Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, 100,000 is hard to believe. I'm going guess somewhere around 50,000 - 60,000. Will see how close I am. I think Iowa's doing a decent job of this distancing thing and we just don't have the density of people like on the east and west coast.

If Iowa is going to be better off because we are doing a good job of social distancing, then it kinda hurts the arguement that we are overreacting. Iowa reacting responsibly is a major reason we won't be as bad off as some. The lack of population is a huge deal too. But is that going to make our numbers better per capita? Or is it just going to take us longer to get to the same number?

Nice post and puts it into perspective. I admit I typically lean towards the right secondary to how I think the economy should be ran with private business and capitalism, etc.. But, I'd be willing to pay more in taxes, tolls (tax), etc.. to get dig out of this mess for the health of our nation as a whole.

The US is only as strong as its economy. The only way the US can be crippled is by crippling or tanking the economy to make us susceptible. That is our biggest strength.
One thing about our economy tanking is everyone else's is too. So it's not like we are worse off comparison wise. I assume that's why China covered it up. They knew their economy was screwed so they didn't want to help other countrie's economy by giving them more time to prevent it.

You dont think there is potential for lawless anarchy if you continue to treat the general populace like prisoners, with their one hour a day of "yard time"?

Wait until some militant tries to take out Dr. Fauci (which is why he has requested more protection). Or Trump himself. You WILL see martial law if that happens. People are not animals, or prisoners.
The hope is people will see how bad it is and want to stay away. That's probably why the government waited "too long" to act. If they acted before there was undeniable proof, people would have flipped shit.

April3_map.png

Have you ever read "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" or watched the Twilight Zone episode of it? It's a pretty good example of what's going on. It's on Netflix. Season 1, Ep 22

One thing about our economy tanking is everyone else's is too. So it's not like we are worse off comparison wise. I assume that's why China covered it up. They knew their economy was screwed so they didn't want to help other countrie's economy by giving them more time to prevent it.

Yea, the other countries basically follows our. If ours gets screwy, many times other countries follow the trend.

The hope is people will see how bad it is and want to stay away. That's probably why the government waited "too long" to act. If they acted before there was undeniable proof, people would have flipped shit.

There is definitely a fine line there. There was a balancing act that had to be done. Once there starts to be a shortage of resources, products, etc., that's where shit can hit the fan and you may see looting or even people getting robbed. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but people are scared with a lot of anxiety.

Last edited:

Somebody yesterday asked about Washington county. Yea, that one sticks out a bit and kind of baffling. I realize there are some people that work in Iowa City that commute but I don't think that really has a bearing with their cases. Johnson is holding pretty steady while Washington increases. You'd think Johnson would be increasing along with Washington if that is the case. It doesn't make sense that ironically the only people positive in Washington County are commuters to Johnson county. That would be a hell of an assumption. Is there a care center involved down there or something? Care centers with the elderly can really raise the numbers as we've seen in Linn.

Last edited:
Have you ever read "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" or watched the Twilight Zone episode of it? It's a pretty good example of what's going on. It's on Netflix. Season 1, Ep 22

I may have to throw it on while I work...........cough cough.................mess around on HawkeyeNation.

Side note. I'd be fine with a modest subscription for a few months as well to cover until advertising gets back up to speed.

I was thinking about giving blood next week, but have never done it before. I don't even know my own blood type. Plus, I'm sure the people that would take my blood would want to know if I've been tested for the virus, which I haven't.

Ok, why are we still getting cases reported from people on cruise ships? These cruises are still operating?

I suspect these cruise ships were already at sea with their passengers or just left around 2 weeks ago.

How long do some of these cruises take? Ten days. Never been on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts