New profile posts

Thank you for your true appreciation of sarcasm. It's a nice change from the constant bashing!
if you want to sell one of your pairs of ISU tix let me know, it's my fiance's birthday and we're going to celebrate in Iowa City. I have season tix but i need a ticket for her and her best friend.

Thanks!
I wasn't trying to take a cheap shot at his girlfriend. But my point was that THAT is what an outsider could very easily take as fact, given the number of people spreading that rumor around. Now maybe the way I worded it left things unclear, but given the warning Jon gave everyone, I didn't figure I could be too specific. Sorry about that
hey - where did your twitter feed on the front page go? that was how I found out about a lot of things before I dug in depth to comment or find more on them here.
Could you put that twitter feed back up plz?
Welcome- Most likely, you're curious to find out who the F this guy is regarding one of my posts. Drop a line, good or bad I won't get mad- message boards are for fun, and if you take it too seriously... move along.
Thanks. That is what I was going to try & use. Either that or construction calk. I wasn't afraid to use it after gluing it as the glue would be dry & not touch the food. Once it would have ample time to dry, I would presume it would not be toxic. Thanks again.
I am coming back for the Iowa State and Penn State Game. WE tailgate at an RV near Carver. Let's get together

Have a great night
If you spatula is stainless steel with a composite handle (I have a Pampered Chef spatula too) use Super Glue, I see no reason why it would give off fumes in use, as the glue would be inside the handle. I've had mine for years, and I agree with you, hate to part with an old friend.
You sound like a "foodie," too. A couple of great recipes you posted. Tailgating should be more than brats and burgers, IMO. My wife thinks I'm crazy, as I start planning recipes in the summer for Kinnick Saturday's. We tailgate in the Library lot and Myrtle lot. If you ever end up that way, we should exchange some dishes. My wife got me a Hawkeye chef's hat a few years back, and when asked about it, I tell them, I'm Iron Chef Hawkeye. ;)
New Mex- I see your point on $7/hr jobs. But I once took a night job, delivering pizzas, while using the days to search for a "real job." It wasn't glamorous, but I was making 500-600 week. I just can't sit on my arse, but hey, it worked for me until I got back on my feet. That's why I get frustrated, hearing about all these "victims." I too, was depressed when I lost my job, but I had bills to pay and a family to feed. My depression lasted about two days, and I said, "screw this." Have a good day brother.
Hey Jon

I just got a message that my post (I tried to start a thread) to the Political forum has to be approved by someone before it shows up. I have never seen that before and am wondering if I did something improper. I don't think I did -- but would like to know so it won't be repeated. Thanks
Stormin, you ever hear of Joe Coleman? I think he goes to Hopkins up there. Sounds like ISU offered him.
Drake, I think you talked once about experience in the food industry and possibly some interest in opening your own place - maybe, someday.

I own a building on the Square in Adel. I don't know that any restaurant idea would work here except making it a destination place. I would love for someone to do that at my building.

I thought an idea like the Safe House in Milwaukee would be a cool idea.

The Official Safe House Home Page

Do you have any interest in kicking around an idea? I have absolutely no time frame, but just kicking tires.

I do not have the skills and ability to pull off a restaurant, so it would have to be someone else. I thought of you.
... side note... you were my first friend request... had no clue how to accept that. Think I figured it out... I hope. Shalom and enjoy the trip.
Sounds fun... as fate would have it we are heading to South Dakota for a week... so I guess those guys are on their own... God Bless'em lol... :)
My family and I will be out of town for a week doing some fishing up in God's country (near Int'l Falls). Take care and keep representing!
-Greg (Calvary)
Having just been through what you are going through I just wanted you to know I have been thinking about your family and hope all is going well.