Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you don't think there's anything wrong with the comments I listed from the left, there's really nothing to talk about.

I left one out. An MSNBC talking head blaming Trump for a guy drinking fish tank cleaner because Trump said they hydrox medication was showing promise. But I guess that person is trustworthy?

The man was a fool, bottom line.....

:cool:

You do know that the wife of the dead guy who drank the fish tank cleaner with hydoxychloroquine in it said they did it exactly because they heard Trump say it seems to be a good drug to fight the virus. She was interviewed and on tape.

What Trump said nearly at least 3 weeks ago about this drug was totally premature and dangerous since this drug has some bad side effects including heart problems which is what this older guy died from iifc

So say it was true 3 weeks ago that it was a miracle drug, the FDA approved it for COVID, and ever doctor around the country confirmed it works great. Who do you blame then for the stupidity of them drinking it? The shit they drank didn't kill them just because the actual drug Trump talks about wasn't FDA approved yet. It killed them because it was highly toxic. That's not even taking into account they didn't even have what it was supposed to cure and they had no idea how much to consume even if it wasn't toxic. If I hear Trump say Advil helps with headaches, so I down the whole bottle and die, I'm kinda responsible for being an idiot.

That story doesn't matter anyway because she murdered her husband and used that as an alibi.

I guess if you don't think there's anything wrong with the comments I listed from the left, there's really nothing to talk about.

I left one out. An MSNBC talking head blaming Trump for a guy drinking fish tank cleaner because Trump said they hydrox medication was showing promise. But I guess that person is trustworthy?

Not defending anyone's reporting if it turns out to be false.

And by all means, keep score of who is telling you what.

But don't lose sight of the reporting that turns out to be true. Because there is a lot of that out there too.

So say it was true 3 weeks ago that it was a miracle drug, the FDA approved it for COVID, and ever doctor around the country confirmed it works great. Who do you blame then for the stupidity of them drinking it? The shit they drank didn't kill them just because the actual drug Trump talks about wasn't FDA approved yet. It killed them because it was highly toxic. That's not even taking into account they didn't even have what it was supposed to cure and they had no idea how much to consume even if it wasn't toxic. If I hear Trump say Advil helps with headaches, so I down the whole bottle and die, I'm kinda responsible for being an idiot.

That story doesn't matter anyway because she murdered her husband and used that as an alibi.

The fish tank cleaner did have hyroxychlorquine phosphate in it as that chemical is used to clean fish tanks by doing some action. The main thing I am saying is it borders on malfeasance and recklessness for a leader to promote something that is not proven as a cure and has bad side effects.

tumblr_pppq960elB1scxiy5_400.gifv

The covid tracking project shows 1.9 million tests have been done which is good but we need a vast amount more especially in hot spots

Unreal.......

FOX NEWS: "Police in Massachusetts are searching for a woman who they say sprayed a Walmart employee in the eyes with Lysol disinfectant.. Leicester police said in a Facebook post-Monday that the unidentified woman sprayed the worker after being informed there was a limit on the number of cans she could buy. The department says the incident took place at the town’s Walmart on March 27."

The fish tank cleaner did have hyroxychlorquine phosphate in it as that chemical is used to clean fish tanks by doing some action. The main thing I am saying is it borders on malfeasance and recklessness for a leader to promote something that is not proven as a cure and has bad side effects.

There is no harm in being optimistic about a drug that you need a prescription to get. If someone is dumb enough to drink something toxic because of one ingredient in it, then whether or not the actual drug was FDA approved has no relevance. The lady banked on people's hatred of Trump being enough to let her get away with murder and she was right. Everyone wants so hard to blame him, they can't see how obvious it was that it was a staged murder. I wonder how much life insurance money she got.

But you'll be happy af to take a vaccine that hasn't been proven as a cure or safe.

There is no harm in being optimistic about a drug that you need a prescription to get. If someone is dumb enough to drink something toxic because of one ingredient in it, then whether or not the actual drug was FDA approved has no relevance. The lady banked on people's hatred of Trump being enough to let her get away with murder and she was right. Everyone wants so hard to blame him, they can't see how obvious it was that it was a staged murder. I wonder how much life insurance money she got.

giphy.gif

For the most part I have found this thread to be a reasonable source of information regarding the virus, especially as it pertains to my home state of Iowa since I now live out of state, but have been visiting it less and less due to the obvious attempts by some posters to use it as a platform to promote poorly veiled political agendas.

Here's my take on the politics of the COVID situation. Let me preface by sharing that my personal political views can range from liberal to conservative depending upon the subject, and, while not always easy, I pride myself on being objective.

As for Trump, for what it's worth, I didn't vote for him and personally think he's an eccentric megalomaniac. And, yes, despite his attempts to dodge the criticism, he did make poorly thought-out statements minimizing the danger of the virus early on - which has had consequences. As with many legislative endeavors during his tenure, he tends to stumble over his own feet resulting in the message getting lost in the delivery. In this case, however, the message and the delivery were both foolish. Some criticism is justified.

That said, not all of his messages are without merit. The resulting attacks however are nevertheless automatic. Despite Trump's obvious shortcomings, the almost maniacal blind hatred for him on the part of the MSM, his political opponents, academia and Hollywood is very real and has created an almost untenable situation for him and his administration. The faith I had in the field of journalism has been lost, as, sadly, integrity has been replaced by fanaticism. I have a good friend who is very far to the left, and even he has embarrassingly - albeit reluctantly - recognized it (the last straw for him was when the pictures being circulated of immigrant children in "cages" were determined to be taken prior to Trump even being in office). Trump's potential stumbles have become "white whales" and those that despise him have collectively become Captain Ahab.

It's time for people to put away the political lenses and their political differences, and focus more on what each can do to actually help. Enough of the agendas. That's my take.

Okay, end of rant. Sorry, Rob. Carry on.

That was very good and objective. Nicely done. Thank you sir!

Go Hawks[/QUOTE]
So heart attacks, strokes, flu, and pneumonia deaths have all declined.... weird.
I guess people can only die of COVID-19 now.

I'm by no means saying that the actual total deaths of covid-19 aren't being inflated due to underlying medical conditions. However, I find it odd that we question how underlying medical conditions are credited to covid 19 deaths, but yet when comparing those other diseases to Covid 19 in terms of annual deaths, the very same argument isn't applied.

Again I think the death totals are being inflated, but in the end people with the virus are still dying. IMO it makes no difference if its a combination of factors that result in death its still a death. I guess I see along the lines of an individual that dies in a fire. Whether they burn to death or die from smoke inhalation the death is still tied directly to the fire.

I do not know what the issues were with the WHO test, so I don't have an informed opinion on that particular issue. We have the absolute best medical companies in this country and the US government should have started ordering tests from US companies the day the travel ban was issued to have a supply ready. Due to the latency of this particular virus, I'm not sure how much it would have helped, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt. The latency and the fact that you can't practicably test every person every day makes it particularly hard to contain. There is speculation China is going on another lockdown after freeing up for a little bit.

Remember they only really had one test in the beginning, and resutls would take days to get back. Hell, with people roaming around asymptomatic, that is a problem. They just recently developed new test where results could be back in 15 minutes but we were already a couple weeks in the pandemic here. All the tests I've seen taken are coming back at about 9.__% being positive. So, about 90% of test coming back negative.

With this nasty robust virus with the long asymptomatic incubation period coupled with how long the virus can live, the only way I see testing everyone would be beneficial would be on the very front end of it where could isolate people right away. Once this virus is out it has proven to be a bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts