Xavier Foster Announcement

I am so torn on the conference tournament argument. On one hand, I totally respect ISU's remarkable success in the Big12 tourney. It shows that they peak at the right time and more importantly, that they come to play in meaningful (tournament) settings. But at the same time, it's such a lame thing for ISU fans to base their argument around. Where's the regular season success? Where's the NCAA tournament success?

Weird post. Since 2014 ISU has had a 3, 3, 4, 5, and 6 seed. That's reflective of a lot of regular season success.

They've made the Sweet 16 twice in that time period. In that time period I see only Wisconsin, Purdue, MSU, and Mich that have made it two or more times in the Big 10.

Whether it's winning a conference tournament, regular season, or NCAA tournament. Winning is winning. While everyone's sights are set on the NCAA tournament, championships are championships. Unfortunately I think the only programs that knock conference tourney winners or conference championships are the programs that aren't winning them. As an Iowa fan I'd be ecstatic to win a conference championship or a conference tournament.

I’ve been around Iowa b-ball longer than 90% of people on this board have been alive probably.. I’ve also followed the other in state school closely as well.

Prohm is still a relatively young coach.. Fact is that Prohm has a sweet 16 along with several big 12 tourbey titles (opinion or not these tourneys are not easy to win...see Iowa). Prohm been to 5? Ncaa tourbey in first 6 years at isu? Beaten more top 25 teams than 80% of P5 coaches (saw this put out by isu over summer on Twitter).. Prohm has more ncaa tourney wins at Murray State than Fran has at Iowa I believe.

He’s also put quite a few kids into the nba. Ofc he took over a program on its high note but also took over a very very tough job succeeding an isu legend with a lot of pressure to succeed. Prohm at isu has finished season ranked in top 25 three times thus far including twice in top 15..

Given all that I’d say Prohm has done better than just average. I love my hawks but I’m at an age where I take a step back and give credit where credit is due. Unlike isu fans with Iowa fball...

Settle down now, that was hard on my eyes to read. You must not follow it all that closely. Prohm has only been at ISU for 4 full seasons. He's made the dance 3 times, so not 5 in 6. He's won 2 B1G 12 tournament titles not several. He only won 1 NCAA game at Murray State, Fran has won 3 at Iowa. Prohm has never finished in the top 15

besides all that he's done a terrific job at ISU.

Last edited:
On Kakert's podcast he speculated that it would leak this weekend.

giphy.gif

It's typical for the word to get out as the announcement nears. In this case, I would expect plenty of bad information out there.

Again, have fun!

OK, time for wild speculation why Fran visited last night and XF isn’t attending home opener.

XF informed Fran he was going to Clown U. Fran’s Mad Face drove home, bitched out Sherm on the phone and yelled at Marge when he got home.

OK, time for wild speculation why Fran visited last night and XF isn’t attending home opener.

XF informed Fran he was going to Clown U. Fran’s Mad Face drove home, bitched out Sherm on the phone and yelled at Marge when he got home.
And they will all try to pin the fall on Dolph.

You know, cause it's easier to blame an announcer than to point the thumb. Cause heaven forbid an announcer would bring up the truth on Woody's eye poking or Dailey's regressing skills.

As for Marge, I wouldn't bet against her putting Fran on the canvas if it ever came to a hoedown.

Weird post. Since 2014 ISU has had a 3, 3, 4, 5, and 6 seed. That's reflective of a lot of regular season success.

They've made the Sweet 16 twice in that time period. In that time period I see only Wisconsin, Purdue, MSU, and Mich that have made it two or more times in the Big 10.

So Fred got the two three seeds. Fred's players got the 4 and 5 seed. Then Prohm with his players missed the NCAA Tournament and got a 6 seed in which they got bounced by the 11 seed.

Fred handed Prohm a final 4 rosters and he could only make it to the sweet 16 and got blown out there. The following year he couldn't even make the sweet 16. It got much worse after he got his own players into the program.

So Fred got the two three seeds. Fred's players got the 4 and 5 seed. Then Prohm with his players missed the NCAA Tournament and got a 6 seed in which they got bounced by the 11 seed.

Fred handed Prohm a final 4 rosters and he could only make it to the sweet 16 and got blown out there. The following year he couldn't even make the sweet 16. It got much worse after he got his own players into the program.

Fred lost to a 14 seed with a better roster than he handed Prohm. Nobody is perfect.

Latest posts