When was I or were you this down on Hawk bball?

Right I agree with that - not a fan of it in any way it went down. It's not exactly an "email full of lies" tho is it?
Oh I agree with ya it wasn't an extreme 'email full of lies'. It's just a good thing that there are some laws they are forced to follow because the things they'd all try to get away with if not (and still do in a lot of cases) would blow our minds.

Is Barta supposed to call everyone who sends him an angry email or set up a personal meeting with them to discuss their opinion on Iowa sports? That sounds like an inefficient use of time for an AD doesn't it?
One thing OUR Ad has is Time and $$$ no?Am Laughing.Big Game Wed. Go Hawks...

what ever do you mean?
See, that wasn't that hard. I put up a genuine picture of myself and now you did the same.
I would've went with this one, though.

bartabeatup.0.jpg

most likely many of the other fans around would have come over and dragged your a@@ right out of there.
Wrong. The yellow jacket mall cops would've asked him to leave, and if he didn't then the DPS fun haters would've walked him out. Let's not make this more dramatic than it needs to be.

You're starting to sound just as ridiculous as your opponent in this debate.

Just don't send emails full of lies to your season ticket holders. And then refuse to respond when you are called out on those lies. That's not too much to ask, is it?

I'm not a Barta fan but, were I he and some unhinged guy is sending me emails perhaps laced with profanities, I might not respond to him either.

Perhaps he was spinning and making things look as rosy as possible but didn't feel like he was lying.

I'll tell him straight to his face. I'll call you and Gutless Gary anything I want to your faces. If you or Gutless doesn't like it and you are feeling froggy...go ahead and jump.

So easy to say since you will never get the chance.

Wait, you could go to an I-Club event that he is at and call him that in front of a crowd with a mic in your hands. But you wouldn’t do that because then everyone could see who you are and you would look like the immature person that you have exposed yourself as on this forum.

So easy to say since you will never get the chance.

Wait, you could go to an I-Club event that he is at and call him that in front of a crowd with a mic in your hands. But you wouldn’t do that because then everyone could see who you are and you would look like the immature person that you have exposed yourself as on this forum.

Let's face it, I've been face to face with Gary Barta at least 20 times over the last 12 years. I go to 2 home football games a year maybe ....and typically in Lincoln. In hoops, it's once a year if at all and definitely in Lincoln. I live 4 hours away. I could say whatever I wanted to Gary Barta and so could Lightning1 if he wanted to.

Just don't send emails full of lies to your season ticket holders. And then refuse to respond when you are called out on those lies. That's not too much to ask, is it?
I hate Barta just as much or more than you do, but I guarantee you, with 100% certainty, that he's never seen nor read one of your emails. Those addresses are monitored by athletic department staff and messages from anyone not in his personal contact list, especially mad fans, goes straight to the trash folder. Same thing with Ferentz, McCafferey, Brands, and on down the line. Hate to break it to you.

And yes, I do know that for a fact. A salesperson we hired two years ago interned and then worked in the AD before coming here; her desk is 10' from my office. Any message from you that makes its way to Barta had to be something that a staffer thought was important enough to flag for him to read. I showed her this thread and she literally giggled out loud. She said emails from upset fans going off the rails were ignored and "archived" (apparently nothing gets deleted for a period of time that she didn't know, for liability purposes?). She did say you might get through to Brands, Heller or other "less-major" sports coaches depending on the time of year or their schedules at the time. Any emails going completely bonkers with profanity, etc. usually get the addresses blocked. None of these are my words.

So you can probably stop being mad about Barta not responding because he never saw your emails. And really, do you actually envision Barta, or Ferentz, or any other P5 administrator or coach sitting at a desk answering emails from disgruntled fans? It just doesn't happen. They have way better shit to do.

You can still be mad about him being a shitty jellyfish AD, though.

I hate Barta just as much or more than you do, but I guarantee you, with 100% certainty, that he's never seen nor read one of your emails. Those addresses are monitored by athletic department staff and messages from anyone not in his personal contact list, especially mad fans, goes straight to the trash folder. Same thing with Ferentz, McCafferey, Brands, and on down the line. Hate to break it to you.

And yes, I do know that for a fact. A salesperson we hired two years ago interned and then worked in the AD before coming here; her desk is 10' from my office. Any message from you that makes its way to Barta had to be something that a staffer thought was important enough to flag for him to read. I showed her this thread and she literally giggled out loud. She said emails from upset fans going off the rails were ignored and "archived" (apparently nothing gets deleted for a period of time that she didn't know, for liability purposes?). She did say you might get through to Brands, Heller or other "less-major" sports coaches depending on the time of year or their schedules at the time. Any emails going completely bonkers with profanity, etc. usually get the addresses blocked. None of these are my words.

So you can probably stop being mad about Barta not responding because he never saw your emails. And really, do you actually envision Barta, or Ferentz, or any other P5 administrator or coach sitting at a desk answering emails from disgruntled fans? It just doesn't happen. They have way better shit to do.

Sounds like she did more "documenting" during her short internship than Barta has done during his 12 years at Iowa.

I hate Barta just as much or more than you do, but I guarantee you, with 100% certainty, that he's never seen nor read one of your emails. Those addresses are monitored by athletic department staff and messages from anyone not in his personal contact list, especially mad fans, goes straight to the trash folder. Same thing with Ferentz, McCafferey, Brands, and onu. down the line. Hate to break it to yo

I emailed Fran a couple of times, though it's been maybe 3 years since I sent the last one. He himself replied to the first one, or at least it was addressed it as if it was from Fran himself. I did get the feeling a staff member replied to the second one.

Of course, they were positive emails so they were much more likely to be returned.

Iowa had its share of injuries last year, especially when one point guard was hurt for a good part of the season, another one redshirted because of injuries, and another point guard transferred out. Barring injury, they will be a lot better this coming year. Fran is a good coach, but sometimes things happen that you can't do anything about.

Agreed. It's like the old Hubie Brown quote about why the Knicks' had no depth. He said "We have plenty of depth, it's just that my bench is starting... My starters are injured!"

These guys aren't POTUS. You can find them at just most any Iowa sporting event, dozens of I Club gatherings a year or probably just anywhere in IC on a daily basis. None of you would say a bad word to Fran or Barta otherwise, what's stopping ya? Just face the fact that you're all pussies :)