who is your favorite Iowa Basketball Player of All Time??

HawkeyeGold

I grew up watching in the 90s, with players like Jess Settles, Acie Earl, Andre Woolridge, Chris Street, etc...Jess Settles has to be up there for me, but i vividly remember watching Chris Kingsbury draining almost half court 3's. looking back at it, i have to compare him making 3s to a spectacular dunk. it seemed Mr. Davis put together great team play vs spectacular individual performance, which kind of makes it harder to choose. i think Matt Gatens deserves honorable mention. if he was fortunate to play on better teams, i think he would have a higher status.

Chris Street and Ryan Bowen were two of my favorite players when I was growing up.

On the current team, I really like Aaron White. He's really exciting to watch. Also Melsahn Basabe became a favorite of mine during his freshman year. Hoping he gets back to that. He's already looking better.

The overall style that Fran plays is refreshing. Love the dunks. It seems that Lick discouraged dunking, or scoring in general for that matter.

Vince Brookins
Ronnie Lester was right there.

This team is going to produce some favorites too, I think.

Magic Johnson said Ronnie Lester was the best basketball player Magic had ever seen, while he played at MSU. This is why Ronnie had a spot deep in the Lakers organization.

What would have happened if he wouldnt have gotten hurt when they were in the Final Four?

Loved Street. There have been many though. Even guys like James Winters, Jake Jaacks, Kyle Galloway. Then there's Settles, Woolridge, Bowen, Earl. There's so many.

Ronnie Lester hands down. Those who weren't around then, google the Iowa Louisville game video and see what he could do on a bad knee.

Favorite I've seen play in person.....Lester.
Favorite team I've seen play in person....the 1980 team. Over-achievers, grinders, fearless, classic "team"

Most fun to watch....the 86-87 team. Horton, Armstrong, Marble...probably the best three-some I've seen wearing the Iowa jerseys at one time.

The 70 team would have been amazing to watch...live or TV or otherwise....but in those days, we had to envision through the eyes of "Z" on WHO.

Too...

Many...

To...

LIST...
Exploding_head-syndrome.jpg

#1 Andre Woolridge
#2 Jarryd Cole
#3 Gerry Wright
#4 Matt Bullard

There are just so many. Hard to put them in order. Andre Woolridge definitely #1, but then it just depends on my mood.:cool:

Woolridge was a one man show. Still can't believe bobby jackson won b10 mvp that season.
Andre Woolridge (Woodridge if you're Raveling) led the Big10 in scoring AND assists...but apparently Bobby Jackson won the "old guys with high socks" vote...as well as the "derrr...gotta give it to the best player on the best team" vote...total ripoff.

Jason Price is my all time favorite just cause he refed my y games and we always hung out at bball games. After him I'd say Dean O, Kingsbury Horner Cole and Gatens. This is an impossible question to answer ha.

Jason Price is my all time favorite just cause he refed my y games and we always hung out at bball games. After him I'd say Dean O, Kingsbury Horner Cole and Gatens. This is an impossible question to answer ha.
Not impossible to answer, but definitely impossible to be wrong...unless there are "Little Lick" votes cast... :D

Latest posts