Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm by no means saying that the actual total deaths of covid-19 aren't being inflated due to underlying medical conditions. However, I find it odd that we question how underlying medical conditions are credited to covid 19 deaths, but yet when comparing those other diseases to Covid 19 in terms of annual deaths, the very same argument isn't applied.

Again I think the death totals are being inflated, but in the end people with the virus are still dying. IMO it makes no difference if its a combination of factors that result in death its still a death. I guess I see along the lines of an individual that dies in a fire. Whether they burn to death or die from smoke inhalation the death is still tied directly to the fire.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this. But I will say there should be exceptions. If someone is in hospice and given 48 hours to live, then they get COVID and die in 24 hours, I'm not so sure that should count. Most others where the virus finishes someone off who wasn't going to live long should count. Since there is really no way to decide what counts and what shouldn't, and the example I just pointed out is rare anyway, I've got no problem with them all being counted. Especially if they are being transparent with the fact that they are all being counted.

Remember they only really had one test in the beginning, and resutls would take days to get back. Hell, with people roaming around asymptomatic, that is a problem. They just recently developed new test where results could be back in 15 minutes but we were already a couple weeks in the pandemic here. All the tests I've seen taken are coming back at about 9.__% being positive. So, about 90% of test coming back negative.

With this nasty robust virus with the long asymptomatic incubation period coupled with how long the virus can live, the only way I see testing everyone would be beneficial would be on the very front end of it where could isolate people right away. Once this virus is out it has proven to be a bear.
Or if they could give every person in the world teat strips to take every morning before they left the house. That would work really well, but highly unfeasible.

I'm by no means saying that the actual total deaths of covid-19 aren't being inflated due to underlying medical conditions. However, I find it odd that we question how underlying medical conditions are credited to covid 19 deaths, but yet when comparing those other diseases to Covid 19 in terms of annual deaths, the very same argument isn't applied.

Again I think the death totals are being inflated, but in the end people with the virus are still dying. IMO it makes no difference if its a combination of factors that result in death its still a death. I guess I see along the lines of an individual that dies in a fire. Whether they burn to death or die from smoke inhalation the death is still tied directly to the fire.[/QUOTE]

I get that but if a elderly person who is on deaths door with Heart Issues or Cancer and gets covid-19 its's not covid. That is whats happening in some instances.

Covid-19 is a double whammy right now as people recovering from the flu or had the flu and gets Covid-19 that's shitty combination to be put in..

Yep it is testing testing and more testing. I am not sure why the naysayers on this board dont ask their leaders why we do not have millions being tested. I have called, emailed, and sent many letters to my congress people but congress does not have much control of managing this issue.

I think you have tunnel vision on this. Really, it would not do anything now. It's all about isolation, keeping distance, flattening the curve and getting thru the peak.

Because of the lack of testing, it's actually pretty reasonable to think we might be under counting at times as well.

Is it a fools errand to try to figure out if our under counts exceed our over counts?

If people aren't happy with a super accurate death count, maybe we should be asking why we still don't have widely available testing?

Just another example of how that failure is having an impact.

These $1,200 payments people who are suppose to receive from the U.S. Government, has anyone received theirs yet? I don't know if they will send us a check in the email or direct deposit? I'm still working and haven't been laid off, so I'm not sure if I will even receive one being that I am still employed.

I believe every US citizen gets a check. We are a family of 4 and due to get $3,400 I believe.

Like someone said earlier, unless they can test every person every day, it's not gunna help a whole lot. People aren't going to get tested until they feel sick. By then they've probably already spread it. Not to mention the people who never get sick. They will spread it all day every day for a week or two. Now if they could invent test strips to give out in bulk so you could test yourself every morning before leaving the house, we would be in great shape.

This exactly. Well stated. Yea, the woman or man goes to get the test, then decides to stop by the grocery store, FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT, on the way home. The test comes back neg but they ended up picking up the virus at the store so are really positive now, thinking they are negative because of the test.

Kind of an extreme example, but points out the challenge or predicament.

Again I think the death totals are being inflated, but in the end people with the virus are still dying. IMO it makes no difference if its a combination of factors that result in death its still a death. I guess I see along the lines of an individual that dies in a fire. Whether they burn to death or die from smoke inhalation the death is still tied directly to the fire.

I get that but if a elderly person who is on deaths door with Heart Issues or Cancer and gets covid-19 its's not covid. That is whats happening in some instances.

Covid-19 is a double whammy right now as people recovering from the flu or had the flu and gets Covid-19 that's shitty combination to be put in..
Remember when it was considered a conspiracy theory to think that? Then along came the official guidance from the CDC...
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/...w-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

Because of the lack of testing, it's actually pretty reasonable to think we might be under counting at times as well.

Is it a fools errand to try to figure out if our under counts exceed our over counts?

If people aren't happy with a super accurate death count, maybe we should be asking why we still don't have widely available testing?

Just another example of how that failure is having an impact.

Oh we definitely are, there is no doubt about that.

Again I think the death totals are being inflated, but in the end people with the virus are still dying. IMO it makes no difference if its a combination of factors that result in death its still a death. I guess I see along the lines of an individual that dies in a fire. Whether they burn to death or die from smoke inhalation the death is still tied directly to the fire.

Covid-19 is a double whammy right now as people recovering from the flu or had the flu and gets Covid-19 that's shitty combination to be put in..[/QUOTE]

No argument there. My comment was meant more along the lines of the constant comparison between Covid-19 and the flu. The argument towards inflated stats of Covid-19 is constantly brought up, but at the same time its never been mentioned with regards to the flu, but yet I'm sure is inflated as well.

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-nav...ary-da3f08fb-dce1-4f69-89b5-ea048f8382a9.html

In late January, President Trump's economic adviser Peter Navarro warned his White House colleagues the novel coronavirus could take more than half a million American lives and cost close to $6 trillion, according to memos obtained by Axios.

The state of play: By late February, Navarro was even more alarmed, and he warned his colleagues, in another memo, that up to 2 million Americans could die of the virus.

• Navarro's grim estimates are set out in two memos — one dated Jan. 29 and addressed to the National Security Council, the other dated Feb. 23 and addressed to the president. The NSC circulated both memos around the White House and multiple agencies.
  • In the first memo, which the New York Times was first to report on, Navarro makes his case for "an immediate travel ban on China."
  • The second lays the groundwork for supplemental requests from Congress, with the warning: "This is NOT a time for penny-pinching or horse trading on the Hill.

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon defended Navarro's motives, calling the memos "prophetic" and saying Navarro was forced to put his concerns in writing because "there was total blockage to get these facts in front of the President of the United States."

But you'll be happy af to take a vaccine that hasn't been proven as a cure or safe.

If I'm taking one of my last painful gasping breaths, you betcha I'm gonna swallow that stuff, or however you take it.

Oh, and Fauci is not the person everything seems to think he is. Should not be on the task force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts