2013 NCAA tournament bubble root against list

What, you don't like the strategy of standing around and jacking 3's?

They still do that? I haven't actually watched them play since the Iowa game. I thought teams generally got better in three months worth of basketball.

What, you don't like the strategy of standing around and jacking 3's?

This.

And to be more specific the 2 games I have seen ISU blow in the final minute, they have had a chance to win or tie the game with their last possession. The first time against Okie State, Fred drew up a play to get their guy the ball with his momentum going towards their bench and out of bounds.

Last night I have no clue what that last play was supposed to be. I do know Fred had something brewing in his head though because he grabbed the dry erase board as soon as he called their last timeout directly before said play.

They still do that? I haven't actually watched them play since the Iowa game. I thought teams generally got better in three months worth of basketball.

Still do, they just got into the easy part of their schedule so they won a few games.

The Iowa game they pretty much ran a bunch of isolation with average players and then chucked a three when that didn't work. I imagine that is what they still do.

There are a lot of tough bubble games tonight!

UMass @ VCU
Colorado vs Arizona
St. Mary's vs. Gonzaga
St. John's @ L'Ville
Iowa @ PSU
UCLA @ Cal

There are a lot of tough bubble games tonight!

UMass @ VCU
Colorado vs Arizona
St. Mary's vs. Gonzaga
St. John's @ L'Ville
Iowa @ PSU
UCLA @ Cal

Who should we root for in these matchups, besides the obvious ones?

Go L'ville, Iowa, Gonzaga and Zona.

What about the UMASS/VCU game or UCLA/Cal game?

All the bubble teams are listed first. The others are out or in already

EDIT:Cal could be considered a bubble team, but unless they go on a run similar to what Iowa needs, they are out.

Last edited:
This.

And to be more specific the 2 games I have seen ISU blow in the final minute, they have had a chance to win or tie the game with their last possession. The first time against Okie State, Fred drew up a play to get their guy the ball with his momentum going towards their bench and out of bounds.

Last night I have no clue what that last play was supposed to be. I do know Fred had something brewing in his head though because he grabbed the dry erase board as soon as he called their last timeout directly before said play.

Lou Henson did something like that back in the days of the Flying Illini against Indiana with I think Nick Anderson and it worked. He was thought a genius. Still wonder if IL's last play last week against IU was a freak or a well designed play. Indiana all flew at Paul was was heading toward the corn for what would have been an awkward shot. If the Illini player on the far side had broke to the basket he would have brought his man with him toward a breaking Griffey. The result would have looked really stupid. It looked to me like with about 3.5 seconds left that Griffey found himself all alone after screening for Paul and everything just sort of happened by accident.

If Iowa loses to Penn State, do we lock this thread and burn it forever?

The forum would turn ugly and this thread would get buried quickly. All the negative nancy's will be out in full force, we will get to read about how bad the recruiting is, how bad Woodbury is, Marble, and how lucky we would be to make the NIT.

Then by Saturday the kool aid drinkers will be back explaining how Iowa can still reach the NCAA.

I would think we have to root for Iowa in this one. At first I thought that game might be in the obvious category but judging by how much stock some people put in opponents RPI, people might be thinking we can't afford for Penn State to lose this one.

Latest posts