When Fran said let's get mad again...

The wall white comparison was in the context of recruiting talented players for 1 yr of service, not a comparison of direct talent. And what about Cartwright do you like? The fact he is slightly better than cully Payne who never belonged in D1? He cant shoot and turns the ball over at a high rate. He is a decent backup PG so my horrible comment is a slight exaggeration. If people were ripping on Babb for being an inefficient scorer with a 1.2 pps, what does that make Cartwright with a God awful 0.99?

It means Cartwright is just slightly worse than the supposed sure fire NBA draft pick Diante Garrett and his 1.07 PPS.

So many of the Iowa State fans really believe they are fans of a GREAT team! I don't even think it is fake. If it is fake, they do a great job selling it. When was the last time Iowa State was even good at football or basketball?
Why do the Iowa State fans keep posting this garbage on an Iowa Hawkeye website? I think it has to do with living in the middle of Iowa and not having much outside influence. You are the only group of people reading about Iowa State players and it probably does convince you that Royce White is an All-American, and that some dude nobody else ever heard of is a sure fire NBA talent.
The non-stop BS needs to stop though. You may be too isolated/idiotic to realize that Iowa State is not good... but it is getting old and has no place on a Hawkeye message board. Please take it to your site(s). Please!

So many of the Iowa State fans really believe they are fans of a GREAT team! I don't even think it is fake. If it is fake, they do a great job selling it. When was the last time Iowa State was even good at football or basketball?
Why do the Iowa State fans keep posting this garbage on an Iowa Hawkeye website? I think it has to do with living in the middle of Iowa and not having much outside influence. You are the only group of people reading about Iowa State players and it probably does convince you that Royce White is an All-American, and that some dude nobody else ever heard of is a sure fire NBA talent.
The non-stop BS needs to stop though. You may be too isolated/idiotic to realize that Iowa State is not good... but it is getting old and has no place on a Hawkeye message board. Please take it to your site(s). Please!

How ironic this post is... :cool:

How ironic this post is... :cool:

Ironic how?

1) Every fan including Iowa fans over value their favorite teams. Before Hubbard's departure there were a few on this site talking about a NIT berth and maybe an NCAA berth

2) Iowa fans post frequently on CyFan (I am proud to say I never have :) )

3) Greg implied with his post that talking about ISU has no place on this board. Take a look at every thread involving ISU - they always have the most posts, its amazing really. Many Iowa fans love talking ISU even if they wont admit it. A thread about Royce White has 4000 views in under 4 days.

Last edited:
1) Every fan including Iowa fans over value their favorite teams. Before Hubbard's arrest there were a few on this site talking about a NIT berth and maybe an NCAA berth

2) Iowa fans post frequently on CyFan (I am proud to say I never have :) )

3) Greg implied with his post that talking about ISU has no place on this board. Take a look at every thread involving ISU - they always have the most posts, its amazing really. Many Iowa fans love talking ISU even if they wont admit it. A thread about Royce White has 4000 views in under 4 days.

-Before Hubbards arrest? 5 years ago we never even knew who Hubbard was.
-I don't think discussing the chances of a possible NIT berth are ridiculous for the majority of teams to hope for and a possible NCAA berth has never evolved into a serious discussion.
-I have never posted on a Cyclone message board... and will never search for one.
-Iowa State fans are trying so hard to to bring their team into conversations that you can't have a discussion about anything and have it not commented on by Cytrolls. Iowa State this, Iowa State that... yada yada yada... we are the greatest... Royce White is the greatest... our PG is NBA material, blah blah blah... Iowa State beat a loaded Baylor team last year... just take it to the Iowa State boards. Why here? Do you talk about Iowa State on Kansas boards, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri boards too? For F sakes! Seriously... Iowa State is not a good team and haven't been in a long time. Iowa State will be lucky to finish .500 in conference in football or basketball. Just stop listening to the Ames radio station or wherever it is that you are getting this garbage from. It is making you look like complete fools.

If ISU does not finish over .500 in basketball, I will be shocked. Think they have a decent shot to get there in football as well.

Actually, ISU is a good early opponent for Iowa. They will send a lot of players at Vandy, so the Hawk coaching staff will see how he has progressed with dealing with pressure.

-I don't think discussing the chances of a possible NIT berth are ridiculous for the majority of teams to hope for and a possible NCAA berth has never evolved into a serious discussion.
-I have never posted on a Cyclone message board... and will never search for one.
-Iowa State fans are trying so hard to to bring their team into conversations that you can't have a discussion about anything and have it not commented on by Cytrolls. Iowa State this, Iowa State that... yada yada yada... we are the greatest... Royce White is the greatest... our PG is NBA material, blah blah blah... Iowa State beat a loaded Baylor team last year... just take it to the Iowa State boards. Why here? Do you talk about Iowa State on Kansas boards, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri boards too? For F sakes! Seriously... Iowa State is not a good team and haven't been in a long time. Iowa State will be lucky to finish .500 in conference in football or basketball. Just stop listening to the Ames radio station or wherever it is that you are getting this garbage from. It is making you look like complete fools.

Haha. Speaking of looking like a complete fool....I think you should go back and read bus' post again, maybe go back and read it 10 more times actually.

Last edited:
My mistake I thought this was a thread about coach Fran and Iowa basketball. Nope just another hijacked thread with the same old isu ******* match....

The sad thing is it is the same 5-6 guys that hijack most threads and argue the same crap.

When did we start caring so much about isu?

Okay, so....is it thread hijacking that has Fran so mad?

My mistake I thought this was a thread about coach Fran and Iowa basketball. Nope just another hijacked thread with the same old isu ******* match....

The sad thing is it is the same 5-6 guys that hijack most threads and argue the same crap.

From the very first post, from a Hawkeye fan:

Right now it's hard not to like what the coach in Ames is doing and be excited about their program. Royce White and Allen will have an instant impact on that team and make them at least a threat to the top teams in their league

That doesn't seem like a hijacking...seems like an invitation to discuss. There are plenty of Hawks talking ISU in this thread.

If ISU does not finish over .500 in basketball, I will be shocked. Think they have a decent shot to get there in football as well.

Actually, ISU is a good early opponent for Iowa. They will send a lot of players at Vandy, so the Hawk coaching staff will see how he has progressed with dealing with pressure.

Just a reminder. Iowa St's 2009-2010 basketball team finished 15 and 17 with a 4 and 12 mark in conference. That was with a team with ALL AMERICAN Jr. Craig Brackins, Top Juco M. Gilstrap and Laron Dendy and Euro Import Lucca Staiger. Diante Garrett was the PG. We are talking about Craig Brackins who was the 21st player picked in the NBA draft. I also believe they had top 100 recruit Chris Colvin on that team as well.

Also Iowa St. returned 77 percent of their scoring from the previous season. My point to all of this is I would not be surprised at all if Iowa St. struggles. They lost their best play maker and leader in Garrett. They lost their best rebounder/competitor in Jake Anderson and lost one of their better 3 point shooters in Vanderbeken. They lost a lot and have a lot of proving to do before I think they are or will be a good team.

Right now they sit in the same boat as Iowa currently sits in. Both bad programs, trying to make steps to become good.

It is true... there are several ISU posters who can't seem to help themselves when you guys start discussing ISU. That said, the same thing happens at CyFan when we start discussing the Hawks. You guys have a few posters that can't help themselves either. Human nature i guess...

Still, i was enjoying you guys arguing amongst each other over Hoiberg's recruiting. Please carry on... it was fascinating reading before this turned into the usual ******* match. This thread did make it more than 50 posts before a Clone fan chimed in.

Thanks...

Last edited:

I meant departure for Hubbard, not arrest. My bad

The rest of your post is pointless and doesnt make much sense in response to mine. I wasnt singling you out for talking ISU or posting on their boards....my only point is that it happens ALL the time by Iowa fans.

Iowa State... the Duke of the Midwest!

When I stated I would be surprised if Iowa State finishes above .500 in conference play the reply was...

What kind of bet do you want to make that Iowa State doesn't finish above .500 in conference play in either sport? Lay off the crack pipe of Iowa sports talk radio where they obviously have led the entire Cynation into believing some crazy garbage. What is going on in Iowa?

If I ever want to get a cult following... West Central Iowa would obviously be a great place to start. Just get a radio show and start talking...

Latest posts