Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't agree with the "both sides" takes.

I would just say that some see the coverage and criticism of the government's response, and the goal of saving lives, as one in the same.

While the other "side" view this as a impeachment hoax, and the attempt to save lives is just a big overreaction. Possibly not worth it.

But that is just how it looks from my side of the fence. And I appreciate that people are completely genuine in believing the opposite.

The slow response is easy to justify. You have to know it's bad enough to warrant shutting down the economy, ruining millions of lives in the process. There's not only two sides to this. Theres not of middle ground too.

The slow response is easy to justify. You have to know it's bad enough to warrant shutting down the economy, ruining millions of lives in the process. There's not only two sides to this. Theres not of middle ground too.

I would say the slow response is easy to "explain", not justify. Other countries governments are getting criticized for a slow response too. So this isn't a uniquely US problem.

But that is where pure politics is crippling the process of find and fixing things, here at least.

How long did we debate if this was as bad as the common flu/cold? And was that debate coming from a place of honest debate, or political smoke screen?

I personally don't agree with the "both sides" takes.

I would just say that some see the coverage and criticism of the government's response, and the goal of saving lives, as one in the same.

While the other "side" view this as a impeachment hoax, and the attempt to save lives is just a big overreaction. Possibly not worth it.

But that is just how it looks from my side of the fence. And I appreciate that people are completely genuine in believing the opposite.

I have no problem with covering Trump thoroughly, fact-checking things, questioning him on contradictions etc. That's fair.

It's the people in the press who say things like "He should be charged with involuntary homicide" or "He had blood on his hands" or a Representative from Ohio wants to take him to the Hague and have him charged with crimes against humanity because he has touted Hydroxichloraquine. It's just insanity, hate and rage because of a lack of acceptance for him being president in the first place. And I'm not a MAGA,Trump supporter myself. We all know about his character flaws, and they are many. But we have thousands of people getting sick and dying and the media and opposition thinks these kind of comments are helping our country?

Why I cringed when Trump started tossing around Mr. Fauci aka Mr. Negative death rates numbers of 100,000 to 240,000. I'm not impressed at all with that guy

Well. I won’t have to read any more of your quotes on the pandemic. Your opinion on Dr. (not Mr) Fauci is about the dumbest thing I have read in weeks. You are talking about the top scientist in the US who has consulted with hundreds of other scientists and with those who produce mathematical models. He has worked under six presidents, and is apolitical. You sound like a cult member who will protect his leader to the end.

Well. I won’t have to read any more of your quotes on the pandemic. Your opinion on Dr. (not Mr) Fauci is about the dumbest thing I have read in weeks. You are talking about the top scientist in the US who has consulted with hundreds of other scientists and with those who produce mathematical models. He has worked under six presidents, and is apolitical. You sound like a cult member who will protect his leader to the end.
Do you ever read the shit you post?

I have no problem with covering Trump thoroughly, fact-checking things, questioning him on contradictions etc. That's fair.

It's the people in the press who say things like "He should be charged with involuntary homicide" or "He had blood on his hands" or a Representative from Ohio wants to take him to the Hague and have him charged with crimes against humanity because he has touted Hydroxichloraquine. It's just insanity, hate and rage because of a lack of acceptance for him being president in the first place. And I'm not a MAGA,Trump supporter myself. We all know about his character flaws, and they are many. But we have thousands of people getting sick and dying and the media and opposition thinks these kind of comments are helping our country?

This is a catch-22. You are open to criticism, but the people doing the criticizing have demonstrated that they are not trustworthy themselves.

But there isn't anyone who can solve this for you.

Idk if any of you have been following what's been going on in Colorado, but the Governor has been trying to hide the data guiding his decisions on lockdowns, etc.

However Fauci looks in this matter, guys like him are the underlying root cause of the problem we are in today. Partisan hacks will blame the current president or the past president, but at the end of the day, when you have an organization like CDC that has lit $50 billion on fire over the past decade and a guy who spans 6 presidents but we have a freaking shortage of masks, the problem is a helluva lot deeper than who sits in the White House. I indicated back on March 19 on this thread that Western society simply wasn't prepared for a pandemic and it is becoming even more apparent the longer this goes on.

Please explain to me how WHO covered up and downplayed severity. Thanks.

I guess you haven't seen this. I also presume you didn't see their stance against travel bans back in January.

Yeah, I knew the replies citing some of the things WHO was saying from Dec-Jan were coming. And it's fair criticism.

But to no one's surprise, they will never do the same of our own government.

I mean, what was our own government saying even in March?

Another perspective

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-response-sweden-avoids-isolation-economic-ruin/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...nventional_wisdom_in_the_covid-19_crisis.html

I do not have any expertise in this area so I wonder that if after they bend the curve downward, it gives a false sense of security to people, so if there is a lifting of these business restrictions, the disease fires up again. According to these views, that wouldn't necessarily be a major obstacle. However, regardless of what happens, it seems most important to continue to protect the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions until a vaccine is ready.

Another perspective

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-response-sweden-avoids-isolation-economic-ruin/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...nventional_wisdom_in_the_covid-19_crisis.html

I do not have any expertise in this area so I wonder that if after they bend the curve downward, it gives a false sense of security to people, so if there is a lifting of these business restrictions, the disease fires up again. According to these views, that wouldn't necessarily be a major obstacle. However, regardless of what happens, it seems most important to continue to protect the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions until a vaccine is ready.

I don't know much about Sweden specifically...

But testing usually is a big part of not shutting down, while keeping the virus from spreading.

This was at the beginning of March. Any of you get your at home COVID-19 test yet?

Sweden introduces home testing for suspected COVID-19 infections as confirmed cases rise to 13
Source: Xinhua| 2020-03-01

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/01/c_138831059.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts