We are NOT back.......

1. Back means in the NCAA tournament. Every AQ team wants to make it to the Big Dance. Nobody follows the NIT, CBI, whatever other tournaments there are except for fans of those teams. The NCAA tournament is the best annual event in sports, any passive sports fan fills out a bracket and pays attention no matter what team you root for. The impact of making it there seems like more of a confidence boost than anything a lower tournament could give. A young team that makes the tournament can say they have been there and build on that for the future. I don't think ranked is a requirement, there are going to be seasons where you aren't ranked simply by the fact that you aren't a Duke or Kansas and are having a rebuilding year. Most good programs can get through a rebuilding year and still make the tournament, which is not a disappointment for a down year.

2. It doesn't matter how much you win or lose a game by, most teams in the country are a few points away from some big wins and a much better standing. That's life in basketball.

3. I never realized how many good nicknames there are for Badger fans until I read this thread today.

4. Wisconsin basketball is a snoozer. Thanks for Matt Thomas.

Last edited:
This team would be far better off with a NIT berth and some additional home games to help them mature and then a trip to NYC in the NIT where they are playing on the big stage. Some crappy first round NCAA exit with a low seed and a trip to Dayton or Toledo or some other crappy town in Ohio is NOT what this team needs right now.
Dang, O'Keefe, you totally called it.

You're not very good at looking to the future. A deep NIT run would give us confidence going into next season. I see this team as no worse than a 3 seed next year and we need more March experience than just getting spanked by some decent Big East team in the first round of the tourney. I'll take the NIT run, good year next year, good run in the tourney next year over what you are proposing, which is NCAA this year, no momentum or building or growth, 9 seed next year and second round exit to a number 1 seed.
Whoa, O'Keefe, did Tork basically cut and paste your posts and make them an article?

You must be joking. I'd rather get to the NCAA then go to the NIT. There is no guarantee this team would make a deep run in the NIT. If you could look into the future and guarantee a trip to NY then it would be something to think about but I think I'd still take making the NCAAs over it.

Making the NCAAs would increase their confidence heading to next season more so than winning a couple of games in the NIT.
Hey prole, this team made it to NY. NIT is better.

Izzo just gave Iowa props for "a deep run in their tournament" on the Final Four show - I think that means we're back.

we should just keep this thread around for the next season too. i'm sure some will be expecting an undefeated non-con schedule and the meltdown will just start again when we have a loss. this thread could be used for that? i think so.

So to recap OK4P repeatedly said a long NIT run would be beneficial for this team, until it actually happened, and then he argued that it was worthless.

Latest posts