Cordell Pemsl Arrested

It's worse than some speeding tickets and less bad than others.

Yea but I'm sure there are ramifications of getting this while it is provoked or while he is on probation. Prob extends his probationary period, so there's that kind of collateral damage to deal with. It's not a deal breaker for him but it messes things up just when he was prob going to get past the other deal.

Oh to be young again!

I've been in favor of tightening the rotation anyway. Pemsl's 12 minutes can easily be redistributed, just gotta keep Garza out of foul trouble.

The rotation was only 8 deep with Pemsl, now it's down to 7 unless Fran includes Till. This is a fairly big loss, Iowa is getting close to having more guys dressed in suits on the bench than scholarship players.

Enough is enough. He's gotten worse every year and isn't a B1G player and apparently has a ten-cent brain to boot. I don't care if he ever plays for Iowa again. One of the walk-ons can do the exact same thing he does, and probably better.

Boy at this point, I can't disagree with ya.

vm73pPiUN5E4q4U3A
giphy.gif

Off court instincts match on the court instincts. Got to be smarter than that. Surely there are people that can get Pemsel around where he needs to go.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Gotta suspend him at least a couple games.,,,,,

I have mixed feelings here given our lack of depth. But, at the end of the day, is Till really that much of a downgrade? Pemsl is terrible on D and a non-factor on O except for an occasional nice post feed.

The rotation was only 8 deep with Pemsl, now it's down to 7 unless Fran includes Till. This is a fairly big loss, Iowa is getting close to having more guys dressed in suits on the bench than scholarship players.

Right and 7 is fine assuming no foul trouble. Also can throw Till out there for a few minutes.

TV timeouts every 4 minutes, free throw breaks, coach timeouts, halftime. These are 20 year old kids...they're fine with 30-35 minutes.

Right and 7 is fine assuming no foul trouble. Also can throw Till out there for a few minutes.

TV timeouts every 4 minutes, free throw breaks, coach timeouts, halftime. These are 20 year old kids...they're fine with 30-35 minutes.
I gotta disagree with you here. I’m typically a fan of shorter rotations but 7 is getting too light. Iowa likes to play uptempo and presses a fair amount. Not to mention Bakari and Toussaint don’t typically play 30 minutes, they basically platoon the PG spot. So in essence you’re talking about 5 remaining players for 4 total spots. That’s too thin, especially when you start playing a couple tough B1G games in a shorter span of days. Till is going to have to give us some minutes with Pemsl out.

Till should have been getting Pemsl's minutes anyway.
This.
Till can defend the wing, might give some points and can board a little.

Pemsl has his role with already short handed teammates.

He has selfishly decided to screw them over. Fran will not take this kindly.

With this style of play that's very thin. Right now if they get into foul trouble Till has been the next guy in. So now with Till in the rotation if they get into foul trouble I believe Michael Baer would be the next guy in.

Pemsl plays a bigger role than people give him credit for. I see his defensive and offensive limitations as well but it gets worse with Till.

Enough is enough. He's gotten worse every year and isn't a B1G player and apparently has a ten-cent brain to boot. I don't care if he ever plays for Iowa again. One of the walk-ons can do the exact same thing he does, and probably better.

A little harsh for my taste regarding the on the court stuff. Particularly a college aged player with a long injury history. I think you need to target the guys getting paid. Ultimately its their job to either get him better or find someone who is better to replace him.

I’ve said all along I thought this would be Pemsl’s last year here. If Nunge hadn’t gotten hurt you have to wonder if Pemsl would have gotten any minutes this year.

Next year you bring back Nunge, Connor seems likely to stay at the 4 spot (in some capacity). Patrick returns after a redshirt year. Bring in the two Murray’s at 6’8 and Ogundele at 6’10.

Assuming he’s back with the team in good standing I don’t think it’d be shocking to see Pemsl go through the senior day routine with Kriener. You feel for the kid because he’s been through a lot health wise, but he could end with a degree from Iowa and go grad transfer to a new situation for more minutes and start working on a second degree. Not the worst thing that’s ever happened.

Probably 1-2 games.

He knows the offense and can keep things in the flow, so losing him for awhile hurts some, but it's not catastrophic by any means.

Till will take some minutes and be better defensively. What Fran likely will do is cut down on the time that Garza and Kriener are on the floor together.

Not trying to rip on the guy. Austin Ash is not a D1 player.

Patrick ain't returning.
I don’t know how to respond to this. I didn’t say anything about Austin Ash in my post so no clue about that comment.

Patrick McCaffery practices everyday and stays after games to get up shots but isn’t returning next year? That’s an interesting take. I’d wager that Pat plays next year pretty strongly.

Since there were no citations for speeding, running red light, swerving, etc, I assume he wasn’t putting other drivers at risk. So why the F is a police officer pulling someone over for a cracked tail light?

I appreciate the job police officers do, but now this kid’s record will permanently have an arrest due to a cop being bored at 1am on a Sunday night or using a cracked tail light as a reason to pull someone over hoping for a bigger arrest (drunk driver, drugs, etc)