Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyday we get our dose of headlines suggesting this pandemic is being overblown, faked, or sensationalized.

Never any reflection on how wrong these kind of claims have been so far.

Remember actor Mark Blum? He was in Crocodile Dundee & Blind Date, his wife said he lost his life to the Coronavirus.

mark_blum_480.jpg

Was he in grown-ups. Was he the actor in the full body cast obsessed with the boobs?

So viruses normally mutate every time they infect a host and force it to replicate them. This is called antigenic drift. These mutated forms are slightly different, so our immune system might not completely recognize them, but there is usually partial recognition, and hence partial immunity.

But if 2 viruses infect a host simultaneously, they can essentially combine to form a radically different virus. This is called antigenic shift. This new virus is often so completely different from anything seen prior that no one has much immunity to it. This seems to be the starting point of many of these pandemics.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/change.htm

We are currently living in a freaking horror film.

Russia says they have low COVID -19 numbers, I don't buy that.
This isn't specifically addressing you, but I find it interesting that so many people think that countries such as Russia and China are lying, but believe that the U.S. govt, CDC, & WHO are completely upfront. People should duckduckgo World Health Organization, fraud & corruption.

This isn't specifically addressing you, but I find it interesting that so many people think that countries such as Russia and China are lying, but believe that the U.S. govt, CDC, & WHO are completely upfront. People should duckduckgo World Health Organization, fraud & corruption.

China, Russia and North Korea are lying. Fact

Yesterday was the first day since the outbreak that the number of new confirmed coronavirus cases for that day decreased from the previous day's new cases.

19,452 on March 28
18,882 on March 29.

Also first day the number of new deaths decreased from the previous day's as well.

525 on March 28
264 on March 29

Are these worldwide numbers or just the US? I think US because Italy was still having 800-900 deaths a day a few days ago.

The NFL Draft as now is still on for next month but, there will be no fans in attendance and not even the college players getting drafted will be there. Should be a really EXCITING draft to watch!!

It may not be but I bet you ESPN can't wait to cover it, an actual live sporting event. They must be getting sick of programming 2006 Little League World Series games and mogul skiing.

Yes, this does happen in the media once in a while and when an honest mistake they issue a correction. Maybe you have seen corrections before. Are you trying to make a big deal out of this?

I know a very few people who think the mass media is a total bunch of liars and my retort is 'if there are so many lying reporters, producers, journalists, etc then you would see many of them getting fired and being sued and losing big lawsuits.' And as I follow up I ask them how many reporters do you see getting fired, top news execs, etc.

Yes, you are going to see a Dan Rather once in awhile where he had an agenda against George Bush, a fellow texan, and Rather went out of his way to publish some info about Bush's National Guard record that then seemed to be 'shot down' , excuse the pun. Rather got dumped or was forced to step down or leave CBS.

I think the Guardian had a top reporter get sacked because it was proved that some of his top reports were fabricated.

I think compared to the Swift Boat liars, etc this post of yours is a non-story.

To add some perspective roughly 7500 people die in the US daily that's 1 life lost every 10 to 12 seconds. These numbers exclude the people who are dying from Covid19 and yesterday 363 people in US died from COvid19.

Russia says they have low COVID -19 numbers, I don't buy that.

Well the one thing about Russia that might make this correct is I dont think there are a lot of chinese and asians going there for vacation or sightseeing. And maybe not a lot of people trying to go to russia the last few months.

I bet there are a whole hell of a lot of russians who would love to leave russia for good and try to get some freedom.

Are these worldwide numbers or just the US? I think US because Italy was still having 800-900 deaths a day a few days ago.

Yes, those numbers are US only. And they've been updated over the last couple hours. Usually if you wait until 9am to check, the numbers from yesterday are pretty solid.

Now being reported that confirmed cases in the US for March 29 was 19,913. Deaths at 363. So confirmed cases are now nearly equal to March 28 numbers, deaths still down.

And as you said, Italy is getting destroyed. 756 deaths on March 29 and 812 already today.

So everyday we get our dose of headlines suggesting this pandemic is being overblown, faked, or sensationalized.

Never any reflection on how wrong these kind of claims have been so far.

Well I think if you listen to maybe some other news shows or read some other news outlets you will find many people saying how top leadership was very wrong to not take this seriously and to blow it off with comments back in Jan and Feb like it would go away in a couple of weeks. And a lot of news and opinion outlets are screaming about the crap coverage from top Fox News hosts and other crazy people like Falwell who told his students to come back to Liberty Univ for classes, and the Fl and TX Governors.

Once this pandemic does slow down, there is just too much news each day right now, there will be some serious history written about what actions were taken or not, memos and phone calls, and written orders will find the light of day.

The return to semi-normalcy would be aided greatly if some really smart people come up with some good cell phone tracking apps.

Out of curiosity, how many would be fine giving up some privacy rights to allow such an app to track your whereabouts? I am generally not a fan of anyone having too much info on me, but it seems that cell phone companies already have this data and are selling to companies for purposes of targeted marketing; as long as they are doing that, might as well save some lives with it.

I see what you are saying, but tracking down and actually arresting would most likely be a moot attempt. There are too many stupid and selfish people in our society. Just too many people. Trying to limit the curve is probably and unfortunately the only real plausible attempt at this thing. The train's going to go thru. Hopefully we can limit the collateral damage.

Yes, those numbers are US only. And they've been updated over the last couple hours. Usually if you wait until 9am to check, the numbers from yesterday are pretty solid.

Now being reported that confirmed cases in the US for March 29 was 19,913. Deaths at 363. So confirmed cases are now nearly equal to March 28 numbers, deaths still down.

And as you said, Italy is getting destroyed. 756 deaths on March 29 and 812 already today.

Yeah and I am half Italian on my dad's side so it is a country I always want to see prosperity in as I do really for everyone, but I also could never quite figure out why they have so much trouble with their govt and leaders. Maybe just too volatile and stubborn a bunch of people. They avg about a new govt every year since 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts