Tyler Ulis Trims List to 4

They list 2015 recruit, Charles Matthews, as a pg. He plays with Tyler Ulis on Meanstreets AAU team. He is a top 15 player from the Chicago catholic league. I hope that Tyler sees that he can be recruited right over in Ky's next class.

If I had to guess percentages right now for Ulis' signature, I would guess:

Kentucky: 65%
MSU: 25%
Iowa: 10%

The things I've read lately have made me pretty pessimistic about how this will turn. Granted, almost everything I've read has come from MSU and Kentucky reporters, so there's hope that they're just spinning it for their audience.

I think it is a good sign that the Ulis's have stuck to their plan of not committing until they return to Chicago and discuss it for a week or so. Probably one more home visit from the three coaches. Call me crazy, but I think Iowa is an equal fav with the other two....tough choice for the young man.

Iowa
  • First to start recruiting
  • First to offer .. .. a LONG time ago
  • Uptempo offense
  • Good relationship with Fran
  • Close to home so less expensive for family to come to games .. legally.
  • First choice - Tyler Ulis

Michigan State
  • Family ties .. albeit cousin
  • High profile coach
  • High profile program
  • Tempo .. not so much ..
  • Team results
  • First choice - Tyus Jones

Kentucky
  • Very high profile program
  • High profile coach
  • Team results (except last year)
  • Individual results .. lots of NBA draft choices
  • First choice - Emmanuel Mudiay

If I'm Tyler Ulis, where do I want to be? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

From what I've read....his dad is saying that he might make announcement sometime around this 14th of this month (or right around there)....have any of you heard something similar or possibly different?

Will be very disappointing if Iowa doesn't land Ulis for all the work Fran's done. Great that Iowa is in his final 3 but if you don't land the big fish others will and all this work will be for not.

By the way, how in the heck is Iowa State the top pick to land Rashad Vaughn!? He's the #11 recruit OVERALL! A lot more sought after than Ulis and more top programs involved.

we need to have a few years of success to put us on national map like them.

Will be very disappointing if Iowa doesn't land Ulis for all the work Fran's done. Great that Iowa is in his final 3 but if you don't land the big fish others will and all this work will be for not.

By the way, how in the heck is Iowa State the top pick to land Rashad Vaughn!? He's the #11 recruit OVERALL! A lot more sought after than Ulis and more top programs involved.

we need to have a few years of success to put us on national map like them.

ISU is far from the favorite to land Vaughn, they are probably third behind UNC and Kentucky and maybe behind Baylor too.

If Ullis chooses Kentucky, I still think he could eventually land here two or three years down the line.

ISU is far from the favorite to land Vaughn, they are probably third behind UNC and Kentucky and maybe behind Baylor too.

If Ullis chooses Kentucky, I still think he could eventually land here two or three years down the line.

In 2-3 years Iowa will have a different PG and it probably won't be as attractive to him. I'd say 2014 or bust for Tyler.

Iowa
  • First to start recruiting
  • First to offer .. .. a LONG time ago
  • Uptempo offense
  • Good relationship with Fran
  • Close to home so less expensive for family to come to games .. legally.
  • First choice - Tyler Ulis

Michigan State
  • Family ties .. albeit cousin
  • High profile coach
  • High profile program
  • Tempo .. not so much ..
  • Team results
  • First choice - Tyus Jones

Kentucky
  • Very high profile program
  • High profile coach
  • Team results (except last year)
  • Individual results .. lots of NBA draft choices
  • First choice - Emmanuel Mudiay

If I'm Tyler Ulis, where do I want to be? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Thats how I look at it. I would think that's how most people from all 3 fan bases would. The question is how does he prioritize those things. Maybe he thinks he's cut out to be a KY Wildcat and can go pro in a couple years. (I think he's a 4 yr player) Maybe he's been a fan of MSU along time and with his cousin there he can't say no to them. Or maybe he will think Iowa and Fran are a perfect fit for him system wise along with all that you mentioned. I'm so fired up for this team. We'll see I just think this program is pointed the right direction and him committing would more then continue their momentum.

I of course have no inside info. I've just taken long looks at James Ulis' quotes. I posted a link to an article, yesterday, where James states he doesn't feel Tyler is a one and done, or even a two and done player; though he feels Tyler is as talented as a one and done player. James Ulis (and Tyler) both say; when asked about Iowa, how much they love and respect Fran for being a good guy and "knowing" talent when he sees it. And, they both have said repeatedly how "Iowa is like a big family." They have also said that while many factors will play into the decsion, what Tyler is looking for most is/are the relationships. Granted it is reading between the lines, but every quote I hear from them about Iowa, makes me feel very hopeful.

Odd. The Kentucky insiders all just said Iowa State is going to land him......

UNC was the favorite but they got a top SG already committed and they seem to have fizzled with him. I'm not sure if Iowa State is getting Vaughn or not, and based of history they are not.

Most now believe it's ISU or UNLV (he now goes to Findley Prep)

Thanks HawkeyeTurdoRyno for bringing the 'Clods into this...thanks, thanks a lot.

Unreal, go talk about it in the Rivalry forum please.

Sorry, but I honestly do not care where Rashad Vaughn ends up, I know he isn't going to Iowa.

This thread is about an potential Iowa recruit...please post accordingly, TIA.

My view hasn't changed here, but now seeing dad acknowledging Fran is something he didn't do early on and I like the fact that he considers Fran a friend. I have thought for awhile that Tyler's first choice has been Iowa because he hasn't really said a whole lot publicly about the other schools. When he has discussed recruiting Tyler has continued to stress relationships and who has recruited him from the beginning means a lot.

that article says some recruiting analysts put Kentucky as the fav...I think it's MSU, then Iowa, then Kentucky...I think MSU and Iowa are pretty close.

It's hard to say no to the big schools. I don't think he and KY are a good fit. It doesn't mean he wouldn't choose them over a better fit. Him just wanting to go to the biggest program out there pretty much might be what his priority ends up being. But it sure would suck to go there knowing that the pgs they'll bring in behind you the next couple of years will probably jump you in the lineup. Calipari usually goes for the one and done type of pgs that are just off the charts good. I don't think Ulis as a soph or jr could beat out the next John Wall or Derek Rose. At Iowa he could quite possibly be a 3 or better part of 4 yr starter and be looked at like a BJ Armstrong type of leader. Hope he looks further ahead then just the next year.

that article says some recruiting analysts put Kentucky as the fav...I think it's MSU, then Iowa, then Kentucky...I think MSU and Iowa are pretty close.

Yes, the article on the Kentucky sports website put Kentucky as the favorite. There may be a Sparty website that says MSU has Ulis in the bag. At this point it all looks like speculation and allegedly and according to someone else, etc.

But if that's the case, then Iowa has a pretty good shot. After all, it's being widely reported that Both Kentucky and MSU are making a run at other PG's.

GO HAWKS!!!

You would think so.

If Ulis does pull the trigger for Kentucky tomorrow Im not going to give up all hope. Calipari would more than likely take Tyus Jones after Ulis commits if he wanted to give one.

Okafor and Jones were both thought to be heavy Duke leans but it sounds like lately Okafor is starting to warm up to Kentucky and its well documented that Jones and Okafor want to attend the same college.

Latest posts