We are NOT back.......

"This team would be far better off with a NIT berth and some additional home games to help them mature and then a trip to NYC in the NIT where they are playing on the big stage. Some crappy first round NCAA exit with a low seed and a trip to Dayton or Toledo or some other crappy town in Ohio is NOT what this team needs right now."

Thanks, sir!

False, he is a great coach. He and Izzo managed to whine their way into turning the conference into this grabby-handchecky "defensive" league that churned out an absolutely awful product and a dearth of NBA players in the past decade (I think Deron Williams is the only decent offensive Big Ten player in the NBA right now). It is just a completely different product than it was say 20 years ago, and a big reason for that is Bo Ryan trying to figure out a way to win with crappy players. The issue now is that it is turning back to an actual basketball league with guys like Fran, Groce, Matta, Crean, Tubby and Beilein so Bo sees the writing on the wall. You could really see the meltdown when we beat them up there last year, he knows the times are a changin'. His fingerprints are all over the absolutely terrible run of Big Ten basketball the past several years. Rather than changing his talent or team, he actually changed the league and you have to give the guy credit, it definitely worked for him but I think his days near the top are numbered. He was the tallest midget for awhile but the rest of the coaches in this conference from top to bottom are just amazing.

This is so hilarious and this is pretty much what I heard all summer from Iowa fans proclaiming "WE'RE BACK!!!!" and Wisconsin is heading back down to where they belong!!!!

Wisconsin 5-2
Iowa 2-5

"We're back!!"?? Yeah, looks about right to me. Keep in mind we are doing this without our arguably best player (Josh Gasser) and substantial games missed by Bruesewitz and now Kaminsky.

So how exactly are times a changin? Saying stuff like that just makes your fan base sound jealous and stupid

I wonder why people keep saying fans had to high of expectations? We are sitting exactly where 95% of people thought we would be right now. We are probably exceeding my expectations right now because I didn't think we would play all these top 15 teams so evenly to the point where I was incredibly disappointed that we lost.

If we were a below average shooting team instead of a god awful one, we would be tied for the conference lead with the easiest schedule left of anyone. We would also be in the top 15 right now. I would say even tho our record is what I thought it would be, our ceiling is higher then I thought.

This is so hilarious and this is pretty much what I heard all summer from Iowa fans proclaiming "WE'RE BACK!!!!" and Wisconsin is heading back down to where they belong!!!!

Wisconsin 5-2
Iowa 2-5

"We're back!!"?? Yeah, looks about right to me. Keep in mind we are doing this without our arguably best player (Josh Gasser) and substantial games missed by Bruesewitz and now Kaminsky.

So how exactly are times a changin? Saying stuff like that just makes your fan base sound jealous and stupid

If we claim Wisconsin to be our God's, will you go away.

Wisconsin 5-2
Iowa 2-5

If you weren't so dense, you would realize that Iowa fans use the "We're Back" thing as a joke.

You don't understand jokes, it's ok.

Wisconsin 5-2
Iowa 2-5

You're not good at the funnies are you?
But where you lack in that area, you are good at making false claims about your coach having the best win% in B1G history, so you've got that going for you.

I wonder why people keep saying fans had to high of expectations? We are sitting exactly where 95% of people thought we would be right now. We are probably exceeding my expectations right now because I didn't think we would play all these top 15 teams so evenly to the point where I was incredibly disappointed that we lost.

If we were a below average shooting team instead of a god awful one, we would be tied for the conference lead with the easiest schedule left of anyone. We would also be in the top 15 right now. I would say even tho our record is what I thought it would be, our ceiling is higher then I thought.

I am in the 5% that didn't have them where they are today, but I also had them 10-8 because I felt they were going to lose some games they shouldn't, but now they can't lose those games.

Iowa is not bad and their record is what it is because they still have issues that in Fran's 3rd year still can't be covered up.

Wisconsin 5-2
Iowa 2-5

Look, guy, I get that they don't teach readin' and stuff down to Wisconsin, but watch some conference play. It is definitely changing. Bo still controls the officials in his house so he has about 6-7 automatic wins a year (which is why I toss him into the great coach category), but this conference is not the same crap it was even a few years ago and as the newer coaches actually bring in the talent they want, you're going to see more changes. I personally think these wildly exciting Wisconsin shootouts like the 47-41 game against Nebraska, the 47-49 game against MSU and the 45-44 game against Minnesota are going to be relegated to the dust bin real soon in this conference. You can think otherwise, it wouldn't be the first time an overzealous moron from Wisconsin was wrong about something. **Cough** Joe McCarthy **Cough**

Look, guy, I get that they don't teach readin' and stuff down to Wisconsin, but watch some conference play. It is definitely changing. Bo still controls the officials in his house so he has about 6-7 automatic wins a year (which is why I toss him into the great coach category), but this conference is not the same crap it was even a few years ago and as the newer coaches actually bring in the talent they want, you're going to see more changes. I personally think these wildly exciting Wisconsin shootouts like the 47-41 game against Nebraska, the 47-49 game against MSU and the 45-44 game against Minnesota are going to be relegated to the dust bin real soon in this conference. You can think otherwise, it wouldn't be the first time an overzealous moron from Wisconsin was wrong about something. **Cough** Joe McCarthy **Cough**

Great coaches can win any style. Ryan is winning with the talent he is able to recruit. Our best recruiting class under Ryan comes in next year and he'll eventually play the style that fits them the best. We haven't run the swing in at least 4-5 seasons due to personnel. Ryan had one of the highest scoring/highest possession teams in his time at Platteville because he was playing with different horses. That's what good coaches do, they don't try and fit a square peg in a round hole.

I watch almost every conference game. So what was it about those whopping 16 first half points you put up against Purdue that should make me think somehow Iowa is revolutionizing the game?? I thought you guys were supposed to be a run n' gun team? Shouldn't you have had 16 points before the 1st media timeout?

Great coaches can win any style. Ryan is winning with the talent he is able to recruit. Our best recruiting class under Ryan comes in next year and he'll eventually play the style that fits them the best. We haven't run the swing in at least 4-5 seasons due to personnel. Ryan had one of the highest scoring/highest possession teams in his time at Platteville because he was playing with different horses. That's what good coaches do, they don't try and fit a square peg in a round hole.

I watch almost every conference game. So what was it about those whopping 16 first half points you put up against Purdue that should make me think somehow Iowa is revolutionizing the game?? I thought you guys were supposed to be a run n' gun team? Shouldn't you have had 16 points before the 1st media timeout?

That is nowhere near being true.

Don't bother ActiveVadger with facts......as Stormin has shown time and time and time again, the Vadger won't pay attention to anything remotely resembling a "fact".

I know, but it is too easy.

Dekker alone is a better recruiting class than the next one.

It has Koening a 4*, 3 unranked 3* and one player with zero *

Wisconsin has had multiple 4* prospects in the same class at least 4 times in the last decade.

Wisconsin has the best class ever coming next year and the winningest percentage B1G coach of all-time. Wisconsin is going to win the title of the college basketball world next year. It's because they play great defense and Bo Ryan gets all the calls because of his calm composure on the sidelines.

Wisconsin - most national titles ever under Ryan

Wisconsin has the best class ever coming next year and the winningest percentage B1G coach of all-time. Wisconsin is going to win the title of the college basketball world next year.

You forgot to mention that they are an "Elite" program throughout its history.

Nevermind ESPN has them ranked as the 88th best program in the last 50 years.

Wisconsin has the best class ever coming next year and the winningest percentage B1G coach of all-time. Wisconsin is going to win the title of the college basketball world next year. It's because they play great defense and Bo Ryan gets all the calls because of his calm composure on the sidelines.

Wisconsin - most national titles ever under Ryan

Wisconsin will be so good, they won't have to play their any games, just automatically put into the NC game and in which they will be by 50.

Don't bother ActiveVadger with facts......as Stormin has shown time and time and time again, the Vadger won't pay attention to anything remotely resembling a "fact".

I don't know what # of stars that they have next to their name but I know big time programs were recruiting 3 of our 5 players. Bronson Koenig was offered and heavily recruited by both Duke and North Carolina. He was the first player Roy Williams offered in that class. Nigel Hayes was recruited hard by Ohio State, Minnesota and Stanford (he's an excellent student). Vitto Brown was heavily recruited by Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Stanford. Any time you get a recruit that both Duke and North Carolina went after hard you are doing something. Add those guys into the return of Josh Gasser, Sam Dekker, George Marshall, Ben Brust and Traevon Jackson and we have something special brewing.

You guys are salivating over Woodbury being offered by UNC. Well Koenig was offered before Woodbury was and he's in the following class and he was offered by Coach K as well. Bo Ryan doesn't typically get guys like that. Now he'll have 2 in Dekker and Koenig.

I don't know what # of stars that they have next to their name but I know big time programs were recruiting 3 of our 5 players. Bronson Koenig was offered and heavily recruited by both Duke and North Carolina. He was the first player Roy Williams offered in that class. Nigel Hayes was recruited hard by Ohio State, Minnesota and Stanford (he's an excellent student). Vitto Brown was heavily recruited by Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Stanford. Any time you get a recruit that both Duke and North Carolina went after hard you are doing something. Add those guys into the return of Josh Gasser, Sam Dekker, George Marshall, Ben Brust and Traevon Jackson and we have something special brewing.

You guys are salivating over Woodbury being offered by UNC. Well Koenig was offered before Woodbury was and he's in the following class and he was offered by Coach K as well. Bo Ryan doesn't typically get guys like that. Now he'll have 2 in Dekker and Koenig.

Judging a kid based solely on who offered and when is pretty stupid.

No one was salivating over Woody being recruited by UNC. A lot of people were worried but not salivating. Grown men don't salivate over 16-17 year old HS boys unless they are a sex predator.

If you guys took the time to hear what I'm saying you'd find that I believe that Iowa has talent and a realistic chance at making the dance (however with almost no room for error). I think you guys finish 9-9, in fact I'd almost call that a definite as long as the wins go according to expectations. You've got 5 wins for sure (NW, PSU 2, Neb 2). Beat a STRUGGLING Illinois team at Carver and Purdue at Carver and that is 9 wins easily. IMO you need 10 wins minimum to get in because unless you beat BOTH Minnesota and Wisconsin and both of those teams make the NCAA then you don't have any good wins. That means you need 10 wins and at least 1 in the BTT.

So really, you should be rooting like hell for Minny and Wisconsin to be good so those wins look better. You should also be rooting like hell for Iowa State if you can stomach it because that gives you at least 1 good noncon win.

Latest posts