A lot of smoke(coaches defecting)

This is ridiculous. For one, most programs run an offense based on short routes. Two, calling our recruits "MAC level talent" proves your immense ignorance. Three, you have no idea what you're talking about. Read some of Herby's posts, get informed, and then spout off.

My goodness Ghost. You're getting more and more a name caller.

Pretty hard to pick that apart. McNutt was in my mind anyway as self made as anything. If Campbell wanted to take credit for him to a degree I guess he can. Just imagine if Mcnutt woulda transfered cause he wanted to play qb...That's awhole other topic but name me a WR he helped bring in and he turned into something decent......

I'm curious how one can tell that McNutt was self-made rather than coached up.

I'm curious how one can tell that McNutt was self-made rather than coached up.

Especially considering he came in as a QB. Someone had to teach him the fundamentals regardless his talent level or ability. Soup certainly deserves criticism for his group underperforming, but in all fairness he probably deserves some credit for Mcnutt's collegiate success.

Anytime KF gets rid of someone we will find out when he announces they have a new oppertunity and he thanks them for all they have done. He probley helps them get the new job in most cases. Thats just who he is.
According to the rumors, Soup wants to be an OC. That's not ever going to happen at Iowa, so he leaves. Kaz had a job offer from Nebraska and took it. There's a HUGE difference between firing someone, and not trying hard to bring them back if they have other options/goals. Kind of like the difference between playing to win, and playing not to lose.

Was Albert Young not a RB coach at Colorado. I don't know how he did as a coach or how he can recruit, but he did play in the NFL, and was a good RB while at Iowa.

Also, I would be more happy than disappointed if Erb left. Edit, I would be happy.

Okay, Should I really be that excited?? Please let me know what I'm missing Ghost??:cool:

WR- Derrick Willies: Commit
Offers- Iowa, Northern Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Iowa State and Illinois State.

WR- Andre Davis: Iowa Commit
Offers: Iowa

WR- Matthew Vandeberg: Iowa Commit
Offers: Iowa

WR- Damond Powell: Iowa Commit
Offers: Iowa and Ohio

Where are you getting that info? Andre Davis isn't an Iowa commit. VandeBerg is a walkon. Powell had 1,200 yards in JC last year. I am sure Willies sucks because of his offers though. Got me there.

Is pointing out someone's ignorance really "name calling"?

Judge not, my friend. Since none are perfect what is there to be gained by casting stones about? Nay, I say to you, turn away and let it slide, friend. Peace be into you and goodwill towards all. Tis the season.

Judge not, my friend. Since none are perfect what is there to be gained by casting stones about? Nay, I say to you, turn away and let it slide, friend. Peace be into you and goodwill towards all. Tis the season.

I don't mean to imply that I don't make ignorant statements on occasion. However, if I were to do that, I don't think pointing that out is "name calling".

Whar the announcements?

All these rumors and all the speculation posted throughout, but no official announcements?

#colormedubious

I don't mean to imply that I don't make ignorant statements on occasion. However, if I were to do that, I don't think pointing that out is "name calling".

How am I being ignorant? You are telling me that when you look at the WR's we have currently committed you see Big Ten level talent? Man I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Please share whatever you're smoking.

They're all waiting for their Christmas bonuses before they split.

they learned from the best--KF got his NFL buddies to convince IA admin to ignore nepotism laws and hire his son--not to mention he keeps cashing his lottery-sized paycheck despite getting handled by teams like C. Mich and N'Western on a regular basis.

Why not look out for yourself when that is all that matters to KF (not the program)?

Why does it seem to bother people that BF is on staff. From everything I read he is a very good coach and a up and comeing guy. Seems we are lucky to have him. Just asking ???

Why does it seem to bother people that BF is on staff. From everything I read he is a very good coach and a up and comeing guy. Seems we are lucky to have him. Just asking ???

You know why, it is because he is Ferentz's son. Doesn't matter about anything else, good coach or not. This is just another reason to pile on for people who don't like Ferentz.

I know your right Dave. I just dont think all the Hatred is rational
You know why, it is because he is Ferentz's son. Doesn't matter about anything else, good coach or not. This is just another reason to pile on for people who don't like Ferentz.

I know your right Dave. I just dont think all the Hatred is rational

I am losing faith in KF but I like the hire, he is an up and coming coach. This staff needed younger coaches to come in and breathe some life into this staff and team, they got that with Brian and the new LB's coach LeVar Woods.

Count me as one that thinks he will prove to be a good hire. And as one that would like to see his old man retire.

Latest posts