we had a deep roster. Maybe by the time Fran wished he had Patrick available, they decided it was unfair to start him back up so late, making him miss a decent portion of the season. It was only a handful of games between him shitting it down and Nunge getting hurt, but it is an important time if year to establish yourself before conference play starts.

Yea, you're kind of supporting my point. I don't think it was all based on stamina as you point out. I think there were other factors that went into the decision, and to your point, I think they thought they had depth at that point.

Not the smartest move to still be driving around with a cracked taillight cover five months after the OWI.

No shit, I mean if you are going to drive around drunk, get that shit fixed!!

I realize Cordell wasn't intoxicated this instance, but I'm just giving advice to all the other young uns!!

Do you think he really had a cracked taillight?
Who knows for sure, but it was mentioned in both of Rob's posts regarding Cordell's two incidents.

Thank God he wasn't intoxicated again or he would in all likelihood be gone. Not to mention endangering other motorists.

Antonio Ramos, a 7"2 post player who few ever remember having played for the Hawkeyes, ended up at Dubuque's Clarke College.

I once produced a cable TV commercial for Clarke where the spot ended by Ramos putting the star on a Christmas tree-without a ladder.

I remember him, or his name at least! Funny.

Do you remember where he was originally from or played HS ball? Was he an Iowa kid?

Little Village had a good article about the last bastion of exotic dancehood in the area. The city screwed them over basically.

https://littlevillagemag.com/your-village-whatever-happened-to-the-areas-last-strip-club/

Now you have to go to the airport exit and visit Woody's.

Thanks for the article. Interesting! Luckily, I literally live only 15 min from the airport and Woody's. But, I have my wifey and two boys now so that ain't happening!! That ship has sailed. Been done getting ripped off by strippers for years now!

I remember him, or his name at least! Funny.

Do you remember where he was originally from or played HS ball? Was he an Iowa kid?

He was born in Spain, played high school at DeLaSalle in Minnesota. I primarily remember him because his team played in the state championship in 1997 vs. a team from my conference (Caledonia, MN). Caledonia won, and their best player (Aaron Middendorf, went on to play at UNI) scored 47. I think Ramos I had 4 points. At that point, it seemed like the odds of him being successful at Iowa were pretty slim.

There have been plenty of instances where Fran played the wrong guy or played guys probably more than they should. That’s coaching, not everyone is perfect.

It’s not so much who is better or worse but what they provide. To me Till is more athletic and should be able to move his feet and defend the corner in our zone much better than Pemsl. He also appears to be better at blocking or altering shots. Pemsl is a much better passer and probably a better rebounder. What that means overall is the question.
I guess we will all find out soon enough.