Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, I'm too dumb to figure that out.

I don't think TK is purposefully making the font big. He's just doing a copy and paste, and that is how it comes over.

TK, if you paste the text into notepad, then copy it again from notepad, that will normalize the font.

In exchange for my help, will you answer if you are against taking vaccines?

I don't think TK is purposefully making the font big. He's just doing a copy and paste, and that is how it comes over.

TK, if you paste the text into notepad, then copy it again from notepad, that will normalize the font.

In exchange for my help, will you answer if you are against taking vaccines?
You're probably the only person on here that doesn't realize they are screenshots.

When I see a live stream of a guy walking into an empty ER, yeah, I'll believe that over an NPR story.
There's plenty of areas that haven't even been hit by the virus yet so of course there are empty hospitals. Do you think the virus is evenly spread everywhere? Also do you think the local news could get away with doing a fake story on how packed Mercy hospital is in Des Moines without half of the city knowing it was bs? I know the media exaggerates for ratings. But I don't see how they could run a story that was such a blatant lie that was so easy for all the views to figure out. Sure it's easy for people in Iowa to believe a fake story about full hospitals in New York. But those people in New York would all know it was fake and it would blow up in their faces bad.

Just seriously think about what I just said and you will have to agree. Think of the hospital closest to where you live. Then think about how bad it would look if the media said it was full when everyone living there knows it's empty. I know you never want to see the other side of something or put any thought into if it might be true. But seriously, just think about that scenario for one minute and let me know what you think.

I thought about your side, wondering if it could be true that hospitals are really empty. This post is the thoughts I came up with by actually trying to see the other side. Let me know what thoughts you come up with.

There's plenty of areas that haven't even been hit by the virus yet so of course there are empty hospitals. Do you think the virus is evenly spread everywhere? Also do you think the local news could get away with doing a fake story on how packed Mercy hospital is in Des Moines without half of the city knowing it was bs? I know the media exaggerates for ratings. But I don't see how they could run a story that was such a blatant lie that was so easy for all the views to figure out. Sure it's easy for people in Iowa to believe a fake story about full hospitals in New York. But those people in New York would all know it was fake and it would blow up in their faces bad.
Ironically, most of the videos I've seen are from NYC. Why would you find it difficult to believe the MSM could run a story that was a blatant lie, when they've been shown to do it over and over? CBS keeps that blatant lie about the nurse losing her job up on their Twitter despite it thoroughly being debunked. CBS keeps using that footage from Italy as if it is in, now, two different states (see my post above). Why do you blindly believe what you see from these sources?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...lack-of-medical-masks-is-a-fake-news-n2566434

IMG_20200330_132741.jpg

Both of you are right. In areas where the virus is not prolific hospitals are furloughing staff and asking others to take a pay decrease. Due to the ban on elective surgeries and people avoiding the hospital all together if they can, they are losing a lot of money.

On the other side though, the areas that have been hard hit they are facing a big issue with staff shortages and overworking.

My wife is a nurse and our area doesn't have many cases. Her hospital is empty and they are cancelling nurses shifts all over the place. She also receives multiple offers every day to go to New York and work for 3 weeks for large amounts of money.

I think certain states will open up sooner than others, if not certain parts of states.

Large groups (concerts, sporting events) will be the last to come back. But those are luxuries, not necessities, and we need necessities like restaurants, businesses, and schools to come back first. If schools don't open by May 1st they are definitely done for the year. Many think they already are anyway.

Just curious but how are restaurants a necessity? I'd think they'd fall into the luxury heading. Aside from the economic factor and the amount of employees it would bring back to the workforce, I don't see it being a necessity to anyone working outside of that industry, but rather a service that satisfies a want versus provides a need.

I do agree with you on the school situation and find it odd that they're still preaching no gatherings of more than 10 individuals yet even opening up the conversation of schools opening May 1st. I simply don't see how we can push for social distancing and minimizing social gatherings to 10 or fewer people, but then send the kids back to school to finish out the school year. Seems like a huge contradiction.

When hou have under reported stories like this from medical people who are probably just as qualified as those who are telling us to prepare to shelter in place for months, it just lends Creedence to the conspiracy theorists who say this is all an attempt to slow the economy, give the government a bigger role, and make a person I won't mention look bad in an election year.

I would think one of the purposes of social distancing is to buy time. Buy time for some therapeutic meds to come into production, like perhaps the hydroxochoraquine, within a month or two, buy time for the warmer weather to hit when the COVID-19 isn't quite as deadly. Surely, Fauci, Blix and others would know that social distancing would just prolong things and make it worse in long run, wouldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts