who is your favorite Iowa Basketball Player of All Time??

When I was a kid in grade school in Jesup Woolridge and Kenyon Murray came to an exhibition match for a charity fundraiser. Class act and for a good cause. Still have the signed shirt from afterwards

I'm older, had BJ, Horton and Marble come to my town for an exhibition.

I was lucky enough to see all of the 1970 home games in the Fieldhouse as a boy. That 1970 team was the best Iowa team I have ever seen, football or basketball.

I would rate the Big 4 right at the top: Chad Calabria, Glenn "the Stick" Vidnovic, Downtown Freddy Brown and JJ have to be in the Iowa BB hall of fame

Given the success of JJ and Freddie in the pros and reuniting for an NBA championship... by far the best duo ever at Iowa for one year.

For me personally as a student lost in the seventies Bruce "SKY" King was the best. (did he not lead the big ten in scoring)

Ronnie Lester was still the all time best but because of the knee problems... never got to lead the Hawks to an NCAA championship.

The 3 best of all time were Roy, BJ and Eddie... should have won it all in '87 and again in '89.

Since then Chris Street of course and Andre Woolridge

Deano and Jeff out of Mason City were great Hwaks who never made it in the pros and Greg Brunner was a warrior.

The last 4 and 5 years sucked but Jarryd Cole and Matt Gatens will have bridged the suck into the success.

1. BJ Armstrong
2. Chris Street
3. Jess Settles
4. Val Barnes
5. Kent Hill

For once, I wish I were older to have seen Ronnie Lester. I will never forget my mom saying Iowa would have won the NC had Louisville not undercut him to take him out of the game.

If anyone thought of Denny Crum in my house, the cursing would soon follow from her...not a fan of him she wasn't...;)

Roger Burkman took him out on a dirty play. We could have beat them that game......

:)

Jess Settles pre-back injury hands down. Just dominated,and could have taken the Nba money but decided to come back and unfortunately it didn't work out ,dude was a beast. Well , him and a Jason Bauer, but he was a family friend however he was a great defender and team player though.

He came back because he got awful advice to declare for the draft in the first place. Thank god he didnt hire an agent.

I wish Pierce hadn't gotten in trouble because he could have been something special.

If wish Tyler Smith hadn't left, he could have been something special as well. I am pretty sure he didn't even finish at Tennessee. Kicked off the team by Bruce Pearl for violating team rules I believe.

If wish Tyler Smith hadn't left, he could have been something special as well. I am pretty sure he didn't even finish at Tennessee. Kicked off the team by Bruce Pearl for violating team rules I believe.

You know he was up to no good if even Bruce Pearl thought it was too much.

When my sister was a freshman at Iowa, she was friends with a bunch of those guys. She dated Jeff Moe for a while, so that's how. I have a basketball signed by the entire team, Lute, Stokes, Boyle, Payne, Carfino, Berky, etc. Anyway, in addition to all the past greats, my favorite was always Waymon King. When I would visit my sis, he was always one who was really outgoing around me, a young kid at the time. I also remember sort of liking Jerry Denard, the guy who rarely got in to play...kinda like rooting for the underdog.

I loved watching Troy Skinner growing up, a lot of that had to do with him being from Pomeroy-Palmer, which was really close to my hometown. Some others though, in no particular order (it's hard to name just one favorite)...

Jess Settles
Andre Woolridge
Dean Oliver
Brunner/Haluska/Horner
Kent McCausland

You know he was up to no good if even Bruce Pearl thought it was too much.

Come on, Pearl was the poster child of upstanding basketball coaches.

I can't believe how many people wanted him at Iowa even after a lot of the allegations came out against him at the time.

I was lucky enough to see all of the 1970 home games in the Fieldhouse as a boy. That 1970 team was the best Iowa team I have ever seen, football or basketball.

I would rate the Big 4 right at the top: Chad Calabria, Glenn "the Stick" Vidnovic, Downtown Freddy Brown and JJ have to be in the Iowa BB hall of fame

This. Still the best Hawk team I've ever watched play b-ball!! Just imagine if they would have had the 3pt shot when this group played ball. Freddy Brown and John Johnson are my 2 favorite all time Hawks and Ronnie Lester would follow close behind.