Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an unpublished report saying that the virus does not last as long in direct sunlight and humid conditions. Nothing to get too excited about yet but that's encouraging news.
I've been thinking about this.

It's 98 degrees and plenty humid in a normal human body and the virus has no trouble creating havoc in there among vulnerable people.

It has to be the strong sunlight and strong UV rays that spell trouble for the virus.

Which doesn't change the situation we as a society are in one bit. It does help if you are someone who actually gets the virus tho.

Trump is just a prick of an asshole with a huge ego, I think Biden has some health issues. A big difference, but I could be wrong.
Imagine the ego it takes to run a D1 football program. Now multiply that by a million. That's what it takes to think you're cool enough to run a country. All candidates are douche bags. That's why I route for guys like Trump who didnt spend their entire lives being douche bags. I'll vote for the next non politician like Trump too and hope he's not quite as big of a tool bag.

The daily total deaths day by day graph from Financial Times is showing a bad trend that even after peak death rates the daily number of deaths drops some but then plateaus. Italy peaked but then the death rate went down to around 500 per day and it is staying at 500 per day for about 2-3 weeks now. That is not good.

The US has peaked and came down just a bit but is still plateaued and steady at a high number around 2000 deaths.

We wanted to see it drop very quickly to low numbers. This may mean it has spread a lot more than was thought, more people have it and their incubation periods are up, they are getting sick, and they are dying.

Hold That Sneeze, Jack

And Please Don't Forget to Wear That Face Mask

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ynamics-in-photos/#/stock_cloud-sneeze-2c.jpg

314z0%2Bx3s5L._SY90_.jpg

Reusable Bandit Black

:cool:

Imagine the ego it takes to run a D1 football program. Now multiply that by a million. That's what it takes to think you're cool enough to run a country. All candidates are douche bags. That's why I route for guys like Trump who didnt spend their entire lives being douche bags. I'll vote for the next non politician like Trump too and hope he's not quite as big of a tool bag.

You brought this up and well you may think he might not be a tool bag but I will try to educate you, if you haven't already heard or read this stuff, that he is a cheat, crook, con man, serial bankruptcy artist to escape his debts (same as being a thief), and this doesnt touch his personal and other legal problems.

About 1980: Yahoo search 'Trump cheats polish workers' and you even have to type in the whole string
  1. How Trump cheated ILLEGAL ALIEN Polish workers to build the ...
    therightscoop.com/how-trump-cheated-illegal...
    Feb 27, 2016 · During the 16-day non-jury trial, a number of the Polish workers testified that Trump underlings had threatened them with deportation if they caused trouble. They walked in to the job from Brooklyn when a transit strike hit the city. Some of them slept at the site.

2. Trump Paid Over $1 Million in Labor Settlement, Documents Reveal
    www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/nyregion/trump-tower...
    Nov 27, 2017 · In 1980, under pressure to begin construction on what would become his signature project, Donald J. Trump employed a crew of 200 undocumented Polish workers who worked in 12-hour shifts, without gloves, hard hats or masks, to demolish the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue, where the 58-story, golden-hued Trump Tower now stands.
Yahoo search 'trump university": this is a clear case of bait and switch con man techniques; remember Trump told his audiences in 2015-16 he would
  1. Yes, Trump University Was a Massive Scam | National Review
    www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-university-scam
    Many people believe that higher education is a de facto scam. Trump University, Donald Trump’s real-estate institution, was a de jure one. First thing first, Trump University was never a university.

2. Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think | The New Yorker
    www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump...
    Jun 02, 2016 · Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think. By John Cassid y. June 2, 2016 ... The alleged scam didn’t stop there. Trump University instructors told people who attended the three-day seminars ..
Yahoo search 'trump foundation shutdown for fraud' - The NY Atty Gen office investigation uncovered all kinds of fraud and the funniest is a receipt that Trump used foundation money to pay his son's club dues, maybe for boy scouts. The foundation was shut down, Trump fined iirc and denied ability to run non-profits
  1. Judge signs off on shutdown of Trump Foundation after ...
    www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/18/trump...
    Dec 20, 2018 · Judge signs off on shutdown of Trump Foundation after ‘pattern of illegality’ This article is more than 1 year old. ... It is good to see this fraud is finally over.” ...

2. Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve after lawsuit alleged ...
    www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-foundation-agrees...
    Dec 18, 2018 · Trump Foundation to dissolve under court supervision Charity established by the Trump family to shut down amid allegations of unlawful coordination with the campaign and improper charitable...
I had to jump in and post this since you think he might not be a tool bag. He is much worse than a tool bag. This list doesn't even get to the list of general contractors he stiffed by not paying them (much documented), the aforementioned bankruptcies where he took huge salaries/fees but ran the businesses to death, etc etc.

I mean what kind of a slime ball cheats a bunch of poor polish workers in the US on work visas or maybe illegals, and the irony of using illegals is huge.

Currently influenza rates are very low. They usually peak in February, though it can be later. This year it happens to be pretty much over. Testing for flu has been way up due to COVID, but not much is showing up. Due to how busy the surveillance networks are with COVID, they are ending their flu tracking for the season (they usually track through early May). This is what she was referencing when she said, "We no longer have flu."

Info from the last CDC Weekly Influenza Weekly Report:

Key Points
  • Nationally, influenza activity is now low.
  • With ongoing declines in influenza activity and the continued effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, FluView will be abbreviated for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
  • More detailed interpretation of data and more COVID-19 specific information can be found in COVIDView.

Status
Not open for further replies.