Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More recent data shows Sweden's non-mitigation, non action as caught up to them and deaths are 4 times higher than nearby countries. Source is European CDC and it negates a lot of messages people on here and elsewhere have been saying about using social distancing, isolation, and contact tracing, and closing crowded areas. This will be a piece of the evidence for how to act during a pandemic/smaller area epidemic.

I really want to get back to visiting and hugging my kids and grand kids, walking in crowds by the lake, getting our weekly one or two get together with friends on beer and food at various brewery tap rooms, not sanitizing my hands after every trip and touch outside my yard, riding a golf cart with someone I do not live with, ect, as much as everyone else. But this is bad and it could be a lot worse.

upload_2020-4-18_11-43-36.png

More recent data shows Sweden's non-mitigation, non action as caught up to them and deaths are 4 times higher than nearby countries. Source is European CDC and it negates a lot of messages people on here and elsewhere have been saying about using social distancing, isolation, and contact tracing, and closing crowded areas. This will be a piece of the evidence for how to act during a pandemic/smaller area epidemic.

I really want to get back to visiting and hugging my kids and grand kids, walking in crowds by the lake, getting our weekly one or two get together with friends on beer and food at various brewery tap rooms, not sanitizing my hands after every trip and touch outside my yard, riding a golf cart with someone I do not live with, ect, as much as everyone else. But this is bad and it could be a lot worse.

View attachment 6692
So hundreds of thousands or millions haven't died? That's amazing.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/c...-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

CDC reviewing ‘stunning’ universal testing results from Boston homeless shelter

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms...

“It was like a double knockout punch. The number of positives was shocking, but the fact that 100 percent of the positives had no symptoms was equally shocking,” said Dr. Jim O’Connell, president of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, which provides medical care at the city’s shelters.

There are folks out there who are wearing masks, gloves, and bathing in Purell to protect their health, yet they also go to the grocery store and stock up on diet coke and cheerios for their quarantine.

Some people you just can't reach.

So...if I'm in a crowded theater and scream fire...I'm arrested for inciting a dangerous situation. Which I agree with by the way.

But if the President of the United States commands the "liberation of Michigan"...that's not inciting a dangerous situation? You immediately see the wing nuts from the Michigan militia show up with their weapons at the ready. How is that not criminal? Can you imagine what Trump does when he loses in November. A peaceful transition of power? Doubtful.

There are folks out there who are wearing masks, gloves, and bathing in Purell to protect their health, yet they also go to the grocery store and stock up on diet coke and cheerios for their quarantine.

Some people you just can't reach.

So you are equating a pretty high chance of catching the virus because it is highly contagious and having a 15-20% chance of being hospitalized and maybe dying with drinking diet coke and eating highly processed fast food which could kill you in maybe 40-60 years. Right!!! spot on logic. So you. Oh I forgot you dont believe any of this or just trolling.

So you are equating a pretty high chance of catching the virus because it is highly contagious and having a 15-20% chance of being hospitalized and maybe dying with drinking diet coke and eating highly processed fast food which could kill you in maybe 40-60 years. Right!!! spot on logic. So you. Oh I forgot you dont believe any of this or just trolling.
iu

Trump surrogate Steven Moore compared the protesters protesting the "stay at home order" to modern day "Rosa Parks" types. Ok...no one is out burning down their houses, forcing them to use alternate restrooms/restaurants, or making them live in fear for their lives. Old affluent white men say the stupidest things with little regard to an understanding of history.

View attachment 6692
Let's look at that.

Sweden's first case was supposedly on February 4th, while the first case in the U.S. was January 20th. So, basically a couple of weeks difference.

Sweden has chosen to not do the shutdown/lockdown, while the U.S. has.

Sweden's total death count is at 1,400, while the U.S. death count is supposedly at 35,443 according to the CDC.

Sweden's population is supposedly 10,327,600, while the U.S. pop is 330,617,416.

This means that without using the draconian measures we're using in the U.S., .0135% of Sweden's population has died from COVID-19, while .0107% of the U.S. population has died from COVID-19. If the U.S. had the same rate, we would have seen 44,818 people die from COVID-19 excluding the 2-week difference. Maybe we can check this in 2 weeks...

Is shutting down the economy and liberty worth this?

Let's look at that.

Sweden's first case was supposedly on February 4th, while the first case in the U.S. was January 20th. So, basically a couple of weeks difference.

Sweden has chosen to not do the shutdown/lockdown, while the U.S. has.

Sweden's total death count is at 1,400, while the U.S. death count is supposedly at 35,443 according to the CDC.

Sweden's population is supposedly 10,327,600, while the U.S. pop is 330,617,416.

This means that without using the draconian measures we're using in the U.S., .0135% of Sweden's population has died from COVID-19, while .0107% of the U.S. population has died from COVID-19. If the U.S. had the same rate, we would have seen 44,818 people die from COVID-19 excluding the 2-week difference. Maybe we can check this in 2 weeks...

Is shutting down the economy and liberty worth this?

What's worth the shut down is that you don't have people going to hospitals that can't get care...and die because there were no health care personnel to take care of them and no ventilator to put them on. Do you people not get what is happening? It's not fake that hospitals are overrun in multiple states...including Michigan. Certainly it's about limiting spread, but it's mostly about not overwhelming the healthcare systems.

Would you want to be the one to tell someone we are prioritizing this person over you because you are 5 years older, and they have a better chance at survival and to get off the ventilator?

It's also about testing. You have to be able to test people who have to work in close quarters or within an office environment or plant environment. They may be young and low risk...but they bring it home to their families and it could be catastrophic. Testing people before they go into those environments...is the right thing to do.

What's worth the shut down is that you don't have people going to hospitals that can't get care...and die because there were no health care personnel to take care of them and no ventilator to put them on. Do you people not get what is happening? It's not fake that hospitals are overrun in multiple states...including Michigan. Certainly it's about limiting spread, but it's mostly about not overwhelming the healthcare systems.

Would you want to be the one to tell someone we are prioritizing this person over you because you are 5 years older, and they have a better chance at survival and to get off the ventilator?
It's absolutely fake. Why do you think we have all these nurses dancing videos? They're bored out of their minds. You need to turn off your TV, dude.

It's absolutely fake. Why do you think we have all these nurses dancing videos? They're bored out of their minds. You need to turn off your TV, dude.

This is really stupid logic, just because you found 1 video where nurses were actually enjoying their job. Maybe they were on a break, perhaps the end of their shift, I don't know and I don't give a damn. If nurses want to take a few minutes to enjoy their job who are YOU to judge? By gawd condemn all nurses because TK found A video where there were nurses enjoying their job.

You tell people to shut off TV, you need to shut off your twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts