who is your favorite Iowa Basketball Player of All Time??

I'm not in the habit of giving away my secret identity. There are a few posters who know who I am and if anyone wanted to do a little detective work, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out. Suffice it to say he played in the early 60's. We lost dad a few years ago, but I honor his memory by wearing his lettermans ring and a watch he won in a holiday tournament to home games at Carver. Before any of you get bent out of shape about a non letterman wearing the ring, my father asked me to remember him that way on his death bed.

I did take two recruiting visits to Iowa, but in the end, the offer didn't come and I played at North Dakota. I would not have gotten much time at Iowa, but the legacy thing was kind of neat. Micheal Payne was playing at the time and his father Tom was a teammate of my fathers.

Unfortunately, when I lost Dad, I also lost any access to the basketball program I used to enjoy. We would frequently get to attend lettermen's events and have close access to the team and coaches. It was a lot of fun.

Sorry for your loss Sioux.

But I think I know who you are! Sioux as in Sioux City and the number 34. YOu're teh Adum woodberries!

Before Adam got his hair cut, there was a passing resemblance to what I looked like in college. Of course Adam doesn't sport the cool stache I did then and still do today. 34 is the number I wore in college. It has been retired, but only because Phil Jackson wore it before I did.

Before Adam got his hair cut, there was a passing resemblance to what I looked like in college. Of course Adam doesn't sport the cool stache I did then and still do today. 34 is the number I wore in college. It has been retired, but only because Phil Jackson wore it before I did.

Bodyslamming 34! BRAH!