who is your favorite Iowa Basketball Player of All Time??

I'm 32 and it's BJ Armstrong for me. I loved Woolridge, Kingsbury and Dean O too. Then the triplets from Iowa Horner Haluska and Brunner. Here's a name I bet some of you wouldn't have put on here. But after Guy Ruckers freshman yr I thought he was going to be a stud. I thought him and Woolridge complimented each other really well.

I'm 32 and it's BJ Armstrong for me. I loved Woolridge, Kingsbury and Dean O too. Then the triplets from Iowa Horner Haluska and Brunner. Here's a name I bet some of you wouldn't have put on here. But after Guy Ruckers freshman yr I thought he was going to be a stud. I thought him and Woolridge complimented each other really well.

Guy Rucker became painful to watch. Mentally, he was a mess by his senior year. His confidence was just in shambles. I always felt for the guy because he had all the potential in the world...which is probably why he fell apart.

Edit: I just checked his stats and he didn't even play his senior year, which was '99-'00. Does anyone remember what happened there?

Ronnie Lester. I've never seen a smoother point guard....it was almost as if he was gliding on ice. Deceptively quick and cool as a cucumber. A natural.

Without his knee injury, we win it all in 1980.

No not just few players , i love all players whether they or not they played or not, they were in hox uniforms and i jelly not being in hox uniforms except PP

Downtown Freddie Brown & Glen "the stick" Vidnivic. The "Steves" Waite & Krafcisin(sp) Ronnie Lester, too many others to name them all

BJ Armstrong probably is my all-time favorite.

A few others that come to mind:

Andre Woolridge
Jess Settles
Chris Street
Roy Marble
Acie Earl
Chris Kingsbury
Val Barnes
Greg Brunner
Ed Horton

Better throw Adam Haluska in there, too.

I was lucky enough to see all of the 1970 home games in the Fieldhouse as a boy. That 1970 team was the best Iowa team I have ever seen, football or basketball.

I would rate the Big 4 right at the top: Chad Calabria, Glenn "the Stick" Vidnovic, Downtown Freddy Brown and JJ have to be in the Iowa BB hall of fame

Being 32 years old.

BJ was my first favorite player.

I would say my all time favorite player is Dre. I have NEVER seen an Iowa player put on performance like he did his senior year. It was amazing.

Here are other players I enjoyed watching.
Kingbury
Settles
Evans (Not much love for Reggie around here for some reason. Has there ever been such a relentless player on the boards)

1244202.jpeg

Steve Carfino

Ed Horton. I knew him a little bit and he was one of the funniest dudes you'd ever meet.

Robert "Tree" Henry, Greg Stokes, Ronnie Lester and Gerry Wright in no particular order.

Of course guys like street, gamble, settles, brookins, moe, woolridge, bowen, marble, horton, winters, val barnes, johnny foyte, waite, arnold, andre banks, carfino, bill " dont call me clarence" jones, kingsbury, lorenzen, gannon, special k, rodell davis, thunder doug, lohaus, jepsen, k murray, j moses, hansen, earl, payne, millard, glasper, m morgan, rod thompson, kenny fullard, waymond king, brunner, recker, horner, hensen, and 100 others are all a close 4th.