2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

Check out the new Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting site:
Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting

It discusses a lot of the guys you've heard of here.

I actually play ball with Casey Schlatters older brother on the weekends. He is the head ball coach at BCLUW. His brother is one of the best ball players I've ever played against, and he tells me Casey is much better than he was at the same age.

so, just to confirm, we didn't have any official visits this season? isn't that pretty weird? three schollies to give and no official visits makes me a bit nervous. i know it's a long way to go till November and the early signing period, but it would be at least a little assuring to have one in the bag by now.

all that said, we've got a pretty full roster, so it's not like we're in desperation mode for immediate needs.

good link! this article in particular is interesting Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting: Geographical recruiting focus contracting?

i'm interested to see where the staff goes in the future. if they'll keep casting the net wide, or focus their efforts on the midwest. sure would help if the state of Iowa keeps kicking out high end players!

so, just to confirm, we didn't have any official visits this season? isn't that pretty weird? three schollies to give and no official visits makes me a bit nervous. i know it's a long way to go till November and the early signing period, but it would be at least a little assuring to have one in the bag by now.

all that said, we've got a pretty full roster, so it's not like we're in desperation mode for immediate needs.

OVs only take place during an athletes senior year, so they'll happen between the start of school and signing day in November.

OVs only take place during an athletes senior year, so they'll happen between the start of school and signing day in November.

Ahhh. Thanks. I thought Gesell was taking OV's last year to catch the games. And that Caesar kid the year before. So, those were just unofficials then? Yeah, I'm definitely not up to speed on the recruiting rules.

Ahhh. Thanks. I thought Gesell was taking OV's last year to catch the games. And that Caesar kid the year before. So, those were just unofficials then? Yeah, I'm definitely not up to speed on the recruiting rules.

Gessell took unofficial visits to Iowa City during his senior year. He had signed in November. Guerrero didn't sign until the late signing period in April of his senior year, so he was able to to take OVs during basketball season.

Gessell took unofficial visits to Iowa City during his senior year. He had signed in November. Guerrero didn't sign until the late signing period in April of his senior year, so he was able to to take OVs during basketball season.

Damn man, you're a genius! Shows how much I've been paying attention...

Fran was at the NY2LA Extravaganza High School AAU tournament this past weekend at Minneapolis, MN. I also saw Bo Ryan among other coaches there. I talked to Brad Lohaus, he was there watching his son play.
He thought Fran was doing a good job at Iowa!

I forgot to mention that one of the High schools that hosted the tournament was Minnetonka H.S. That is where former Hawkeye Anthony Tucker played.

This site is okay, but it has a lot of misleading info on it too. Like today the blogger posted stats from the EYBL and included Kyron Cartwright who didn't even play in the EYBL. And, he left out a bunch of other Hawkeye recruits that are playing in the EYBL. It is what it is, but I wouldn't put all my faith into what is being reported on that site either.

Reed Tellinghuisen Class of 2014 6'5" Guard - YouTube

The kid can play. Has only gotten better since the off season has begun. Probably 6'6" now. Shooting lights out in AAU this summer. Had over 45 one game. Hit 10+ three's. I got to see him play in Louisville. Very impressive, and hoping we can extend an offer his way. Nothing but bright futures for this shooter.

He knows he's playing for an Iowa offer this summer and has some game...just has to prove himself against high caliber competition. It will a major upset if we offer and he declines...wants to wear the Black and Gold.

Latest posts