A lot of smoke(coaches defecting)

I have issues with KF too. But it would be hard to find a coach I agreed with all the time. I could be wrong but I still think he will turn this thing back around. Never going to be OSU but get it back to a couple 10 win seasons. What I dont know is do we have the right OC This past year was painful to watch but I dont think its fair to judge on one year. At least Im not that much of a expert. I understand that some on here are
I am losing faith in KF but I like the hire, he is an up and coming coach. This staff needed younger coaches to come in and breathe some life into this staff and team, they got that with Brian and the new LB's coach LeVar Woods.

I have issues with KF too. But it would be hard to find a coach I agreed with all the time. I could be wrong but I still think he will turn this thing back around. Never going to be OSU but get it back to a couple 10 win seasons. What I dont know is do we have the right OC This past year was painful to watch but I dont think its fair to judge on one year. At least Im not that much of a expert. I understand that some on here are

Don't get me wrong, I want KF to turn it around, I really do. I just don't think he can at this point. Others on here want him to fail so that he can be fired. I don't want him fired, too big of pay out and then what, who replaces him? Not saying that isn't a reason to keep Ferentz but after the Lickliter hire and now the life long contract I think Barta has learned his lesson and if he hasn't well then new President isn't going to keep him around much longer.

I am worried about who will replace KF eventually, maybe he won't be better, maybe he will but either way it is all out of my hands. I am just trying to sit back and enjoy the ride but this past season was horrible, almost unbearable at times.

Why does it seem to bother people that BF is on staff. From everything I read he is a very good coach and a up and comeing guy. Seems we are lucky to have him. Just asking ???

I am losing faith in KF but I like the hire, he is an up and coming coach. This staff needed younger coaches to come in and breathe some life into this staff and team, they got that with Brian and the new LB's coach LeVar Woods.

Well, there's two of you.

Honestly, I do not know whether Brian is a good hire or not. I can agree the staff needed to get younger to counter-balance a coach stuck in 1980s style football. But was Brian absolutely the best assistant available out there? Really? Or was this a "safe" hire by a coach who many of us think plays it that way on and off the field too often?

Honestly, I do not know whether Brian is a good hire or not. I can agree the staff needed to get younger to counter-balance a coach stuck in 1980s style football. But was Brian absolutely the best assistant available out there? Really? Or was this a "safe" hire by a coach who many of us think plays it that way on and off the field too often?

I don't know who applied for the job, so we won't know for sure. Plus in the end as long as he is successful as a coach, does it really matter?

Maybe he won't be successful, well that would just be another reason for people to say why KF sucks.

I don't know who applied for the job, so we won't know for sure. Plus in the end as long as he is successful as a coach, does it really matter?

Maybe he won't be successful, well that would just be another reason for people to say why KF sucks.
The anti-everything do not have any answears or do they care to propose any. They just want to *****.

Not sure that I agree with this being a "safe" hire. Maybe I'm nieve, but I don't think that a coach who has recently been under heavy scrutiny by this fanbase would bring his own son on to the staff to simply play it "safe". I think he obviously felt that BF has a great deal to bring to this program, because if it doesn't pan out then it's going to cost him even more in the long run simply because it is his son. IMO, and I may be wrong, this choice was anything but safe simply because it could be very detrimental to both his future and Brian's young career if it doesn't pan out. I understand the mentality that Kirk hiring his son could be considered a "safe" thing to do, but I see it as the exact opposite.

Not sure that I agree with this being a "safe" hire. Maybe I'm nieve, but I don't think that a coach who has recently been under heavy scrutiny by this fanbase would bring his own son on to the staff to simply play it "safe". I think he obviously felt that BF has a great deal to bring to this program, because if it doesn't pan out then it's going to cost him even more in the long run simply because it is his son. IMO, and I may be wrong, this choice was anything but safe simply because it could be very detrimental to both his future and Brian's young career if it doesn't pan out. I understand the mentality that Kirk hiring his son could be considered a "safe" thing to do, but I see it as the exact opposite.

I never thought about it that way before. That is a great point Kicker!

"Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here. It has fallen." - Lt. Col. Frank Slade

to judge him you have to look at the things he does on the recruiting trail, and you have to look at how the OL was doing, until the PSU game the OL improved every game with 3 1st year starters. they were opening holes that Weisman gained 600 yards in 4 games. he got hurt right before the OT period of the MSU game, but Iowa beat MSU to go 4-2,
in the PSU game both Scherff the starting LT and Donnal the starting RG went out for the season, and both were RSSO, from there without 2 of the best OL and Weisman they went 0-6
to think this had nothing to do with the way the season ended would shortsighted.
having our 2 best OL back with a healthy RB and 3-4 healthy backups at the RB spot no reason not to expect them to better
the 3 top running backs
Weiman 815 rushing and 90 yards receiving
Bullock 513 rushing and 167 yards receiving
Canzeri coming off a RS with 114 total yards and 28 yards receiving as a FR
that makes 1442 yards rushing and 285 yards receiving returning
Iowa will have the leading receiver back
WR KMM 52 catches 571 yards
and the TE CJ 45 FOR 455 yards
with better excution out of the QB we should be just fine

to judge him you have to look at the things he does on the recruiting trail, and you have to look at how the OL was doing, until the PSU game the OL improved every game with 3 1st year starters. they were opening holes that Weisman gained 600 yards in 4 games. he got hurt right before the OT period of the MSU game, but Iowa beat MSU to go 4-2,
in the PSU game both Scherff the starting LT and Donnal the starting RG went out for the season, and both were RSSO, from there without 2 of the best OL and Weisman they went 0-6
to think this had nothing to do with the way the season ended would shortsighted.
having our 2 best OL back with a healthy RB and 3-4 healthy backups at the RB spot no reason not to expect them to better
the 3 top running backs
Weiman 815 rushing and 90 yards receiving
Bullock 513 rushing and 167 yards receiving
Canzeri coming off a RS with 114 total yards and 28 yards receiving as a FR
that makes 1442 yards rushing and 285 yards receiving returning
Iowa will have the leading receiver back
WR KMM 52 catches 571 yards
and the TE CJ 45 FOR 455 yards
with better excution out of the QB we should be just fine

Fine as in another 5-7 year or are we back???

I agree with this, actually.

Heard Ferentz sat down with Erb, Campbell and Wilson and told them they can start looking for different jobs. Ferentz said he wasnt going to fire them, but would prefer them to actively pursue other jobs. I asked why doesnt he just fire them? Was told he wont fire them which doesnt make any sense. Its Kirk Ferentz though, a lot of things he does dont make any sense.

Heard Ferentz sat down with Erb, Campbell and Wilson and told them they can start looking for different jobs. Ferentz said he wasnt going to fire them, but would prefer them to actively pursue other jobs. I asked why doesnt he just fire them? Was told he wont fire them which doesnt make any sense. Its Kirk Ferentz though, a lot of things he does dont make any sense.

#breakingnews

Boy, that would make a really awesome working environment if they were unable to find new jobs!

The assistants are prolly gonna try and ride it out so they can collect an unemployment check... haha

Source?

Boy, that would make a really awesome working environment if they were unable to find new jobs!

Thats what I thought. I guess if they dont find something he will fire them, but will give them the opportunity to find another job before that happens. Sounds like either way those 3 will not be back.

Sounds like Chris Doyle feels handcuffed as well. The Rhabdo thing has really taken a toll. His workouts are extremely scaled back compared to what they use to be. Feels, with the athlete Iowa is able to recruit they need to go above and beyond and he just cant push them that far anymore.

It sounds like its an ideal situation right now within the football program. LOL

so, really nothing new on this then.

hummm, my guess is no changes till after signing day. don't want to risk losing any more recruits.

Latest posts