Tyler Ulis Trims List to 4

Regarding Kentucky:

I could see them taking multiple PGs, especially if Mudiay is one of them. With all the issues that Mudiay's former Prime Prep teammates have had with college eligibility, whoever lands him might want to cover their their bases by bringing in another PG. Also, Kentucky has a track record (see 2009, Wall and Bledsoe) of successfully playing two true point guards together, so there's that as well.

I understand why Ullis wanted the Kentucky offer, it's nice to be wanted by the best, but at the same time Ullis is not going to be a one and done and probably will never be an NBA draft pick unless he hits a major growth spurt. Going to Kentucky is going to mean playing with a revolving door of teammates, guys who aren't coming there to wait their turn and probably guys who are better and bigger pg's. If he goes there, more power to him, but just seems like an odd choice for a guy like him.

I understand why Ullis wanted the Kentucky offer, it's nice to be wanted by the best, but at the same time Ullis is not going to be a one and done and probably will never be an NBA draft pick unless he hits a major growth spurt. Going to Kentucky is going to mean playing with a revolving door of teammates, guys who aren't coming there to wait their turn and probably guys who are better and bigger pg's. If he goes there, more power to him, but just seems like an odd choice for a guy like him.

He'll probably have a similar career to Pierre Jackson, IMO. Maybe a little more productive if he's got a better work ethic and better focus (the lack of which plagues Baylor teams every year), but in the end an excellent 4-year player and 2nd round pick.

This I agree with and the only person to truly speak publicly about Kentucky is his father. There is just something that strikes me odd about this offer and interest on both sides actually. I can see that Ulis wants to be wanted by the best, but I just don't see him going there. Like you said though, more power to him if he goes. It just seems like a square peg in a round hole.

He said early that he was going to trim his list to 4 .....Iowa and Mich st were 1,2 USC has attention for what ever reason and who do you throw in for the last team one of the best. The one thing that I like is that is family is so involved everything I have seen says they really like Fran. I think Iowa is still a major player here.

He'll probably have a similar career to Pierre Jackson, IMO. Maybe a little more productive if he's got a better work ethic and better focus (the lack of which plagues Baylor teams every year), but in the end an excellent 4-year player and 2nd round pick.
Ullis is going juco?

I said similar, not carbon copy. Jackson played 4 years of college ball.

I don't think the Pierre Jackson comparison is a good one at all, aside from them both being short. That Baylor team was built around him, he had a usage rate of 30.5%, number 32 in the entire country. Calipari is always going to build his teams to showcase his elite one and done recruits, he's not going to build his offense around a 5'8" guard who has almost no chance of being drafted.

He said early that he was going to trim his list to 4 .....Iowa and Mich st were 1,2 USC has attention for what ever reason and who do you throw in for the last team one of the best. The one thing that I like is that is family is so involved everything I have seen says they really like Fran. I think Iowa is still a major player here.
USC has his attention because of their new head coach from Florida Gulf Coast and his style of play.

I don't think the Pierre Jackson comparison is a good one at all, aside from them both being short. That Baylor team was built around him, he had a usage rate of 30.5%, number 32 in the entire country. Calipari is always going to build his teams to showcase his elite one and done recruits, he's not going to build his offense around a 5'8" guard who has almost no chance of being drafted.

You don't think that our offense would be built around him by the time he was a junior?

Both are college teams. Both went to the NIT last year. Why are we kidding ourselves? There is no reason Iowa can't be better than Kentucky... they are right now.

You believe this?

Kentucky will be the consensus No. 1 team in the polls and a favorite to win the National Championship at the start of the season. Do you really want to go there?

Kentucky is bringing in "perhaps" the most prolific recruiting class ever. 5 players all ranked in the Top 10! Right now... these "kids" have not played one single college game. I would take Iowa right now... yes. Over the season, Kentucky has a higher ceiling... IF their recruits pan out.

Kentucky is briKentucky n "perh.s" the most prolific recruiting class ever. 5 players all ranked in the Top 10! Right now... these "kids" have not played one single college game. I would take Iowa right now... yes. Over the season, Kentucky has a higher ceiling... IF their recruits pan out.

Come March we can talk and I promise you Kentucky will be one of the top teams. It isnt always about what they are bringing in it is about what they return as well.

Latest posts