2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

I'm bumping this thread to see if anybody knows what's currently going on now. Are we close to filling that last scholarship?

I'm bumping this thread to see if anybody knows what's currently going on now. Are we close to filling that last scholarship?

Looks like Fran signed another 'tweener. Looks OK if you're needing 'tweeners but it seems to me Fran is more in need of a power forward or two and a true center. I'm disappointed, to be honest. But welcome award Mr. Williams!

Iowa Signs Williams, Rounds Out Recruiting Class

University of Iowa head men’s basketball coach Fran McCaffery announced today that Christian Williams has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University of Iowa.

Williams (6-foot-6, 195 pounds) played his prep basketball at St. Teresa High School in Illinois where he became the school’s all-time leading scorer and ranks in the top-20 in scoring in Macon County with 1,587 points. The two-time all-state and three-time first-team all-league selection posted 20 career double-doubles and helped the Bulldogs win 20 games all four years on varsity.

Fran has to be really high on this kid. If you're loaded at a position, there is no need to bring in another player at that position unless you are really sold on him. Especially when you have such huge needs at other positions. Using that thought process and after hearing he plays point guard for his aau team and has a 7' wingspan, i am more excited about him than any other recruit.

Latest posts