When Fran said let's get mad again...

Cartwright led the Big Ten in assists last year... yeah, just a mediocre player, right?

Get a clue, folks.

You are better than that storm. You know enough about basketball to know that leading the Big 10 in assists on Iowa's team doesn't equate to being a really good Big 10 player.

You are better than that storm. You know enough about basketball to know that leading the Big 10 in assists on Iowa's team doesn't equate to being a really good Big 10 player.

Leading Mountain West or MVC in assists is one thing. Leading the B1G (one of the best conf in the nation last year) in assists is most definitely something to hang your hat on. Especially considering how POORLY Iowa shot.

Go back and look at the B1G assist leaders in the past and show me a mediocre player.

Cartwright is legit. Anyone that watches him should know this.

Cartwright's JR stats were almost spot on with Diante Garretts stats his JR year. I expect that Cartwright will bump them up even more his senior season (as did Dainte).

Anything you say about Cartwright could have been said about Diante. Especially after his JR year. Most Clone fans I know b!tched, moaned, whined, and cried about Diante up til last year.....

Here's the B1G assist leaders from the last several years:

B. Cartwright
D. McCamey
D. McCamey
J. Butler
M. Conley
D. Brown / D. Neitzel
D. Williams

Leading Mountain West or MVC in assists is one thing. Leading the B1G (one of the best conf in the nation last year) in assists is most definitely something to hang your hat on. Especially considering how POORLY Iowa shot.

Go back and look at the B1G assist leaders in the past and show me a mediocre player.

He is small, doesn't play good defense, can't shoot (yet still shots a lot), and led Iowa in assists b/c they had no other guards that can dribble the ball and handle it. He is a backup PG for any team in the Big 10. This is the truth.

Now you do have to give the kid credit for coming off the bench when Payne got hurt and doing what was needed but it still doesn't change the fact that he skill set is levels lower than most in the Big 10. There was a reason nobody offered him after JUCO and Iowa was able to get him last second.

Cartwright's JR stats were almost spot on with Diante Garretts stats his JR year. I expect that Cartwright will bump them up even more his senior season (as did Dainte).

Anything you say about Cartwright could have been said about Diante. Especially after his JR year. Most Clone fans I know b!tched, moaned, whined, and cried about Diante up til last year.....

No doubt. I will not argue that at all. DG sucked under Greg and was never the player he should have been under him.

Also, I will disagree with this. I was having drinks with a member of the Iowa basketball team that played in 2005-2006. He said point blank, "Cartwright wouldn't have played a minute on our team."

No doubt. I will not argue that at all. DG sucked under Greg and was never the player he should have been under him.

DG level of play is on DG, not on Greg.

Cartwright will again led the conference in assists. He will probably avg. between 12-15 PPG also. If you have a PG like that every year, more times that not that is a winning combination.

DG level of play is on DG, not on Greg.

Cartwright will again led the conference in assists. He will probably avg. between 12-15 PPG also. If you have a PG like that every year, more times that not that is a winning combination.

Really? It's easy to see that DG's game didn't go with Greg's. G

I'll take that bet on Cartwright. If he scores 15 a game for Iowa, than you are in trouble. It means he took 15 shots to get that 15 points.

He is small, doesn't play good defense, can't shoot (yet still shots a lot), and led Iowa in assists b/c they had no other guards that can dribble the ball and handle it. He is a backup PG for any team in the Big 10. This is the truth.

Now you do have to give the kid credit for coming off the bench when Payne got hurt and doing what was needed but it still doesn't change the fact that he skill set is levels lower than most in the Big 10. There was a reason nobody offered him after JUCO and Iowa was able to get him last second.

Small - I didn't realize height at that PG position was that big of deal. If you are talking about size at the PG, he has a good build and uses his body very effectively against other defenders.

Defense - Average defender, nothing to brag about here.

Shooting - Average shooter. Not great from behind the arc. Odd looking shot. Can score when needed despite not being a great shooter.

Assists - Again, he lead the LEAGUE in assists on a very bad shooting team.

Rebounds - You left this off. He's an above average rebounder, especially for a PG and for his size.

Other Tangibles - Good ballhandler that can take his man off the dribble (something Iowa lacks). Great vision and feel.

I'm not saying he is an All-American, but Bryce is certainly not a mediocre player.

Really? It's easy to see that DG's game didn't go with Greg's. G

I'll take that bet on Cartwright. If he scores 15 a game for Iowa, than you are in trouble. It means he took 15 shots to get that 15 points.

I said 12-15....So a team that has a PG avg. 12-15 is in "trouble". Maybe you don't want much BB these days.....

Small - I didn't realize height at that PG position was that big of deal. If you are talking about size at the PG, he has a good build and uses his body very effectively against other defenders.

Shooting - Average shooter. Not great from behind the arc. Odd looking shot. Can score when needed despite not being a great shooter.

Rebounds - You left this off. He's an above average rebounder, especially for a PG and for his size.

Other Tangibles - Good ballhandler that can take his man off the dribble (something Iowa lacks). Great vision and feel.

I'm not saying he is an All-American, but Bryce is certainly not a mediocre player.

I can agree with this assessment.

Defense - Average defender, nothing to brag about here. Below average

Shooting - Average shooter. Not great from behind the arc. Odd looking shot. Can score when needed despite not being a great shooter. 27% 3 point shooting is awful. 69% FT for a guard is bad as well

Rebounds - You left this off. He's an above average rebounder, especially for a PG and for his size. 2 rebounds a game and he is above average?

Size is important if you don't have a high skill level which Bryce does not.

When he is a .99 PPS than yes it is trouble. That's a lot of shots for not a lot of points

Yeah, and Diante Garretts 1.07 PPS were AWESOME!! I mean if they both took 15 shots a game, Diante would avg. 16 PPS to Cartwrights 15 PPS.

Also last I checked every assist is 2 points. If your PG is creating 15 PPS himself, and dishing 6 APG, so add in another 12 PPS from assists, then you are in good shape at the PG position.

Can't deny that Bryce keeps good company. He certainly seems to be more than adequate, especially being cast into the starting role after Cully's injury. His stats, other than assists, are misleading. As the season continued, Cartwright got better and better. It got to the stage where he was the one you wanted to take the last shot to win or tie the game. He should be better this year with the incoming recruits which add at least two gunslingers to the mix.

Yeah, and Diante Garretts 1.07 PPS were AWESOME!! I mean if they both took 15 shots a game, Diante would avg. 16 PPS to Cartwrights 15 PPS.

Also last I checked every assist is 2 points. If your PG is creating 15 PPS himself, and dishing 6 APG, so add in another 12 PPS from assists, then you are in good shape at the PG position.

Where did I say that DG was a good scorer? I'm not sure why you keep bringing up DG with Bryce.

Also, not every assist is 2 points. Since 1986 if you made a bucket over 19 ft 9 inches, you got 3 points!! : )

Latest posts