Xavier Foster Announcement

Iowa lost in OT in ncaa tourney to a 2 seed. If anyone thinks Fran is going anywhere in the next 4 years, you have unrealistic expectations. Fran is & should be Iowa's head coach.

Listen, you can't lose a recruiting battle to a dipshit like Prohm. I mean I get losing battles against Michigan and OSU and even ISU when Hoiberg was there. Yet Prohm ain't any of those coaches, he isn't even close. Prohm did ok with Hoiberg's players, but he ain't close to what Hoiberg is/was as a coach.

It's really hard to argue against this post.

It's really hard to argue against this post.

The problem with Dean’s post is that it narrows down the variables in the recruiting process to the head coach. That is pretty silly. Distance from home, educational opportunities, number of schools after a kid, parent input, prestige of the program historically, and well known “favors” offered to the elite recruits, just to name a few.

Is that a noun or a verb?

Douchbaggery would be a noun. It's a type of behavior, the quality of being a douche bag. So would douche...as in "Steve Alford is a major douche." If someone is acting douchie that would be an adjective, if you're describing their douchie behavior that would be an adverb.

(somewhere, Troy Davis's head just exploded)

vbhvrderpjfqig18sbd8.png.resize.710x399.png

It's the accumulation of misses, not just this one.
You are what your recruiting record says you are, like it or not.

In competition, usually, the teams with the best athletes (+ intelligence) win more games.

Fran has the best temper in NCAA coaching...highly burning thermostat.

Everyone should over react to speculation before the announcment. Fire everyone and be negative. Thumbs Up
The point was brought up about Fran’s recruiting track record as a whole throughout his tenure which is what is being discussed.

The other argument is whether IF, keyword IF, XF goes to ISU is it atrocious by Fran because XF was an Iowa fan. (Narrative from Dean)

Hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited:
Think I will just wait for the official announcement before I react. Dunno, but it seems like there is a lot of over-reaction to coulda's, shoulda's and maybe's.........

Why does it matter that it's year 9 specifically? Seems more random that it fell on the number 9 than anything.

Having an established program should yield some benefits. Expectations in any job are higher once you've got a foothold and have your program built the way you want it. Year 9 could be year 8, 7 or 10. The point is...this far in, this is all he can get? (If X Foster chooses IOWA, that would of course change things).

Maybe the guys he's signed will surprise and outperform their "rankings", which happens. That would be great. Time will tell.

Yep. I've known this guy for over 20 years (we were "inlaws" at one point and are still in touch). Just like Iowa City has "Town Hawks", Ames has their local businessmen who are close to the program. He works with one. Could turn out to be rumor mill stuff, but he's shared things in the past (some of them not flattering to ISU) that were pretty accurate.

When you look at the resume of each program (and block out the fact that clones are well...clones) a kid would pick ISU.

Someone I know in Ames says there's buzz that he told Prohm on his visit. The place where he works does a lot of biz with the athletic dept and coaches. He could be pulling my leg, but he's usually a pretty low key straight shooter.

I believe you or at least believe you believe it's true. Thing is the timeline doesn't make sense and neither does XF's behavior. So he committed to Prohm (then someone leaked it out that he's going to ISU-who?), then went to the Iowa game a couple weeks later, was seen joking and slapping high-fives with them. He apparently didn't act in the same manner at ISU's game Granted, what a 17ish year old kid does can be squirrelish, like my behavior was back then. But you would go and act like that, secretly the whole time knowing you're not going to be their teammate? That's not to rip XF, but only to say that the story doesn't make sense.

BTW, some Cyclone fan just told me XF is going to Iowa's game tonight. Well it's all rumors and speculation, but if that's the case, I would think it looks good for the good guys.

I believe you or at least believe you believe it's true. Thing is the timeline doesn't make sense and neither does XF's behavior. So he committed to Prohm (then someone leaked it out that he's going to ISU-who?), then went to the Iowa game a couple weeks later, was seen joking and slapping high-fives with them. He apparently didn't act in the same manner at ISU's game Granted, what a 17ish year old kid does can be squirrelish, like my behavior was back then. But you would go and act like that, secretly the whole time knowing you're not going to be their teammate? That's not to rip XF, but only to say that the story doesn't make sense.

BTW, some Cyclone fan just told me XF is going to Iowa's game tonight. Well it's all rumors and speculation, but if that's the case, I would think it looks good for the good guys.

I'd love nothing more than to be wrong. My "guy" in Ames could be just working me...but he's been right before. If X shows up at CHA that could be a great sign.

Last edited:
The point was brought up about Fran’s recruiting track record as a whole throughout his tenure which is what is being discussed.

The other argument is whether IF, keyword IF, XF goes to ISU is it atrocious by Fran because XF was an Iowa fan. (Narrative from Dean)

Hope that clears things up for you.

It's a high school kid trying to do the best he can to make the best objective decision for his future. Even if Iowa were unquestionably the better program and Fran had a track record of reeling in top recruits, there's a possibility he'd end up at ISU. Because at the end of the day, it's about fit and athlete comfort with not only the coaches, but the players, the fans, the environment, the school, the academic programs offered, what feels right to them, you name it. So I will never blame a coach for not getting a specific recruit. Recruiting and overall talent level? Sure. But never one guy.

There are so so many factors that go into this, saying “he’s a fan of that school” is massive tunnel vision.

There is also the level of like like Joe Weiskamp. He wasn't going anywhere else. He took one unofficial visit to WI, got ISU and Iowa offers, got a UNI offer, and commited two years before he could sign. He wasn't going anywhere but Iowa at any point if we're being honest with ourselves. Foster, even if he is a fan of Iowa, he's not that kind of fan.

Latest posts