Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently influenza rates are very low. They usually peak in February, though it can be later. This year it happens to be pretty much over. Testing for flu has been way up due to COVID, but not much is showing up. Due to how busy the surveillance networks are with COVID, they are ending their flu tracking for the season (they usually track through early May). This is what she was referencing when she said, "We no longer have flu."

Info from the last CDC Weekly Influenza Weekly Report:

Key Points
  • Nationally, influenza activity is now low.
  • With ongoing declines in influenza activity and the continued effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, FluView will be abbreviated for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
  • More detailed interpretation of data and more COVID-19 specific information can be found in COVIDView.
Don't be stupid. Flu cases are being counted as COVID. She basically admitted it earlier and the CDC's official guidance backs that up.

You brought this up and well you may think he might not be a tool bag but I will try to educate you, if you haven't already heard or read this stuff, that he is a cheat, crook, con man, serial bankruptcy artist to escape his debts (same as being a thief), and this doesnt touch his personal and other legal problems.

About 1980: Yahoo search 'Trump cheats polish workers' and you even have to type in the whole string
  1. How Trump cheated ILLEGAL ALIEN Polish workers to build the ...
    therightscoop.com/how-trump-cheated-illegal...
    Feb 27, 2016 · During the 16-day non-jury trial, a number of the Polish workers testified that Trump underlings had threatened them with deportation if they caused trouble. They walked in to the job from Brooklyn when a transit strike hit the city. Some of them slept at the site.

2. Trump Paid Over $1 Million in Labor Settlement, Documents Reveal
    www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/nyregion/trump-tower...
    Nov 27, 2017 · In 1980, under pressure to begin construction on what would become his signature project, Donald J. Trump employed a crew of 200 undocumented Polish workers who worked in 12-hour shifts, without gloves, hard hats or masks, to demolish the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue, where the 58-story, golden-hued Trump Tower now stands.
Yahoo search 'trump university": this is a clear case of bait and switch con man techniques; remember Trump told his audiences in 2015-16 he would
  1. Yes, Trump University Was a Massive Scam | National Review
    www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-university-scam
    Many people believe that higher education is a de facto scam. Trump University, Donald Trump’s real-estate institution, was a de jure one. First thing first, Trump University was never a university.

2. Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think | The New Yorker
    www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump...
    Jun 02, 2016 · Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think. By John Cassid y. June 2, 2016 ... The alleged scam didn’t stop there. Trump University instructors told people who attended the three-day seminars ..
Yahoo search 'trump foundation shutdown for fraud' - The NY Atty Gen office investigation uncovered all kinds of fraud and the funniest is a receipt that Trump used foundation money to pay his son's club dues, maybe for boy scouts. The foundation was shut down, Trump fined iirc and denied ability to run non-profits
  1. Judge signs off on shutdown of Trump Foundation after ...
    www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/18/trump...
    Dec 20, 2018 · Judge signs off on shutdown of Trump Foundation after ‘pattern of illegality’ This article is more than 1 year old. ... It is good to see this fraud is finally over.” ...

2. Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve after lawsuit alleged ...
    www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-foundation-agrees...
    Dec 18, 2018 · Trump Foundation to dissolve under court supervision Charity established by the Trump family to shut down amid allegations of unlawful coordination with the campaign and improper charitable...
I had to jump in and post this since you think he might not be a tool bag. He is much worse than a tool bag. This list doesn't even get to the list of general contractors he stiffed by not paying them (much documented), the aforementioned bankruptcies where he took huge salaries/fees but ran the businesses to death, etc etc.

I mean what kind of a slime ball cheats a bunch of poor polish workers in the US on work visas or maybe illegals, and the irony of using illegals is huge.
In the last sentence of my post I said I'll still vote for the next guy like Trump (meaning the next guy who isn't a career politician) and hope he's not as big of a tool bag. That is me straight up calling Trump a tool bag. So not sure why you are saying I said he wasn't one. I did say he wasn't a life long douche bag (again meaning a life long politician). Maybe I didn't make that part clear enough. I was busy with something else when I typed the post. All I meant is people who spend their lives in politics are normally shitty people so I will pretty much always vote for a guy who isn't a career politician. Hopefully the next non career politician isn't as big of a tool as Trump. That's what I meant. I think Trump makes a decent president but he's about as unpresidential is it gets.

Don't be stupid. Flu cases are being counted as COVID. She basically admitted it earlier and the CDC's official guidance backs that up.

Actually flu tests have been up...due to lack of COVID testing, they have been running more flu tests than normal as that is an important part of differential diagnosis.Also, due to heightened concern among the populace about COVID-19, more people with flu-like symptoms have been seeking testing than normal.

What do you mean by, "she basically admitted it earlier"? Are you talking about the brief video you posted? That was a video from a press-conference dealing with the current COVID surveillance network, and the clip came at the end of a portion when she was explaining that flu was down so the extensive, existing flu surveillance network is being repurposed to serve COVID-surveillance duty. It was completely out of context in the clip you posted, but her direct quote makes perfect sense if you consider the context. "We're done with the flu" was referring to being done tracking the flu through that existing network (ended after tracking the flu season for 15 weeks, they normally track through 20 weeks). Of course, this doesn't mean they will stop testing for the flu, just stop the labor-intensive data-aggregation associated with the surveillance network

And no, CDC has not told physicians to call flu deaths COVID deaths. Testing for flu is an important part of differential diagnosis, so if a patient has and dies from the flu in the hospital, it will not be counted as a COVID death.

Never should have a President with terrible attitudes toward women. Both candidates = fail.

Both men are dirty with our biggest adversary Russia. One is in bed and the other is the center cause of the war; lbs n Ukraine.

In the last sentence of my post I said I'll still vote for the next guy like Trump (meaning the next guy who isn't a career politician) and hope he's not as big of a tool bag. That is me straight up calling Trump a tool bag. So not sure why you are saying I said he wasn't one. I did say he wasn't a life long douche bag (again meaning a life long politician). Maybe I didn't make that part clear enough. I was busy with something else when I typed the post. All I meant is people who spend their lives in politics are normally shitty people so I will pretty much always vote for a guy who isn't a career politician. Hopefully the next non career politician isn't as big of a tool as Trump. That's what I meant. I think Trump makes a decent president but he's about as unpresidential is it gets.

I agree with you about many politicians are either self-possessed, dirty/criminal, egotists, glad handers etc. I am not sure if they are like that before or after they get elected but high office even down to the city and county level seem to bring the worst out of people. It is a failing of human nature that we see all the time concerning when people get in power or want power and we shouldn't be surprised.

Yes, I saw this in another web page. I think if the data is pretty correct after repeating the study, etc it could by very sobering but somewhat positive news.

Basically, Stanford researchers used the antibody tests on 3,300 people in Santa Clara County CA with a population close to 2 million. This is new research and hasn't been peer reviewed or repeated.

Test results indicate that 2.5% to 4.2% of the county population have had covid 19.

That result works out to between 48,000 and 81,000 THOUSAND county residents having had covid enough to form antibodies.

At the recent time of the study the CA Public Health Dept had found through regular swab testing that 1000 had it.
Is it 1000 people or 50,000 people????

So could it be that some areas, maybe many populated areas like NYC and Chicago and around San Fran have huge numbers with the virus. Does that mean if they started mingling and working closely together again the spread will skyrocket again??

I don't think there has been time to research and conclude whether people with it can catch it again, are STILL infectors to others, etc.

The main Dr in the study said it seems the asymptomatic percentage is higher than thought and this may show who can go back to work.

I agree with you about many politicians are either self-possessed, dirty/criminal, egotists, glad handers etc. I am not sure if they are like that before or after they get elected but high office even down to the city and county level seem to bring the worst out of people. It is a failing of human nature that we see all the time concerning when people get in power or want power and we shouldn't be surprised.
I fully agree. Power corrupts. It's one reason I am a Libertarian at heart and for things like term limits and a smaller government. Thank God we probably have the best constitution every written.

I fully agree. Power corrupts. It's one reason I am a Libertarian at heart and for things like term limits and a smaller government. Thank God we probably have the best constitution every written.

My view is that the projects of US citizens should or maybe governed best at the local up to the Fed level depending on how widespread the project covers and makes sense.

The virus doesnt know state lines so testing and a major response to covid should be led majorly by the Feds which they are not doing.

An interstate system is just that it goes from state to state and should be Fed overall but as we know the states get funds for contractors to do the work.

The military covers all the states so should be mainly Fed but States have their own Guard etc.

Weather and agriculture of course travel across states as do railroads and other commerce so there needs to be Feds overseeing this.

I am a former educator but I think Education is mostly done in each State and Local area as students do not usually cross State or county lines. I think the Fed Education Dept could and maybe should be made smaller to mainly work on education research etc to pass on info to local educators.

Energy is now interstate and somewhat shared so should have a big Fed presence especially with nuclear aspects.

I heard this analysis of the current covid testing levels:

Right now US is doing about 130000 to 140000 tests a day. At that rate it will take close to 7 years to test everyone or close to everyone.

Seven years is way too slow, the year 2027. Need to new simpler, maybe rapid response antibody tests cranked out.

Open factories for making needed things like gloves, tests, masks, and put a lot of people back to work.

Honest question, because we have been locked up for a month, whenever this state/country "reopens", is there any reason to think the virus will not spike again? It only makes sense that it will right? It hasn't gone away. Will we jerk our knee again and shut it down again? And maybe for longer. Not a doctor but doesn't the human body need to be exposed to build up immunity to it? Not being smart ass, just asking.

I heard this analysis of the current covid testing levels:

Right now US is doing about 130000 to 140000 tests a day. At that rate it will take close to 7 years to test everyone or close to everyone.

Seven years is way too slow, the year 2027. Need to new simpler, maybe rapid response antibody tests cranked out.

Open factories for making needed things like gloves, tests, masks, and put a lot of people back to work.
Agree on getting the PPE and more importantly the pharma manufacturing back from China. It's on our strategic interest and we simply can't trust China. Even Trump haters have to admit that Trump is way ahead of any other politician in the past 30 years trying to get that done with these new trade deals.

My view is that the projects of US citizens should or maybe governed best at the local up to the Fed level depending on how widespread the project covers and makes sense.

The virus doesnt know state lines so testing and a major response to covid should be led majorly by the Feds which they are not doing.

An interstate system is just that it goes from state to state and should be Fed overall but as we know the states get funds for contractors to do the work.

The military covers all the states so should be mainly Fed but States have their own Guard etc.

Weather and agriculture of course travel across states as do railroads and other commerce so there needs to be Feds overseeing this.

I am a former educator but I think Education is mostly done in each State and Local area as students do not usually cross State or county lines. I think the Fed Education Dept could and maybe should be made smaller to mainly work on education research etc to pass on info to local educators.

Energy is now interstate and somewhat shared so should have a big Fed presence especially with nuclear aspects.

Special education in the hands of local and state would be a disaster.

Special education in the hands of local and state would be a disaster.

You must know a fair amount on this issue and I do not. But you can post your reasoning here or send me a personal message because I am always ready to learn and am interested in educational matters.

It is so easy to stage a photo or image and make up a damning headline.

I am just surprised that anyone on this board would believe every image and tweet they see. Amazing lack of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.