Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By credibility, you mean if it isn't left wing, it's not credible.

Actually, I'm pretty conservative on many issues, likely more than you on some. I make a habit of listening to liberals... Like Rush :cool:

Seriously, you have me pegged wrong. Some conservative publications and talking heads are total idiots. Works on both sides.

I'm a conservative who understands why some are upset with Leach's latest stupidity for example.

I've been trying to practice this for a long time. I've seen too many people not washing their hands after going #2.

I hate the paper/book finger wetting licking habits.
200.webp

We are in a really bad situation and the media is trying hard to make that really bad situation look even more terrible than it is for better ratings. That doesn't mean that the really bad situation has to be no big deal at all luke you suggest. Your arguement is like saying if someone tries to pass an 8 off as a 10, she must be butt ugly, otherwise why would they say shes a 10.

Where did I ever say it was no big deal? Seasonal flu sucks, especially if you already have an ongoing health issue. Yes. We are in a bad situation. But why? Which came first - the bad situation or the blatant lies and misrepresentation?

tksirius has provided enough (even though there is much more) info that shows a purposeful agenda to distort the truth.

I'll ask again - if what the media is presenting is truth why resort to all the shenanigans in attempt to prop us said "truth"?

Where did I ever say it was no big deal? Seasonal flu sucks, especially if you already have an ongoing health issue. Yes. We are in a bad situation. But why? Which came first - the bad situation or the blatant lies and misrepresentation?

tksirius has provided enough (even though there is much more) info that shows a purposeful agenda to distort the truth.

I'll ask again - if what the media is presenting is truth why resort to all the shenanigans in attempt to prop us said "truth"?

First off, seasonal flu is a drop in the hat to what this is, so to compare the two is pretty much saying this is no big deal. Secondly, most, if not all of the shit he posts could just as easily be bull shit as the stuff it's trying to call out for bull shit. It's not like he's quoting repretable sources. Thirdly, I already said why the media is propping it up even worse than it is. To get ratings. And probably some political reasons too.

Are you social distancing?

We are in a really bad situation and the media is trying hard to make that really bad situation look even more terrible than it is for better ratings. That doesn't mean that the really bad situation has to be no big deal at all luke you suggest. Your arguement is like saying if someone tries to pass an 8 off as a 10, she must be butt ugly, otherwise why would they say shes a 10.

Yes, you mention the ratings aspect of the media. Remember Meredith Viera who was a host of the NBC Today Show? When she retired or left the show a few years ago she was making about $10 million a year. Matt Lauer was making about $20+ million a year. The networks and media need to make a bunch of big dough to pay the salaries of their stars. Although for the life of me I cant imagine Lauer being worth that kind of money when so many people bitch about how much money Kirk Ferentz makes when all the pressure is on KF and he does a pretty damn good job of graduating good citizens.

The media is in a circular problem in that they pay big salaries to get eyeballs on their shows or readers on their papers and websites. So they go for hyperbole.

But dont let the conservative right wing crazies give you shit about the mainstream media because Rush Limbaugh and his kind, Alex Jones and his ranting which is delusional witnessed by him losing that lawsuit, Hannity, and Carlson go way over the top , I mean way over the top spewing out unproven, and never proven conspiracy theories. And why , well for ratings and to make money.

Gee, surprise surprise.

New poll today. 80% of Americans, republicans and democrats, approve of the information presented by Dr. Fauci. Interesting. Multiple poll report by USA Today with clear data.
Thats scary. Fauci doesn't want to restart the economy, let alone promote large gatherings, until more stringent testing is in place, if not a vaccination.

There are certain people who want more government involvement in the economy anyway. Always have, always will.

She kind of explained the other day how she didn't feel comfortable or think was fair to shut down the entire state of Iowa, when we are pretty much taking those measures now anyway, when it might not be fair for a number of counties that don't have any cases or very few.

She also explained how the metric works, what makes up the numbers and the reasoning for it. Much of it is measuring the cases, hospitalizations, and availability of beds (ICU as well) and vents.
Many local newspaper editorial boards, including Dubuque's are taking the angle that a governor order shutdown would wield more menace and promote more social distancing.

Iowa's low numbers of confirmed cases seem to indicate fhat many people know what to do without a governor telling them to do it, which has been Reynolds' point all along.

Wow. I usually enjoy this board, quite a bit. But man, there’s some serious negativity and bitching, complaining and quite frankly ‘Braska type antics with y’all going at each like you guys are experts or something.

look on the bright side, perhaps selfishly. If you’re reading this you ain’t pushing up daisies. Probably ain’t on a ventilator. Probably aren’t even in a hospital. Hopefully some of you are still working. Hopefully some of you snuggle up next to a woman who is letting you slide one past the goalie a little more often than normal. It’s still America, and you’re still Hawkeye fans.

Rob - can you make a rule that every negative post has to be followed by a positive post?
We are historically busy at work. I was out until nearly 8:30 today. Our drivers must take a ten hour break before they can drive again. There is also a limit for weekly hours.

We are historically busy at work. I was out until nearly 8:30 today. Our drivers must take a ten hour break before they can drive again. There is also a limit for weekly hours.

Well, kudos to you, for the for the job you are doing.

The ability for getting things delivered does have an impact on preventing the spread and saving lives.

I stand by my prediction that fewer Chicago residents will die from this than died from the 1995 heat wave.
I don't want to bet on people's lives, but taking the over on that one would be easy money. The only way I would lose is if they came up with a kick ass treatment within the next 6 months.

Why do you suppose the little twerp badmouths hydroxychloroquine when he was praising it several years ago?

20200408_221010.jpg

I don't want to bet on people's lives, but taking the over on that one would be easy money. The only way I would lose is if they came up with a kick ass treatment within the next 6 months.
Well they're not even halfway there and they're hopeful that deaths will peak this week or next.

I'm talking fatalities in the city of Chicago. Nearly 1,000 died in the heat wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts