2013 NCAA tournament bubble root against list

I still can't believe he tore his ACL on that play. I was watching and figured he did something weird with his kneecap or had some weird break. It (what happened) didn't look that bad. I suppose part of it may have been his reaction. I walked off the court when I tore my ACL...did fall once before I realized I couldn't put weight on that leg but Noel looked to be in serious pain.

You never want to see a guy get hurt like this, but this puts another team on the bubble.

Nerlens Noel of Kentucky Wildcats has torn ACL and is out for season - ESPN

Last edited:
Need Duke to beat UNC, UNC is currently up 4 at half.

Need WVU to beat Baylor, Baylor is currently up 4 at half.

UNI is going to beat Creighton, which will improve our RPI.

Should root for Washington to beat Oregon tonight, keep the PAC 12 bids at a minimum.

Auburn is up 2 at half against Arkansas, would be nice for Auburn to win. Arkansas is 14-9 (5-5).

Arizona State lost to Utah. Bad, bad loss there.

But great for us. I believe they were a last 4 in team last I knew.

Arizona State lost to Utah. Bad, bad loss there.

Yeah, they just lost to Stanford too, they are Out now, not even on the bubble IMO

Charlotte beating Butler takes them off the bubble an IN.
UNLV might be back on the bubble with a loss to Air Force and dropping to 5-5 in the MWC
LaSalle Won
Akron Won
Ohio Won
ISU is back on the Bubble with losses to 2 of the worst teams in the Big 12
Arizona St lost, they are now OUT

UNI winning does more for our RPI since we beat them on a neutral court

Except that if a lower team wins the MO Valley it is possible 2 or even 3 Movos get it.

SK, don't be surprised if ISU drops out of the dance. That isn't bad for Iowa necessarily. ISU has only 2 what should be gimmies and games they could easily lose, several even at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iowa State is getting very close to being out...not even on the bubble. I think the Big 12 will get 5 but it's possible they could drop to 4...if things break right down the stretch.

I think UNI is peaking at the right time...nothing new there. They could take the automatic bid and I agree with ILHawk. The Valley could get 3 with an upset winner of their tournament. The good news is Wichita State, Creighton and Indiana State all seem to be trying very hard to play their way out of the tournament...losing streaks, bad losses, etc.

Except that if a lower team wins the MO Valley it is possible 2 or even 3 Movos get it.

SK, don't be surprised if ISU drops out of the dance. That isn't bad for Iowa necessarily. ISU has only 2 what should be gimmies and games they could easily lose, several even at home.

They could but ISU is night and day road vs home. When they play Kansas and OK State they will both be ranked rather highly.

For ISU (assuming they beat Tech and TCU at home), them getting to the tournament has always been about those 2 games.. No matter what else they did...

Still think we're in at 10-8. Especially if our competition involves teams from the freaking MAC.

Still think we're in at 10-8. Especially if our competition involves teams from the freaking MAC.

I'd say yes, but that'd mean Iowa could lose to NW/Neb in the opening rd. Not a good way to leave your resume.
I think 1 win in the BTT is necessary w/ Iowa's poor RPI/non-conf

Latest posts