2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

Tory Miller has an Iowa offer again. Originally a 2013 PF from MO, he reclassified and was a HS teammate of David Kravish. Miller is 6-8, 250 lb bruiser and also has a Cal offer as well where Kravish is and Iowa was his second choice.

Ryan Luther a 6-8, 200 lb SF out of Pennsylvania has an Iowa offer.
Justin Tillman a 6-7, 185 lb SF out of Detroit Pershing has an Iowa offer.

Fran is definitely looking at athletic players in this class, some may not have all the hype around them, but are the athletic types to compliment the current roster who can grow into quality basketball players.

Current offers/status:

Lourawls Nairn - uncommitted
Tyler Ulis - uncommited
Jordan Barnett - uncommitted
Malek Harris - Marquette
Bryant McIntosh - uncommitted
Ryan Luther - uncommitted
Sandy Cohen - Marquette
Josh Cunningham - uncommitted
Tory Miller - uncommitted
Justin Tillman - uncommitted
Sam Logwood - uncommitted
Larry Austin, Jr. - uncommitted
Michael Humphrey - uncommitted
Dominique Uhl - uncommitted
Marvin Clark - uncommitted

Milik Yarborough, Delshon Strickland and Miles Reynolds report offers of dubious authenticity.

How is Fran not getting guys over Marquette? Let's get rid of him now, I simply cannot believe this crap.
Looking at that list; I am hoping some athletic wings join in, even if they are raw talents. Tory Miller is an interesting player to me, Fran offered him when he was in the 2013 class and has an offer out to him again. 6-8, 250 lb bruiser.

Wunder...just trying to share your angst for the 2014 0 commits at this point.

Current offers/status:

Lourawls Nairn - Kansas lean -- maybe Kansas State since they missed on Austin
Tyler Ulis - uncommited
Jordan Barnett - Texas
Malek Harris - Marquette
Bryant McIntosh - uncommitted
Ryan Luther - uncommitted
Sandy Cohen - Marquette
Josh Cunningham - Oklahoma lean
Tory Miller - uncommitted
Justin Tillman - uncommitted
Sam Logwood - uncommitted
Larry Austin, Jr. - Tennessee
Michael Humphrey - uncommitted (doubtful he will go Iowa -- too many bigger programs involved)
Dominique Uhl - uncommitted
Marvin Clark - uncommitted

Milik Yarborough, Delshon Strickland and Miles Reynolds report offers of dubious authenticity.

Ulis would be nice, but it's looking like a best case would be something like

Uhl
Logwood
Lindsey

Iowa needs a couple of NCAA trips to get out of state 4 stars. Program is still a tough sell to a top 100 kid from Illinois or Michigan or wherever.

Uhl
Logwood
Lindsey

Iowa needs a couple of NCAA trips to get out of state 4 stars. Program is still a tough sell to a top 100 kid from Illinois or Michigan or wherever.

Well, Iowa will have one after this year and I think that is all it is going to take to be honest. In doing what they have done since Fran has gotten there, Iowa needs just one break out year. Also, Iowa is going to be a good program for a while and if kids are actually paying attention to that they will see Iowa is going to be a regular again in the NCAA tourney.

Uhl
Logwood
Lindsey

Logwood is 4* and #78 in his class per ESPN.
Sam Logwood - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Tillman is also 4* per ESPN.
Justin Tillman - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Also don't understand why Lindsey is rated so low. In particular, I think Logwood could be an instant impact player for us. I really like his motor and skills. If we don't get Ulis, we've already started the legwork on Brunson for 2015. After this season, that shouldn't be as hard a sell if he wants in the B1G. Plus, there's still Nairn for 2014 if he gets his head out of the clouds about KU.

Tyus Jones supposedly to announce for Duke, with Okafor.

If so, Ulis probably to MSU.

We can argue stars and ratings -- Rivals has Logwood and Tillman much lower than ESPN. Honestly, I think Logwood and Tillman are stretches. The staff is only just in on both of them, and they both have offers from equal/better programs than Iowa at this point, as as some of the top 50 kids start to clear the board, may pick up committable offers from Oregon, MSU, Xavier, Marquette -- better programs at this point than Iowa.

The staff were in on three quality kids early, they blew up, and they seem to have moved on. That's got to be tough.

Uhl, Lindsey, and Luther would be ok -- on the balance, a slightly better class coming out of HS than McCabe, Marble, and Basabe.

If the ranked out-of-state guys take a pass this year, summer 2014 is pivotal for Fran if he's going to move Iowa consistently into the top half of the B1G. You need some quality freshman in place when Gesell-Woodbury-Utoff are seniors.

Tyus Jones supposedly to announce for Duke, with Okafor.

If so, Ulis probably to MSU.

We can argue stars and ratings -- Rivals has Logwood and Tillman much lower than ESPN. Honestly, I think Logwood and Tillman are stretches. The staff is only just in on both of them, and they both have offers from equal/better programs than Iowa at this point, as as some of the top 50 kids start to clear the board, may pick up committable offers from Oregon, MSU, Xavier, Marquette -- better programs at this point than Iowa.

The staff were in on three quality kids early, they blew up, and they seem to have moved on. That's got to be tough.

Uhl, Lindsey, and Luther would be ok -- on the balance, a slightly better class coming out of HS than McCabe, Marble, and Basabe.

If the ranked out-of-state guys take a pass this year, summer 2014 is pivotal for Fran if he's going to move Iowa consistently into the top half of the B1G. You need some quality freshman in place when Gesell-Woodbury-Utoff are seniors.

I agree that if no impact players come in 2014, then the 2015 class is pivotal.

Concerning Logwood and Tillman, who do you think are their favorites? I honestly don't see anyone who's offered them that IA can't legitimately compete with. Perhaps that is why the staff feel that offers to them at this point can be constructive.

Concerning Logwood and Tillman, who do you think are their favorites? I honestly don't see anyone who's offered them that IA can't legitimately compete with. Perhaps that is why the staff feel that offers to them at this point can be constructive.

I would love for Iowa to get Nzei, and Uhl. They are both long and very athletic. We would have guys from Germany, Africa, and England on the team if they commit.

Word is that Tillman would love an MSU offer, but it probably won't come. ISU or Xavier? Iowa can compete with either, but then again the Hawks lost E.C. Matthews to freaking Rhode Island....

Logwood, who knows? Hopefully Dillard is getting in good with the kid. Marvin Clark might have more upside, and has earned some better offers than Logwood this summer.

Word is that Tillman would love an MSU offer, but it probably won't come. ISU or Xavier? Iowa can compete with either, but then again the Hawks lost E.C. Matthews to freaking Rhode Island....

Logwood, who knows? Hopefully Dillard is getting in good with the kid. Marvin Clark might have more upside, and has earned some better offers than Logwood this summer.

Iowa backed off Matthews after deciding to go with Jok with their one scholarship for 2013 before Ingram left. And that Iowa team was coming off an 18-win season vs a 25-win season.

Does Marvin Clark have an outside shot? I haven't seen it on tape.
Logwood definitely does: Sam Logwood Highlight Mixtape - YouTube
Clark is certainly more physical, but not more athletic. Clark would definitely cement a relationship with a top BB HS in Sunrise Academy and might encourage Nairn to join him.

Tillman seems a bit slight for MSU's frontcourt, but then I think the same thing about them recruiting Ulis for their backcourt.

Lindsey does have some athletic ability at 6'3-4": Scott Lindsey Basketball Class of 2014 with Indiana State Offer - Fenwick High School Illinois - YouTube
He might be worth an offer if his outside shot is consistent.

Lindsey's shot was falling in AAU -- why his stock has risen.

If Cunningham and Ulis are indeed slipping out of the picture, then Uhl, Nzei, and Logwood would be a reasonable class, look for a juco or late commit 2 for the spring. Nzei might have more development in him than Tillman because of less basketball under his belt at the same age.

Latest posts