who is your favorite Iowa Basketball Player of All Time??

Downtown Freddie Brown...one of the best shooters I've ever seen. Ronnie Lester was amazing also and he played with some really underestimated players. Kenny, the forehead, Arnold was a great player too. And Vinny Brookins had the best 18-20 foot bank shot I've ever seen. Dude was uncanny. He'd sit on the wing and bang it in all night. (that's what she said).

Props to who mentioned Rodell Davis, man he would have been phenomenal without the knee injury...those teams were like the wounded warriors with him, Bullard and Mark Ingram (who would have been amazing as well).

It is sad how much talent the teams Davis played on had, but couldn't stay healthy, or were just never the same prior to the medical miracles we see now with ACL injuries.

I have another five, just add it on the other really:

1. Bill Jones
2. Kevin Gamble
3. Russ Millard
4. Kenyon Murray
5. Ryan Bowen

I am excluding current Hawks right now, but Woodbury is really making his way on to my list once he is done. Actually, there are three throw in White and Clemmons as well. I enjoy watching what each of them bring to the table. Woodbury/White because they know how to just play the game and Clemmons, well, I saw him play in HS and didn't think he would impact Iowa this soon, but enjoyed watching him dominate his guy on defense.

my favs: Ryan Bowen and Jess Settles.

honorable mention that nobody else has said: Chauncey Leslie

Best player I ever saw in a Hawk uniform at Carver was Ricky Davis. That guy had some serious skills.

Earl-Always used to rent nba games and play with the Celtics and score with him all game even though I was a Bulls fan.
Settles-He was here so long how couldn't you like him.
Recker- Those game winners!

Was thinking jeff but more for his moves OFF the court.

Have to give some love to Matt Gatens...one of the better Sr. years i remember-more for his leadership. At times, dominant. Just a great leader.

Others (the all pump-fake team):

Mark Gannon
Wade Lukenbill
Kevin Boyle
Russ Millard (more talent than he realized-was drafted!)
Al Lorenzen

The All-time favorite not appreciated until after graduation:

-Jarryd Cole

As a 10 yr. old I loved the fab 5--especially Carl Cain and Sharm Scherman(sp). Then came Don Nelson who was my childhood hero. I was there when he outplayed Gerry Lucas, and also the night he scored 38 but passed up a last second wide open shot to reach 40 as he passed to a wide open teamate. The great history of Hawk BB goes way back.--Bo

Was thinking jeff but more for his moves OFF the court.

Have to give some love to Matt Gatens...one of the better Sr. years i remember-more for his leadership. At times, dominant. Just a great leader.

Others (the all pump-fake team):

Mark Gannon
Wade Lukenbill
Kevin Boyle
Russ Millard (more talent than he realized-was drafted!)
Al Lorenzen

The All-time favorite not appreciated until after graduation:

-Jarryd Cole

Can you fill me in here? I'm fairly young so I'm not aware of what you're referring to here.

Could've been a real special player, guys.

Could've been? He already was, IMO.

Acie Earl

all arms and legs and taped fingers and looked a hot mess

while getting 20 and 10

so much fun to watch

Ronnie was so smooth and natural, but Acie was an improbable wonder

Acie Earl

all arms and legs and taped fingers and looked a hot mess

while getting 20 and 10

so much fun to watch

Ronnie was so smooth and natural, but Acie was an improbable wonder

Cant forget his under shirts under his jersey always were inside out and backwards. So he also had a sense of fashion

Can you fill me in here? I'm fairly young so I'm not aware of what you're referring to here.

Jeff had his share of sorority pledges-to him. Nothing new--think Tim Dwight of the 80s.

One year I was back for a game and TD walked into the Sports Column, and I think every girl in the place was within a 1 foot radius of him within a minute...I needed those odds in college.

Latest posts