Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, most of the videos I've seen are from NYC. Why would you find it difficult to believe the MSM could run a story that was a blatant lie, when they've been shown to do it over and over? CBS keeps that blatant lie about the nurse losing her job up on their Twitter despite it thoroughly being debunked. CBS keeps using that footage from Italy as if it is in, now, two different states (see my post above). Why do you blindly believe what you see from these sources?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...lack-of-medical-masks-is-a-fake-news-n2566434

View attachment 6629
Hey thanks for the response! I get the arguement "they lied about one thing, so they could lie about another". But to me, there is a huge difference in a story that can be explained away if you get caught and one that is an outright lie that the entire community would sniff out right away. If they do a story about a nurse who quit because she didn't have PPE and get caught, they could say they didn't check the source, or the people who "caught" her are lying. Those pictures you showed could be proof of an exaggeration. But they could just as easily be people staging the pictures to discredit media. If the media did do it, they can get away with denying it and most people just won't know either way so won't really care. In a story where the entire community will know right away that it's a lie, there is no way you will ever get away with it and there is no way you can explain it away sighting false accusations, bad sources, or editing mistakes.

To put it short, there is nothing to gain from running an outright lie when you have zero chance of getting away with it. The people who live next to those hospitals would eat those news channels alive on social media it the hospitals were empty and they said they were full. I'm not talking a random person here or there. I'm talking their entire feed full of them getting called out. Hundreds of posts in a row of nothing but callouts.

Why would you find it difficult to believe the MSM could run a story that was a blatant lie, when they've been shown to do it over and over?

The MSM lying to you narrative has been extremely successful. As if the non-MSM media has a perfect record of not getting things wrong. All media outlets have "lied" to us, if you group them all up.

But replace "the MSM" with "anyone".

Why would you find it difficult to believe that anyone could run a story that was a blatant lie, when anyone been shown to do it over and over?

You suddenly realize you have no ability to process what is the truth. Which is the #1 goal of disinformation/propaganda.

The only people you trust are the ones who are telling you someone else is lying to you.

Some people are just hard wired to eat that stuff up.

Just curious but how are restaurants a necessity? I'd think they'd fall into the luxury heading. Aside from the economic factor and the amount of employees it would bring back to the workforce, I don't see it being a necessity to anyone working outside of that industry, but rather a service that satisfies a want versus provides a need.

I do agree with you on the school situation and find it odd that they're still preaching no gatherings of more than 10 individuals yet even opening up the conversation of schools opening May 1st. I simply don't see how we can push for social distancing and minimizing social gatherings to 10 or fewer people, but then send the kids back to school to finish out the school year. Seems like a huge contradiction.
We just have to see what happens in the next two weeks. I think a call would have to be made by two weeks from tomorrow.

I would think one of the purposes of social distancing is to buy time. Buy time for some therapeutic meds to come into production, like perhaps the hydroxochoraquine, within a month or two, buy time for the warmer weather to hit when the COVID-19 isn't quite as deadly. Surely, Fauci, Blix and others would know that social distancing would just prolong things and make it worse in long run, wouldn't they?
Dr Fauci sometimes doesn't know his head from his you know what. He is backpedaling from his original death predictions. You know the ones he based off the charts and tables that scared governors into shutting down the country.

The fact that he is revising on the fly as we speak tells us one thing. Despite all the credit we give to social distancing, and it does deserve considerable mention, the bottom line is that Dr Fauci's original charts and predictions were for the birds.

Dr Fauci sometimes doesn't know his head from his you know what. He is backpedaling from his original death predictions. You know the ones he based off the charts and tables that scared governors into shutting down the country.

The fact that he is revising on the fly as we speak tells us one thing. Despite all the credit we give to social distancing, and it does deserve considerable mention, the bottom line is that Dr Fauci's original charts and predictions were for the birds.

The social isolation helps keep the numbers down.

The numbers being down doesn't then me we didn't need social isolation.

Just curious but how are restaurants a necessity? I'd think they'd fall into the luxury heading. Aside from the economic factor and the amount of employees it would bring back to the workforce, I don't see it being a necessity to anyone working outside of that industry, but rather a service that satisfies a want versus provides a need.

I do agree with you on the school situation and find it odd that they're still preaching no gatherings of more than 10 individuals yet even opening up the conversation of schools opening May 1st. I simply don't see how we can push for social distancing and minimizing social gatherings to 10 or fewer people, but then send the kids back to school to finish out the school year. Seems like a huge contradiction.
Its not just the restaurant employees. It's the companies that manufacture, sell and deliver the food for the restaurants. It's the farmers who grow the food that is sold, manufactured, and delivered. It's probably other spokes of the wheel too numerous to mention.

It's a big part of our economy, even if you want to seem it as a want and a luxury over a necessity and a need.

The social isolation helps keep the numbers down.

The numbers being down doesn't then me we didn't need social isolation.
Yes and I said that.

And the numbers were never going to get as high as people said and I've probably devoted 100 post in the thread to that subject.

There's a curve of herd mentality growing right behind the virus curve that will eventually overtake it, plus the medical breakthroughs we can make.

April9_map.png

Millennials can't cook.

But Kirk Ferentz said I should trust Fauci. I'm so confused. :confused:

Yes and I said that.

And the numbers were never going to get as high as people said and I've probably devoted 100 post in the thread to that subject.

There's a curve of herd mentality growing right behind the virus curve that will eventually overtake it, plus the medical breakthroughs we can make.

Well, I would say the numbers could have gotten much worse if we didn't social isolation.

And there was a LOT of talk of not doing that. Which is why the panic level for some went to 10.

I'm not saying you said that.

Even in the 9 states that don't have official stay at home orders. People are generally saying people are self isolating anyways.

3 weeks ago it did not sound like everyone was on board.

So yeah, initial death counts were higher, because expectations for self isolation were lower. The two go hand in hand.

Its not just the restaurant employees. It's the companies that manufacture, sell and deliver the food for the restaurants. It's the farmers who grow the food that is sold, manufactured, and delivered. It's probably other spokes of the wheel too numerous to mention.

It's a big part of our economy, even if you want to seem it as a want and a luxury over a necessity and a need.

Makes sense. I was thinking from a consumer perspective and not from the business side of it. Definitely see your point.

Many would assume the social-distancing measures have had a huge impact on the way this has unfolded, although I am sure it is difficult to prove just how things would have unfolded had we gone about our business.

Well we have actual evidence of spread of Spanish Flu in the Autumn of 1918 after the Philadephia parade. It didnt go well.

Today's experts have models that show what happens to the spread with no actions taken. The statisticians, modeling and computer people can look at recent video and pictures of people mixing in NYC for an extra 3 weeks, no masks on, going to work, fixing food and breathing on customers and bars and restaurants. I am sure they can look at these pictures and get the average distance between people, the number of people, number of contacts, and get a good idea.

I don't agree with saying he's backpedaling. He has more information now, and he's never said anything other than those numbers were only his best guess projection based in the info they have. If I predicted iowa wins the big 10 next year, would you say I was backpedaling if I changed my mind when Garza left? In my mind it's just adjusting a calculation after you have more data. Something everyone should do.

And how do you know is original projections were for the birds? For all we know, they were really close. In one sentence you praise social distancing for helping, and in the next you act like there was no reason to do it. If he waited until he had all the data he needed before scaring governors, it would have been too late. Some argue we did it too late anyway. If it was really a bad decision, the world would already know it was and things would be opening back up. Instead, smaller countries are following suit and doing it. Those countries have a lot more data to go off of and they all still think it was the right call.

Well we have actual evidence of spread of Spanish Flu in the Autumn of 1918 after the Philadephia parade. It didnt go well.

Today's experts have models that show what happens to the spread with no actions taken. The statisticians, modeling and computer people can look at recent video and pictures of people mixing in NYC for an extra 3 weeks, no masks on, going to work, fixing food and breathing on customers and bars and restaurants. I am sure they can look at these pictures and get the average distance between people, the number of people, number of contacts, and get a good idea.
These people that do thos for a living have a lot more data and knowledge than people give them credit for. They know without a doubt that this is a really bad virus. They knew early and they acted while all us idiots did (including me) was try to calculate a death rate with a few numbers. Like we somehow thought of something those life long professionals didn't. I feel stupid looking back at me doing that.

It is but is it also creating situations like the one that broke out at Cedar Rapids Bever Park yesterday? Those kids would normally be in school at two in the afternoon, if not high school sports.

The real challenge is ahead as the weather breaks and people are asked to shelter "just a little longer". And "two more weeks" becomes two more weeks, then four more weeks. There is potential for real turmoil in big cities like Chicago, etc.

Why, what happened yesterday in Bever Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts