Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However Fauci looks in this matter, guys like him are the underlying root cause of the problem we are in today. Partisan hacks will blame the current president or the past president, but at the end of the day, when you have an organization like CDC that has lit $50 billion on fire over the past decade and a guy who spans 6 presidents but we have a freaking shortage of masks, the problem is a helluva lot deeper than who sits in the White House. I indicated back on March 19 on this thread that Western society simply wasn't prepared for a pandemic and it is becoming even more apparent the longer this goes on.

Fauci works for the NIH. Is that part of the CDC or separate. And WTF does Fauci and CDC and NIH have anything to do with ordering and getting 100s of millions of stockpiled masks. The experts can push for to get more masks but they do not execute the getting of those masks.

Yeah, I knew the replies citing some of the things WHO was saying from Dec-Jan were coming. And it's fair criticism.

But to no one's surprise, they will never do the same of our own government.

I mean, what was our own government saying even in March?

Exactly so many people think the WHO is trying to make the US sink into the oceans or something insane like that. If China did bad science or held back on their knowledge then that is a very big global problem. But some of these early reports of non human transmission or whatever it was did form some early prognostications on how bad or not bad this virus was to the detriment of many.

I do not think the WHO had the intel that our spies/intel people did in early Jan. as to what was happening in Wuhan.

I don't know much about Sweden specifically...

But testing usually is a big part of not shutting down, while keeping the virus from spreading.

This was at the beginning of March. Any of you get your at home COVID-19 test yet?

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/01/c_138831059.htm

Yep it is testing testing and more testing. I am not sure why the naysayers on this board dont ask their leaders why we do not have millions being tested. I have called, emailed, and sent many letters to my congress people but congress does not have much control of managing this issue.

Linn County is exploding............

5e8b59fb3250f.image.jpg

Gotta say, this board is a pretty good representation of the opposing political/social viewpoints on the pandemic and all things related. Pretty clear to see where folks stand. The difference from most social media I see is pretty remarkable civility and well thought responses given. Well played gentlemen.

At this point, noone is going to change anyone's mind, but the discourse is solid and noticeably respectful for the most part, especially for an anonymous board.

Stay safe and be well.

Go Hawks

These $1,200 payments people who are suppose to receive from the U.S. Government, has anyone received theirs yet? I don't know if they will send us a check in the email or direct deposit? I'm still working and haven't been laid off, so I'm not sure if I will even receive one being that I am still employed.

The problem is the data proving your hypothesis doesn't exist.

And you cannot prove the negative of not having mitigation but reason and logic would lead almost anyone with any sense to know that if the US has this many cases, and the same with Italy and Spain, with some harsh mitigation then there would be many, many more deaths and cases without mitigation.

Logically, if the virus is new and novel (true), and if it spreads from human to human through close contact (true), and if the virus spreads at a fairly high rate (true as far as measure at about 1 to 2 or 3 iirc), and if infected people without symptoms can spread the virus (true), then the virus will spread very fast if people are in close contact all the normal times.

This logic is no different than using the logical argument if rain only comes from clouds (true), and if it is not cloudy (which is true at times), then it will not rain at that time. If-If-Then reasoning.

Yep it is testing testing and more testing. I am not sure why the naysayers on this board dont ask their leaders why we do not have millions being tested. I have called, emailed, and sent many letters to my congress people but congress does not have much control of managing this issue.

Like someone said earlier, unless they can test every person every day, it's not gunna help a whole lot. People aren't going to get tested until they feel sick. By then they've probably already spread it. Not to mention the people who never get sick. They will spread it all day every day for a week or two. Now if they could invent test strips to give out in bulk so you could test yourself every morning before leaving the house, we would be in great shape.

These $1,200 payments people who are suppose to receive from the U.S. Government, has anyone received theirs yet? I don't know if they will send us a check in the email or direct deposit? I'm still working and haven't been laid off, so I'm not sure if I will even receive one being that I am still employed.

If your reporting household income is less than $150k jointly or $75k if single, you'll get the full $1200 per filer and $500 per independent, regardlessof your employmentstatus. When? That's another matter....

If you're over $100k individual or $200k jointly, no money for you.

Interestingly, cost of living of where you live doesn't weigh in, so how much it helps will vary.

And you cannot prove the negative of not having mitigation but reason and logic would lead almost anyone with any sense to know that if the US has this many cases, and the same with Italy and Spain, with some harsh mitigation then there would be many, many more deaths and cases without mitigation.

Logically, if the virus is new and novel (true), and if it spreads from human to human through close contact (true), and if the virus spreads at a fairly high rate (true as far as measure at about 1 to 2 or 3 iirc), and if infected people without symptoms can spread the virus (true), then the virus will spread very fast if people are in close contact all the normal times.

This logic is no different than using the logical argument if rain only comes from clouds (true), and if it is not cloudy (which is true at times), then it will not rain at that time. If-If-Then reasoning.
I agree. You don't really need scientific experiments to decide if social distancing slows down the spread. Of course it would.

Gotta say, this board is a pretty good representation of the opposing political/social viewpoints on the pandemic and all things related. Pretty clear to see where folks stand. The difference from most social media I see is pretty remarkable civility and well thought responses given. Well played gentlemen.

At this point, noone is going to change anyone's mind, but the discourse is solid and noticeably respectful for the most part, especially for an anonymous board.

Stay safe and be well.

Go Hawks
Shut up idiot.

Iirc, more or less you have to have filed taxes in 2018 or for 2019. If you got direct deposit for refunds the check will deposit directly to your same account. I dont think the money is in the mail for at least a couple of more weeks at least in the mail. There is a limit for the full amount at income up to $75000 per person. But I am not sure if over that income amount you do not get any dough or just less dough.

Iirc, more or less you have to have filed taxes in 2018 or for 2019. If you got direct deposit for refunds the check will deposit directly to your same account. I dont think the money is in the mail for at least a couple of more weeks at least in the mail. There is a limit for the full amount at income up to $75000 per person. But I am not sure if over that income amount you do not get any dough or just less dough.
Last year my check for taxes was mailed to my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts