Cordell Pemsl Arrested

You feel better after that rant? lol

He's depth, that's all.
I just don't see the big deal. If he was 6, 8 points a game or a bunch of rebounds it'd be different, but he's a net zero effect guy. He doesn't do anything that Ash or Till can't do.

I just don't see the big deal. If he was 6, 8 points a game or a bunch of rebounds it'd be different, but he's a net zero effect guy. He doesn't do anything that Ash or Till can't do.

I disagree, Pemsl can't be pushed around like Till. But it's not a big deal and I don't see people in here making it a big deal, the concern is depth. You get Garza & Kreiner get into foul trouble and we are gonna be seeing a lot of Till, who gets eaten alive by Big Ten power forwards. If they don't then not much of a problem.

You have to do something stupid to get picked up for driving while suspended.

This poor kid. On the court he regressed and off the curt it seems that way also.

Why the F is this even a thing? It’s a one game suspension for a guy who plays 12 minutes and scores less than a three pointer per game. Pemsl playing or not means absolutely dick to this team. Whether you like him or not he kid’s a statistical fart in the wind.

12 minutes.

20 conference games x 40 minutes x 5 players = 4,000 minutes.

Those 12 minutes (in which he doesn’t do shit anyway) is 0.3% of the season. Jesus Christ, people...
The math you did makes me think that you think Pemsl has played 12 minutes all season instead of 12 per game.

I disagree, Pemsl can't be pushed around like Till. But it's not a big deal and I don't see people in here making it a big deal, the concern is depth. You get Garza & Kreiner get into foul trouble and we are gonna be seeing a lot of Till, who gets eaten alive by Big Ten power forwards. If they don't then not much of a problem.
That's it. If Nunge hadn't gotten hurt and was playing as well as he was hyped up to have done this wouldn't be a big deal. Pemsl would hardly ever play at all compared to the 10-12 mins he kinda has to now. Garza and Kreiner can't play all the big man mins and we just aren't deep enough to even play small ball for long stretches either. I felt we were lucky as all get out CJFs foot injury wasn't worse. We are really up against that line of if anything else were to happen.....

It is not exactly bloody murder

He wasn't driving drunk and/or putting anyone's life in danger

Who among us can cast the first stone or any stone at all

MenacingGlaringHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Anyone ever smoked pot

Or drove home from a friend's party or Hawkeye watch while under the influence

:cool:

Anyone ever smoked pot

I don't think it's about that so much as it is it's his 2nd recent strike. The two strikes are tied together in that the reason his license is revoked was due to strike 1. Making strike 2 a pretty dumb one to make. Making it now in season when he's an upper classman when he should more then know better just makes it frustrating.

The math you did makes me think that you think Pemsl has played 12 minutes all season instead of 12 per game.
Uhh, nope.

If he averages 12 minutes a game, and has to sit out one game, that’s 12 minutes out of 4,000 for the conference schedule. I know nobody gives a shit, but you asked about my math.

I don’t understand why you have to get arrested and booked and all that shit. If you’re sober and only suspended (not revoked or without having a license to begin with), why can’t they just write you a big ass ticket and tow your car or whatever, and let you hoof it? Or if you’re able, call someone to come get it.

There are definitely worse things that people don’t get arrested for, and if a cop said you’re either getting a $1,000 ticket/arrested and booked into jail, or you’re getting a $1,000/$200 tow/$300 impound fee to walk home or call a ride—I know which one I’m taking.

To me, not having insurance is a waaaaaaay bigger deal and much more serious if you hurt someone, and they just give you a ticket and send you on your way. They basically write you a ticket for driving while not having insurance, and then send you down the road to drive with no insurance.

Uhh, nope.

If he averages 12 minutes a game, and has to sit out one game, that’s 12 minutes out of 4,000 for the conference schedule. I know nobody gives a shit, but you asked about my math.
Oh dud. For some reason I brain farted and was thinking you meant Pemsl's production for the rest of the season is no big deal to replace.

You have to do something stupid to get picked up for driving while suspended.

This poor kid. On the court he regressed and off the curt it seems that way also.
Small city. Easily recognizable.
It could happen.

I’m as hard as anyone about enforcing the laws. This is minor.

Anyone ever smoked pot

I agree. This is minor and should be looked at in that context.

There’s only one Man that could’ve cast the stone. He didn’t. He also said, don’t do it anymore.

I’ve never smoked pot.. Spend a decent amount of time sitting on ‘em. Don’t care if anyone does. Never drive drunk.

Just don’t damage me or my family and don’t send me the medical bills if that person damages themself or others.

never have been intoxicated watching Iowa. So texting against drunks can be fun on game day.

Yeah let's lay off Cordell...so big deal he wasn't driving intoxicated or even with any alcohol....this one of those big tuff guy IC or Coralville cops playing clint Eastwood....glad they stopped a kid (not under the influence) driving...good arrest officer (too self important). Cops in Iowa City are just starved for real crime so let's go get the kids!

Sooooo....now does everyone see the big deal about losing Pemsl?
oh these road games aren't just about losing 1 man. Fran's inexplicable lack of defensive knowledge or how to impart that knowledge on his players is legendary. His incomprehensible understanding of who on the other team cannot be given room to get hot and light an entire offense is breathless in its incompetence. And here we are headed for last in the conference in scoring defense.

Latest posts