2013 NCAA tournament bubble root against list

I would think we have to root for Iowa in this one. At first I thought that game might be in the obvious category but judging by how much stock some people put in opponents RPI, people might be thinking we can't afford for Penn State to lose this one.

Uhh, this wasnt even close to being funny or clever.

Guess I shouldn't quote section136 when making a joke about how much some people over value opponents strength of schedule.

I would be mad if the Hawks lose tonight.

But the reason I would avoid this place is all the idiotic threads that get started after bad losses. Unbearable.

You mean like posting something other than the refs screwed us or their coach is an absolute idiot and intimidated the refs? Something like we aren't that good?

Coaching has been bad down the stretch of close games for Fred and staff, but it also falls on the players not executing. The chucking up of crap last night was horrible. ISU can't seem to get it's mind right on the road.

Coaching has been bad down the stretch of close games for Fred and staff, but it also falls on the players not executing. The chucking up of crap last night was horrible. ISU can't seem to get it's mind right on the road.

Maybe Fred should get mad once in a while?

Stanford losing at home to USC. Would be a huge loss for Stanford (and good for the Hawks!).

Don't know if somebody mentioned this but Temple lost at home to a Penn State like team in Duquense. They were 0-9 in conference and 7-16 overall. Another favor for Iowa.

Saturday's Rooting Interest

Duke over Maryland
KSU over Baylor
OSU over Oklahoma
New Mexico over Boise State
CSU over Air Force
Uconn over Villanova
Virginia over North Carolina
UCLA over Stanford
SC over Alabama
Georgia over Ole Miss

A lot of this bubble stuff is going our way. Too bad I don't really think we finish the year 5-1.

Hawks drop to 40 in Sagarin and to 42 in KenPom through last nights games.

Iowa moves up to 89 in RPI through 2/14/13.

Updated 2/14

Currently projected IN
St Mary's (Gonzaga 2/14)
LaSalle (W St Bonnies 2/13, St Joes 2/16)
Virginia (NC 2/16)
Indiana St (Bradley 2/16)

First 4 OUT
Southern Miss (W Tulane 2/13, East Car 2/16)
St Johns (#12 Louisville 2/14)
ASU (L Utah 2/13, Colorado 2/16)
Boise St (#19 NM 2/16)

Next 4 OUT
Stanford (plays USC 2/14)
Villanova (L Cincy 2/12, UConn 2/16)
UMass (plays VCU 2/14)
Maryland (#2 Duke 2/16)

Others
Cal (plays UCLA 2/14)
BYU (Portland 2/16)
Alabama (W Georgia 2/12, South Carolina 2/16)
Iowa (PSU 2/14)
Charlotte (SL 2/16)

Dropped off list
Air Force (W UNLV 2/13, #24 CSU 2/16 )

West Coast Conference will be a one bid league now unless someone wins their conference tourney besides Gonzaga.

Penn State might be the worst team in the country. We did not play well against them at home and still won easily. No worries here

That would be TCU or Texas Tech. Penn State would beat either of those teams on a Neutral court.
Penn State-TCU score might stay in the single digits.

Iowa State losing sucks

ISU losing NEVER sucks. Iowa needs to take care of their own business. Get to 9-9 in conference and win a game in the tourney and they have a great chance to get in, regardless of what ISU does. I hope ISU loses every game to eternity.

Go to the ISU boards and see how many of their fans are pulling for Iowa to win to help their cause.. It ain't happening.

ISU losing NEVER sucks. Iowa needs to take care of their own business. Get to 9-9 in conference and win a game in the tourney and they have a great chance to get in, regardless of what ISU does. I hope ISU loses every game to eternity.

Go to the ISU boards and see how many of their fans are pulling for Iowa to win to help their cause.. It ain't happening.

I don't care about what their fans are doing. I care more about Iowa getting back to the NCAA tournament than I do the rivalry with Iowa State and right now Iowa State is a quality win for Iowa and ISU winning helps Iowa.