We are NOT back.......

Let's not let facts get in the way of anything....

Thad Matta (103-42) 71.03% B1G win percentage
Bo Ryan (137-56) 70.98% B1G win percentage

Next time, research, then talk/type.

Would that maybe have been true coming into the season? Usually they say best winning percentage among coaches with at least 100 wins. If those stats are up to date, then AB probably didn't include this year's numbers.

When you have the highest winning % all time in one of the most storied conferences ever, then you are great. Period.

Wisconsin wasn't ranked when we just played you, not even close. Even if we were, storming the court isn't justified after beating ANY fringe Top 25 team.

It's an excuse FM can use if his team doesn't perform to expectations. "Well give my team a break, I was starting 3 freshman." Basabe is the better player at this point. In fact I'd also bring Clemmons off of the bench and start MG, Marble, White, Basabe and McCabe.

Ok, ok, FM has said in many press conferences after losses, "Well I was starting three true freshman", oh wait he hasn't. That is an excuse for a coach who is struggling to keep his job. FM is not one of them.

I don't care what you think of the Grinch, he isn't a great basketball coach in my mind or many here. After all this is an Iowa Hawkeyes message board. Let me guess BB was the greatest football coach too because of his 3 straight rose bowls too?

Just as BCL said, no one cares, except you.

I don't like anything Wisconsin and I don't have to have a good reason or not because I don't troll other teams message boards like you.

Iowa can still finish 10-8 but it will be a very weak 10-8 record since you only play MSU, OSU, Michigan once. Is that enough for an NCAA tournament bid with no "signature" wins? It's almost to the point where you have to beat Indiana.

For once I agree with you Vadger......Beating Wisconsin is not a signature win.

Iowa is still a year away like a lot of us thought.
But, still... if The Bubble stays this big and weak, there's always a chance. Iowa just needs to win games. They'll need to steal at least one somewhere now.

I just wonder if Iowa would turn down the NCAA bid and go to the NIT. You know, since that would be better for this team.

Frustration is natural when your team isn't winning, but if you had realistic expectations going into the year, you should view this season as a positive, thusfar.

(1) We won the State of Iowa, which has been rare over the last decade or so.

(2) No bad losses in the non-conference. VT wasn't a shining moment, but not that bad of a loss in my opinion.

(3) Although we are only 2-5 in the B1G, we are only a few points away from being 5-2. We are far more competitive against the upper-eschelon of the league than we have been in a long time.

(4) The freshmen have looked really good at times this year. Gesell and Clemmons are a bit farther along than Woody, but 95% of us would have guessed that before the season.

(5) Marble will definitely be back next year, so we will only lose one player.

Next year is shaping up to look pretty good.

I don't disagree with you at all, there are a lot of positives from this season.

One thing you didn't mention was the return of Basabe.

This team still has its issues, but the fact that they are so close becomes frustrating.

Realistic expectations or not, this season has been nothing but positive and the future looks really good.

Would that maybe have been true coming into the season? Usually they say best winning percentage among coaches with at least 100 wins. If those stats are up to date, then AB probably didn't include this year's numbers.

However the poster concluded that Bo Ryan has the greatest B1G win percentage in history is moot. There was no qualification. Simply stated "Highest winning % in BIG history."

That's false information.
If you want to brag about something, at least qualify it and/or, ya know, be correct.

WHY WON'T THESE FANS ON MY TEAM'S RIVAL MESSAGE BOARD NOT ACKNOWLEDGE MY TEAM AS THE BEST EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what you think of the Grinch, he isn't a great basketball coach in my mind or many here.

False, he is a great coach. He and Izzo managed to whine their way into turning the conference into this grabby-handchecky "defensive" league that churned out an absolutely awful product and a dearth of NBA players in the past decade (I think Deron Williams is the only decent offensive Big Ten player in the NBA right now). It is just a completely different product than it was say 20 years ago, and a big reason for that is Bo Ryan trying to figure out a way to win with crappy players. The issue now is that it is turning back to an actual basketball league with guys like Fran, Groce, Matta, Crean, Tubby and Beilein so Bo sees the writing on the wall. You could really see the meltdown when we beat them up there last year, he knows the times are a changin'. His fingerprints are all over the absolutely terrible run of Big Ten basketball the past several years. Rather than changing his talent or team, he actually changed the league and you have to give the guy credit, it definitely worked for him but I think his days near the top are numbered. He was the tallest midget for awhile but the rest of the coaches in this conference from top to bottom are just amazing.

Too many pages, please just summarize for me, I'm lazy.

"This team would be far better off with a NIT berth and some additional home games to help them mature and then a trip to NYC in the NIT where they are playing on the big stage. Some crappy first round NCAA exit with a low seed and a trip to Dayton or Toledo or some other crappy town in Ohio is NOT what this team needs right now."

Latest posts