2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

no joke meat

isn't a hell of a lot better to be talking about long, skilled, athletic 3-stars as fallbacks, rather than trying to get excited about slow-footed, undersized kids with "high bball IQs?"

the one thing we know is that Fran is going to bring in his kind of player -- long, runs the floor, will get it done on d and in transition.

no joke meat

isn't a hell of a lot better to be talking about long, skilled, athletic 3-stars as fallbacks, rather than trying to get excited about slow-footed, undersized kids with "high bball IQs?"

the one thing we know is that Fran is going to bring in his kind of player -- long, runs the floor, will get it done on d and in transition.

since i really don't know that much about basketball as far as x's and o's and such, i'll trust Fran on recruiting. obviously he saw something in some of these kids that others didn't until just recently, so he definitely has an eye for identifying talent.

really, at this point, there is no "make or break class" as i think we already have enough horses to keep the program going in the right direction. if we can "only" land one top 100 kid every year and fill the rest in with athletic 3* types, we'll be doing good IMO. b-ball recruiting is even more unstable than football. wild ride, for sure.

since i really don't know that much about basketball as far as x's and o's and such, i'll trust Fran on recruiting. obviously he saw something in some of these kids that others didn't until just recently, so he definitely has an eye for identifying talent.

really, at this point, there is no "make or break class" as i think we already have enough horses to keep the program going in the right direction. if we can "only" land one top 100 kid every year and fill the rest in with athletic 3* types, we'll be doing good IMO. b-ball recruiting is even more unstable than football. wild ride, for sure.
I agree about generally only 1 top 100/year on average. The nice thing about top 100 PGs is that they generally attract another top 100 player to go with them. If we get one of those PGs in 2014 or 2015, we're in really good shape.

I would be pleased with a class consisting of Uhl,, Nzei, and Logwood. Would add a lot of length and athleticism to the team.

I agree about generally only 1 top 100/year on average. The nice thing about top 100 PGs is that they generally attract another top 100 player to go with them. If we get one of those PGs in 2014 or 2015, we're in really good shape.

Those three would be great additions. Lindsey from just outside of chicago would be a good addition and is visiting this month. He isn't highly recruited, but he has grown three inches in the past year. He looks pretty quick and athletic.

Scott Lindsey picked up an Iowa offer today. How about we see him commit this week?

he'll likely move into the top 150 when the next set of rankings come out -- would be a real good get.

PalmettoH150158 said:
Scott Lindsey picked up an Iowa offer today. How about we see him commit this week?

he'll likely move into the top 150 when the next set of rankings come out -- would be a real good get.

Lindsey will be visiting Nevada and Vanderbilt as well...I like Iowa's chances with him.

look, the only reason for a kid to go to reno is to get mixed up with hookers and blow, and as much as I like vandy (its good methodist history and kevin stallings), stallings' tenure has jumped its shark and vandy ain't going any further in the dance over the next five years than iowa will.

really, the kid has one rational choice: come unto the fran

Last edited:
Jackson Forbes out of Texas will visit Iowa in September.

6-6 Small Forward, extremely smart has three Ivy League schools after him as well.

PF Tory Miller is going to schedule and offical visit to Iowa. Miller reclassified from the 2013 class to go to Prep School, he was a HS teammate of David Kravish, who was an Iowa target, but he went to Cal. I saw an article that Miller wanted to play with Kravish, but Cal did not make his final 5. The latest is that he is good friends with Dominique Collier, who was an Iowa target that ended up at Colorado, CU is in Miller's final 5 list.

BTW, there is no offical date set at this time, but he has no official dates set, but wants Iowa to be his first visit.

Thanks, the article I saw said he was trying to get all of them scheduled, but was having some trouble just getting it all coordinated between schools.

I'd rather have Miller visit during a home game rather than @IA St. But maybe it would give him more of a chance to see the team and bond watching a rivalry game together on TV.

Two off the board.

Tillman to VCU. Shaka Smart uses his celebrity well.

Also, Logwood to Auburn. Someone please explain that one to me.