Tyler Ulis Trims List to 4

You would think so.

If Ulis does pull the trigger for Kentucky tomorrow Im not going to give up all hope. Calipari would more than likely take Tyus Jones after Ulis commits if he wanted to give one.

Okafor and Jones were both thought to be heavy Duke leans but it sounds like lately Okafor is starting to warm up to Kentucky and its well documented that Jones and Okafor want to attend the same college.

Cal will literally give 13 schollys each year to lock up the best of each years crop. One analyst out there has tweeted that Cal told him that Ulis was a stopgap for 2014-15 only, and that he hopes Ulis is one and done. Cal clearly intends to bring in Newman in the 2015 class, who is #1 overall ,and a pg also. Such BS!!

This from Jeff Goodman of CBS, on twitter: Michigan State conceding Tyler Ulis to UK, moving to backup plan. "Tum Tum" Nairn will visit East Lansing this weekend, source told ESPN.

Cal will literally give 13 schollys each year to lock up the best of each years crop. One analyst out there has tweeted that Cal told him that Ulis was a stopgap for 2014-15 only, and that he hopes Ulis is one and done. Cal clearly intends to bring in Newman in the 2015 class, who is #1 overall ,and a pg also. Such BS!!

I've been saying from the git go KY wasn't a good fit for him for that very reason. They were going to recruit over the top of him if not this same class they can or for sure next yr. He's just a plan B insurance policy to them in case they strike out on any of the other ones they'd rather have this year. The fact they got in on recruiting him as late as they have is all you need to know for proof to that. That has been brought up to him and he's aware of that possibility and we'll see if that either matters to him or if he thinks he's so good he'll beat out whoever comes in there with him. Some kids would rather be a role player for a big time program then be a cornerstone for a middle of the pack up and coming team. Not apples to apples here at all but remember Ricky Davis's quote of how he'd rather be a bench warmer in the NBA then a star at Iowa... in a roundabout way that's what this is.

Well, if you don't like hearing from Kentucky insiders, here's his crystal ball from insiders all over the country:

Tyler Ulis's Crystal Ball Predictions

In summary, Kentucky it is.
Maybe I'm looking at this with rose colored glasses, but I don't buy it. Iowa has been a doormat for most of the last 5 or 6 years. No big time recruits in their right mind would consider Iowa until Fran got here. Most writers/experts are still in that mind set. But the tide is turning and those 'experts' haven't figured it out yet.

Do I believe Tyler will be a Hawkeye? I'll believe it when I see it, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Maybe I'm looking at this with rose colored glasses, but I don't buy it. Iowa has been a doormat for most of the last 5 or 6 years. No big time recruits in their right mind would consider Iowa until Fran got here. Most writers/experts are still in that mind set. But the tide is turning and those 'experts' haven't figured it out yet.

Do I believe Tyler will be a Hawkeye? I'll believe it when I see it, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

The team with the most crystal balls is usually who gets the commit at a very high rate from what I've gathered in watching basketball recruiting, and most of those aren't overwhelmingly weighted towards one school, let alone 100% to one school.

Latest posts